Chucks

2007-2008 TOC Thread

Anyone know (details) what happened in round 7 Wesminster AS vs Hooch FL? I know that Hooch broke a new aff, but can someone elaborate?

don't come out until after the champions breakfast in the morning. expect 7am PST.

Doug D

Saint Francis HS

ps: expect rafey/vijay at the TOC next year....you heard it here first...

Anyone know the result of the rhsm/head royce rd? I'm assuming its over unless someone went for speech times are oppressive.

• Downvote 1

Anyone know the result of the rhsm/head royce rd? I'm assuming its over unless someone went for speech times are oppressive.

head royce dropped

Spectators who are not at the TOC and have something to say about Karlson and Brian: Fuck. Off. You didn't get there. You didn't get to quarters and beyond at virtually every tournament. You didn't get to finals at MBA. But Karlson and his midget did it without the resources and staff of some big name school.

I'll agree that number of bids doesn't represent some objective reality. But they are a damn good team and the nerve to say "I'm more shocked about x." is pretty rude to say publicly. Karlson is hands down one of the top 2 smartest and coolest guys I know.

On that note, AS is a fantastic team and I got some mad love for Anshu (even though she calls me Emo :-( .)

Props to all those broke and those who even had the opportunity to compete at such a prestigious tournament.

Edit: if you're going to call me a "stupid fuck" then don't misspell Stratford. It's not "stradfod" -- I realize they're in Bumfuck, GA but that doesn't mean their school sounds like something you could find on a farm.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Just out of curiosity, who were the three teams that broke a nanotech aff? Also, did the teams running nanotech win those aff rounds? Or does anyone know what happened in the rounds where nanotech was run?

Just out of curiosity, who were the three teams that broke a nanotech aff? Also, did the teams running nanotech win those aff rounds? Or does anyone know what happened in the rounds where nanotech was run?

yeah i agree. I would like all the nanotech details.

Maybe you can help us out synergy?

anyone know what went down in the round?

We read our water privatization/neoliberalism bad aff that we broke round 6. Rowland Hall read plan flaw, a PIC out of topically designated areas, and an ontology K. They went for the K, and Nooch voted largely on a Foucault-based module within it.

• Downvote 1

Bishop Guertin CP v Greenhill HS [J. Heidt, Ed Lee, Morales]

Carrollton HS v Bronx High School of Science BG [Hardy, Herndon, Paul]

Chattahoochee FL (neg) v Meadows KS [berthaiume, Matheson, Phillips] (Meadows won the flip and flipped aff)

Cathedral Prep CH (aff) v Colleyville Heritage DH [Culpepper, Jennings, Repko]

Damien CG v Glenbrook North OZ [Fitzmier, Keenan, Murray]

Greenhill RR v Pace Academy AL [bricker, D. Heidt, Olson]

Groves BG v Rowland Hall BL [Clark, Hamraie, Quinn]

St. Marks BK v. Colleyville Heritage MN [Greenstein, B. Hall, Harrigan]

All other rounds (minus CathPrep and Colleyville DH) are flips

• Downvote 1

can someone videotape finals and upload it?

I'm sure someone will video tape the finals. I'm more interested in seeing some outrounds. I really wanted to see Cathedral CH v. Colleyville DH...

• Downvote 1

They broke that round 6, buddy.

no no no

that was bushmeat in congo basin...this is a new 1 im actually here and its a new aff

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1. William Karlson
  2. Chase Burton
  3. Katryna Cadle
  4. Evan Matthews
  5. Daniel Sharp
  6. James Hamraie
  7. Jordan Blumenthal
  8. Matt Foretich
  9. Robin Gray
  10. Kristina Gunnarsdottir
  11. Nick Rogan
  12. Hillary Ledwell
  13. Sophia Goren
  14. Rajesh Jegadeesh
  15. Alex Katz
  16. Ryan Beiermeister
  17. Simon Mettler
  18. Sean O’Brien
  19. Anshu Sathian
  20. Andrew Murray

(credit to jeffrey's site)

ps. posts about things such as how some teams got bids only cause they traveled more are just totally uncalled for in this thread.