Sign in to follow this  
Josephl

Turns case?

So, my question is how exactly does a kritik "turn case"? I used to run the K this way but it doesn't seem to exactly make sense. It seems one is mixing the real world and fictitious world. Perhaps I am wrong, but how exactly is a K able to "turn case"?

you have to find evidence that says whatever you are kritiquing be it ccapitalism, patriarchy, or reading khalilzad is the root cause of the affirmative's harms. you should also tag this card "the kritik comes first" (and make up some shit for warrants) so they don't get their 1ac anymore

So, my question is how exactly does a kritik "turn case"? I used to run the K this way but it doesn't seem to exactly make sense. It seems one is mixing the real world and fictitious world. Perhaps I am wrong, but how exactly is a K able to "turn case"?

Well clearly, the first argument you have to win is that the K isn't a "fictitious world." If it's a discourse K like reps you have to win the discourse shapes reality argument. If it's something like a cap K, you simply have to win an impact that turns the case, such as cap -> disease

K's turn case bcuz it "kritiks" the case in the sense that

Ex. -- for the SSA topic

lets say the plan is to send doctors to africa- the link with imperialism is that "the AFF assumes the U.S. is uniquely well equipped to deal with global issues" (or at least thats the link for the imperialism K i run) - and "imperialism bad- it kills babies, causes genocide" thats an example of a case turn - i wud explain more but im feeling very lazy right now

i hope this helped

sorry if it doesnt

email me if u got nemore questions

aff: somthing that claims to solve a bio D impact

K: attempting to know and manage the environment bad

K turns the case: the reason we even are facing problems like bio diversity loss is because of our attempts to know and dominate nature have lead to its extinction and destruction in every historical instance.

Kritiks can't turn the case, it's impossible.

Edited by squid
the truth

that's not even half rite or funny

Strike me if you plan to go for that K turns case nonsense.

• Downvote 1

Hey Scu, I wasn't being serious. Whenever you see me say something negative about kritiks, chances are very high that I'm just messing with synergy.

Hey Scu, I wasn't being serious. Whenever you see me say something negative about kritiks, chances are very high that I'm just messing with synergy.

Hehe, that's cool. Sorry, I was out of it last night. I also had a discussion recently with a friend that coaches HS debate at the national level, and my friend said that the school wouldn't have to learn how to answer the K, they could just pref out of it. I think I have some irritation still on that score.

Hehe, that's cool. Sorry, I was out of it last night. I also had a discussion recently with a friend that coaches HS debate at the national level, and my friend said that the school wouldn't have to learn how to answer the K, they could just pref out of it. I think I have some irritation still on that score.

Haha, it's all good. As someone who went for the K about 90% of my negative rounds this year I am certainly sympathetic to that frustration.

i've once heard from a coach that you want to make 6 arguements on K when you're neg.

1. K solves case

2. K turns case

3. Protect the alt

4.Protect the alt

5.Protect the alt

6. Perm debate.

How does K turn case? Well say 1AC is going into africa to give vaccines, idk. 1NC has colonialism K or Eurocentrism K. My arguement would be

K turns case, and comes before the aff because the colonialist mindset is what led Africa to its SQ today. The fact that they have been colonized and forced to depend on the Europeans made their infrascture bad, which led to these diseases the 1AC claim to solve, which is why the K comes first and ultimately i can even go as far as k solves case because it prevents further "infrastructure Harm" that could lead to far more diseases.

I'm sure there is a better example though.

I get it now. Now I'm wondering, is this more of an effective way to run it? I just see running the K as more of a real link and real impact rather than mixing it with the substantive debate impacts. I think I'm just rambling but does anyone know what I mean?

I get it now. Now I'm wondering, is this more of an effective way to run it? I just see running the K as more of a real link and real impact rather than mixing it with the substantive debate impacts. I think I'm just rambling but does anyone know what I mean?

dude your k doesnt make any fucking sense in the 'real world'. There is no 'real impact' to most arguments in debate. The reason turns case arguments are important is if you are going for somthing like a reps K, the aff will make framework arguments that debate should be about the plan and consequences of it...turns case arguments is like a "we meet" to their framework in that the K is still a reason to vote neg even if you reject the alt because it is not a "competitive policy option".

• Upvote 1