Sign in to follow this  
thegoldeneagle

Vote Brik For Mod!!!

This guy has never got in fight with anyone, is nice, intelligent, responsible and wears one hell of a yellow hat.

Seeing as he is someone who will actually moderate the forums and not allow me, Adolf, and VPFritzMondale make stupid posts on the forums and seeing that Ben is always been a good debater, smart person, and excellent role model, I see no reason as to why he shouldn't be moderator.

He will moderate, he will allow for fun but reject pointless insults. I know I'm not his campaign manager; I'm just an advocate who wanted his voice heard.

One man, one position, one vote. . .You decide.

(P.S. Who really wants a penguin as moderator? They're like the 7th ranked species on a scale of coolness.)

• Downvote 1

One man, one position, one vote. . .You decide.

what, a return to pre-suffrage days? I say we let the womenfolk (and everyone in between) vote as well.

• Downvote 1

what, a return to pre-suffrage days? I say we let the womenfolk (and everyone in between) vote as well.

'One man' as in Brik/Ben is the one man best for the position. Not 'one man' as is in only a man can be moderator since 'womanfolk' aren't capable of being moderator or 'one man' as in women aren't worthy of such a awesome grant of the right to be eligible to vote in this crucial Cross-X.com moderator election.

Also, in response to your term 'pre-suffrage,' I'd like to point out that your implying that we're returning to a time in which no one can vote. Suffrage is not a word limited to the people you call 'womenfolk' but a general, sex-less privilege given to nearly all people in our country.

• Downvote 3

given that no activity that a mod takes (as a mod) is referred to as voting, my guess was that the voting part referred to the voting system for the mod position.

and one can use suffrage in a historical sense as well as a definitional one.

and its funny that you think i'm taking the election so seriously after such a frivolous comment :)

• Downvote 1

Seeing as he is someone who will actually moderate the forums and not allow me, Adolf, and VPFritzMondale make stupid posts on the forums

I like how this endorsement comes from someone who advocates his posts should be deleted

Also, in response to your term 'pre-suffrage,' I'd like to point out that your implying that we're returning to a time in which no one can vote. Suffrage is not a word limited to the people you call 'womenfolk' but a general, sex-less privilege given to nearly all people in our country.

and one can use suffrage in a historical sense as well as a definitional one.

before you wade into waters too deep for your own good, ben has his masters in history.

I also endorse Mr. Brik. He's one of the coolest dudes on the circuit, and I literally can't think of one person who has ever said a single negative comment about him.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

I also endorse Mr. Brik. He's one of the coolest dudes on the circuit, and I literally can't think of one person who has ever said a single negative comment about him.

and you've been around a while with two posts so thats legitimate.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

and you've been around a while with two posts so thats legitimate.

Don't let the post count fool you. Mike's been dominating in SD forensics for the past three years and qualified for nationals this year in policy.

• Downvote 2

I am pretty sure he wasn't trying to discredit his debate experience because post count =/= debate success.

Also, thegoldeneage, what posts have I left of yours/Adolf's/VP_Fritz's that you found warranting deletion? If I miss some, you can just PM myself or Red And Black and we will see what we can do.

• Upvote 1

Seeing as he is someone who will actually moderate the forums and not allow me, Adolf, and VPFritzMondale make stupid posts on the forums

zach just brought this to my attention. if you know your posts are stupid and warrant moderation, don't post them. wtf mate?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I am pretty sure he wasn't trying to discredit his debate experience because post count =/= debate success.

Also, thegoldeneage, what posts have I left of yours/Adolf's/VP_Fritz's that you found warranting deletion? If I miss some, you can just PM myself or Red And Black and we will see what we can do.

Who said this is what he was trying to do?

However, Wilcox was trying to discredit m holkesviks experience with Brik and how he percieves Brik. Regardless or what Wilcox's true intent was he implied that you have to post alot on cross-x.com in order to support someone and tell others about whoever it is your backing.

Brik simply responded by saying that although he hasn't posted much they know each other well.

Why are you defending Wilcox? His comment sucked worse than playing marco polo with helen keller.

And you might be my mod?...shit

• Downvote 3

zach just brought this to my attention. if you know your posts are stupid and warrant moderation, don't post them. wtf mate?

Kind of like you posting something like "wtf mate?"

not that it definitely isn't a super cool saying or anything

Who said this is what he was trying to do?

However, Wilcox was trying to discredit m holkesviks experience with Brik and how he percieves Brik. Regardless or what Wilcox's true intent was he implied that you have to post alot on cross-x.com in order to support someone and tell others about whoever it is your backing.

Brik simply responded by saying that although he hasn't posted much they know each other well.

Why are you defending Wilcox? His comment sucked worse than playing marco polo with helen keller.

And you might be my mod?...shit

I was only pointing out the connection that Brik made in response to Wilcox's post. Read his post over. Even if Wilcox implied that you have to post a lot on cross-x.com in order to support someone, that still doesn't mean that Wilcox meant post count=debate success, which is what Brik seemed to interpret to be.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I was only pointing out the connection that Brik made in response to Wilcox's post. Read his post over. Even if Wilcox implied that you have to post a lot on cross-x.com in order to support someone, that still doesn't mean that Wilcox meant post count=debate success, which is what Brik seemed to interpret to be.

You realize that you're continual beat down of the postings is not going to help your candidacy.

Down with The Penguin

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

Sorry for my confusion.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Oh no not my cross-x rep

yes. but why stop with you? Al k seltzer is neutral and so is this pauly fellow.

Send them in the red so they make new accounts, maybe less annoying ones.

• Downvote 1

I know that post count doesn't equal success, but no one is trying to say Wilcox was or wasn't saying that except you. That wasn't really the point of my post.

Actually, I really don't mind you being my moderator. Disregard the last line.

• Upvote 1

yes. but why stop with you? Al k seltzer is neutral and so is this pauly fellow.

Send them in the red so they make new accounts, maybe less annoying ones.

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

By the way could you hold deez?

• Downvote 3

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

By the way could you hold deez?

way to take my joke and make it shit. good job.

Ok, how would have you told it? The only reason its "shit" now is because you just screwed it up.

i wouldnt have told it. save the sancitity of deez nuts joke for actual person to person conversations otherwise they just suck and you end up ruining the already fragile joke. you can't make the play on "deez" and "these" when you type them out..