Blade66609

Horrible albums by (usually) good bands

Green was okay. After Pinkerton, all Weezer albums successively decline in quality.

And Magical Mystery Tour isn't that bad, come on guys

eliott smith, XO

i like this album quite a bit.

• Upvote 1

Digital Ash in a Digital Urn-- Bright Eyes (when compared to I'm Wide Awake and It's Morning, the other album released in 2005, it blows)

Hail to the Theif by Radiohead

First Impressions of Earth by The Strokes

Cartel by Cartel

i also agree with TLF and Startop, XO is a work of art

• Upvote 2

Hail to the Thief isnt that bad. Backdrifts, where I end and you begin, myxomatosis, and Wolf at the Door are all pretty stellar.

Thanks for the rep.

• Upvote 1

Hail to the Thief isnt that bad. Backdrifts, where I end and you begin, myxomatosis, and Wolf at the Door are all pretty stellar.

Thanks for the rep.

I think that it isnt up to the same level that OK Computer is at or even In Rainbows

I think that it isnt up to the same level that OK Computer is at or even In Rainbows

I still don't think that qualifies it as a 'horrible album.' For example' date=' Nas never made another album up to par with his debut, [i']Illmatic[/i], but that doesn't mean the rest of his catalog is unlistenable or whatever. Just my two.

well, obviously its not as good as OK Computer. If thats your standard for a "horrible album" as the thread name implies, then you have a rediculously high standard for good music.

Every thread that has Radiohead in it always devolves into this. Pablo Honey is their worst album, by far.

For my contribution: System of a Down - Hynotize/Mesmerize

Everything up to that point was great or at least listenable (Steal This Album, looking at you) but this double album just seems like Serj is whacking off in my ear. I can just imagine the entire band sitting in a room going "Oh, yes, we are so ACTIVIST MAN! YEAH! Look at all that money!" while tweens buy the records and rage at their parents about taking advantage of the common person whilst screaming about the government.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Metallica- St. Anger

I agree, but i would include Load in this as well.

I would have to say:

• Children of Bodom- Blooddrunk. Just picked this up, not very impressed other than the title track.

• Cradle of Filth-Thornography

• Lamb of God-Sacrament

(ik im gonna get flamed just go for it idc).

• Sepultura- Roorback. This was their first album after they lost the Cavalera brothers. In other words, this is pure crap. All their subsequent albums were shit too, including Dante XXI.

• Pantera- everything after Vulgar Display of Power

• Steve Vai-Sound Theories. I'm usually a huge fan of Steve, and I like performances done with Orchestral elements (ie Dimmu Borgir's In Sorte Diaboli, and I guess Metallica's S&M had some good songs). But this just sounds like garbage. As gifted as old Stevie is...the sound quality is pure shit.

• Primus-Tales from the Punchbowl. I like the originality of Primus enough to include them on my ipod which is almost exclusively metal. But the only worthwhile song on here is ironically their most famous- Wynona's Big Brown Beaver. Go figure...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

:( Reload is my favorite Metallica album.

Oops. I meant Load. I like reload too. Load didnt really have songs i could latch on to...Reload however was alright. It wasnt Master of Puppets or ...And Justice for All quality but it was still good.

Oops. I meant Load. I like reload too. Load didnt really have songs i could latch on to...Reload however was alright. It wasnt Master of Puppets or ...And Justice for All quality but it was still good.

I like king nothing a lot personally, however i'd agree with you...it's not up to par with their other stuff (regardless of your taste or distaste for metallica)

• Upvote 1

For my contribution: System of a Down - Hynotize/Mesmerize

Everything up to that point was great or at least listenable (Steal This Album, looking at you) but this double album just seems like Serj is whacking off in my ear. I can just imagine the entire band sitting in a room going "Oh, yes, we are so ACTIVIST MAN! YEAH! Look at all that money!" while tweens buy the records and rage at their parents about taking advantage of the common person whilst screaming about the government.

Have you even heard any other SOAD albums? They have always been political. And hypnotize/mesmerize is a good album.

Have you even heard any other SOAD albums? They have always been political. And hypnotize/mesmerize is a good album.

You don't really understand what I am saying. I think that their earlier albums were actually relevant while not pandering to the "fuck your parents" attitude of young adults and teens. Furthermore, I think that the music and writing has gone really far downhill after Toxicity. I'm not critical of the "political" aspect of SoaD but rather of the impotence that it now carries.

You don't really understand what I am saying. I think that their earlier albums were actually relevant while not pandering to the "fuck your parents" attitude of young adults and teens. Furthermore, I think that the music and writing has gone really far downhill after Toxicity. I'm not critical of the "political" aspect of SoaD but rather of the impotence that it now carries.

QFT

children of bodom and cradle of filth are both horrible bands and you should be ashamed of yourself

I have my opinion, you have yours. Trying to force yours on me will get you nowhere. Tell it to somebody who cares about what you think.

I also agree with Renegades by RAtM. But keep in mind its an all cover album (at least I think so...).

more additions-

Anthrax- Everything after Persistence of Time

Iron Maiden-Whatever the hell their newest album is.

Queensryche-Everything after Promised Land except Mindcrime 2

Dimmu Borgir- Godless Savage Garden

• Downvote 1

Y'know, I actually don't mind Maiden's new stuff. They don't have any outstanding songs (whereas Dance of Death, which was pretty mediocre, had gems in Pascendale and the title track), but I like the album as a whole.

i only like renegades of funk because i like most of the tracks when they were done originally. it's entirely a cover album, which a lot of people don't know.

i liked old metallica when they were a thrash band. pretty much everything else is terrible.

public enemy -- new whirl odor. or revolverlution.

to be fair, for pablo honey they were trying a new style. it wasn't a "radiohead" album per se. think of it more like a side project by all the members under the same title. it's really not that bad in a non-radiohead universe.

beta band -- from heroes to zeroes.