aallsup

TOC Ruling

(emphasis mine).

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? DOES THIS COMMUNITY HAVE NO SENSE OF SHAME? Honestly, Kansas debaters, why are you not ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGED that a COACH is talking like this to a DEBATER??? I would be offended by this level of intellectual and personal disrespect between two debaters, but to see someone who supposedly holds a position of RESPECT and AUTHORITY treating a debater like this is horrible. The way the axis of disrepect was tilting in this thread has been obvious -- AAllsup, Aleph, et al have gone to extreme levels to restrain their emotions about this issue and in response they get mocked by A COACH to this extent and in total disregard for the trouble they went through this year; especially since this guy is a representative of the organization that did this to them. Honestly, if I were a student at this guy's school I would be ashamed, and if I were an administrator there I would seriously consider disciplinary action. Statements made here as a coach are no different from statements made at a tournament -- either way they're in a debate context made by a school official. If he just wants to spout off he could post anonymously, but I think it is unconscionable for a coach to be saying things like this.

Mr Volen get your resume ready, the Lord of the Rings nerd is going to have your job!

lol

PS the movies are way better than the books

Edited by t-money
to add the part about the lotr nerd

If Volen had not acted in the manner of a "jackass" I would not have been inclined to engage him on such a level of argument. Seriously, I respected his statements until he started using ad homs and exaggerating the student's arguments.

Perhaps it was just an act of desperation with his inability to respond to arguments on an organized, logical manner.

I'm such a hypocrite, using ad homs now. But it makes me feel good, so whatever

• Downvote 1

I know this analysis might be hard to observe from your view in the hyperreal, but think about it.

hahahahahahahaha

STADB9 ---

Sure, you are probably correct. Unfortunately, if you are, then I feel that the vote was misrepresented to me. And also, if you are correct, then I must ask a question: Why haven't the coaches been asked if they support the 500 mile rule or not???

hahahahahahahaha

STADB9 ---

Sure, you are probably correct. Unfortunately, if you are, then I feel that the vote was misrepresented to me. And also, if you are correct, then I must ask a question: Why haven't the coaches been asked if they support the 500 mile rule or not???

This gets debated all the time but with the recent ruling I think that's farther on many people's minds now. Tournaments like Greenhill, Valley, The Iowa Caucus, New Trier, St. Mark's, Glenbrooks, Dowling, Blake, Omaha-Westside, and some others I'm forgetting are still available.

Why haven't the coaches been asked if they support the 500 mile rule or not???

Because these rules apply to every single activity and sport KSHSAA oversees (as it is explained to me). Therefore the real power here most likely isn't the debate community rather it is those "groups" that tend to have much more influence over the school and the activities association. I won't name who those groups might be but as you look at your own schools what groups tend to get what they want from the powers that be?

Sorry guys, but we matter even less than the students.

Who won the TOC?

Greenhill - Nick Rogan and Olivia Rogan

Dallas, TX

defeats

Colleyville - Even Defillippis and James Hamraie

Dallas, TX

That was my point. The discussions now are not good, they devolve into personal attacks which is why we should not have them unless we can move past that issue....it's posts like these that are there for the sake of arguing and trying to provoke argumentation that just causes more hostility and no compromise.

Ah, this wasn't entirely clear from your above post. At least we agree.

This gets debated all the time but with the recent ruling I think that's farther on many people's minds now. Tournaments like Greenhill, Valley, The Iowa Caucus, New Trier, St. Mark's, Glenbrooks, Dowling, Blake, Omaha-Westside, and some others I'm forgetting are still available.

Omaha-Westside was not approved by KSHSAA this year.