kerpen

Which of the final topic choices do you want?

Which of the final topic choices do you want?  

812 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the final topic choices do you want?

• Federal Elections
    • Civil Liberties
    • No preference

Let's not get distracted from the topic at hand, shall we...anyway, I do beleive God exists...(I said, I'm a deist, not an atheist) and that's just a turn of phrase.

Pull through everything bad I have said about civlib and everything good that I have said for fedelect.

TOTALLY IRRELEVANT NOTE:

All debaters who are in the MODEL UNITED NATIONS:

I WILL be at the UMMUN conference this year and hopefully be the India or Pakistan delegate to SPECPOL. I will be basing my resolution on the plan text from my IndoPak 1AC. Thanks.

both of these topics suck really bad... i dont know what to vote for... im leaning to civil liberties b/c i dont want to talk about the last 2 elections and how much i hated them...

OK, I've stated my support for fedelect. There are several possible cases. Good. I like gerrymandering. I also find the idea for multiparty (as opposed to two-party) system interesting, but there are some problems with what to fiat...I'll get back with you later.

I agree with the problem with multi-party plans... what in the world do you fiat? Well... Congress passes such a bill destroying requirements for parties, and destroying the rquirement for a majority vote, and turn to proportional representation, i.e. 26% of a state votes green, (Assuming another 60% vote Dem, and another 14% vote Republicans, and assuming that they have enough people) approximately a quarter of their reps will automatically be Green Party, 4/5's would be democrats and about a sixth would be republicans... no more districts and all. For Senators, the process would be that the entire nation votes, and those senators, don't represent states, but rather represent the nation in a parliamentary system. Unconstitutional you say? We fiat the Supreme Court Never to Overturn! MWA HA HA HA HA!

Pull through Our Arguments (LockesDonkey and I) on why Civlib Should be rejected and why Fed-Elect Rules, in comparison.

Brown Love.

I think the aff can get more ground than just we step on someone's toes. Just as LockesDonkey used US cred key to US heg and then threw in Khalizad '95 I think the same arguements can be made w/ CivLib.

Patriot act kills US cred or Guantamno Bay incidents are killing cred

Then just throw in the same arguments: cred key to heg, heg key to preventing nuclear war.

That just feeds into the fact that FedElect can access all of the CivLib aff Impacts plus more.

And I hate cases that exist not to correct a harm, but rather to something not at all related to the case... i.e. UN Dues with only multilat advantages.

By the way, Federal Elections is much simpler to get links to cred.

GTMO stopped killing cred a while ago... People are still laughing at our elections system. Largely the aff would go for a kritikal argument and turn the DA if anything.

Oh and the other reasons why Fedelect is good/Civlib is bad still apply.. gotta extend there...

Yeah, so civil liberties sucks. I'm gonna want to kill myself when I come back to judge next year. *shrugs* Sorry kids who aren't graduating.

This thread is dead. The fight is over. Now, before my allies start complaining:

DON'T WHINE ABOUT SOMETHING YOU CAN'T CHANGE!!!!

Just debate the topic and live withit.