Blade66609

Horrible albums by (usually) good bands

I am so sick and tired of previously good bands selling out or just sucking. Heres my list of the worst of the best.

St. Anger - Metallica

Issues - Korn*

Damnation and a Day - Cradle of Filth*

Scream Aim Fire - Bullet for my Valentine

Avenged Sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold

Vol. 3: The Subliminal Verses - Slipknot

Lost and Found - Mudvayne

Lovehatetragedy - Papa Roach*

Savior Sorrow - Mushroomhead

Meteora - Linkin Park*

Liberate - Disturbed*

Eat Me, Drink Me - Marylin Manson

Dark Passion Play - Nightwish

Feel free to add yours, but lets not have this thread degenerate into 1) your music suxors! 2) What does it mean to "sell out?" or 3) They didn't sell out, moron!

If you have something insightful to say besides just listing bands, then by all means, but please don't troll.

* And all subsequent albums.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

what is usually good about this?

all of these bands are normally horrible. these albums are probably worse, but i cant say ive given them all a listen. nor do i need to.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Bob Dylan - Down in the Groove

The Grateful Dead - Go to Heaven (who am I kidding-- almost any of their studio albums)

Neil Young - Trans

The Rolling Stones - any album after Some Girls

Matt

• Upvote 1

i think i should reiterate a large gap between the thread title and the OP and other post content.

in order for a normally good band to produce a bad album, although this seems tautological, the band must normally be good.

this korn shit doesn't cut it. it barely qualifies as music.

(mld gets it)

• Upvote 1

i think i should reiterate a large gap between the thread title and the OP and other post content.

in order for a normally good band to produce a bad album, although this seems tautological, the band must normally be good.

this korn shit doesn't cut it. it barely qualifies as music.

(mld gets it)

The thread isn't about what you qualify as good music or your insignificant opinion of someone elses musical tastes. It's about what bands you thing are good, and whether or not those bands have produced records that were not up to par.

• Downvote 1

although i really disagree with some of the albums mentioned by blade (and the asterisks associated with them)

i think all the other ones are quote worthy

RATM- Renegades of Funk

do debut albums count under this thread? that would seem counter to the intention of a well established artist releasing a dud

The thread isn't about what you qualify as good music or your insignificant opinion of someone elses musical tastes. It's about what bands you thing are good, and whether or not those bands have produced records that were not up to par.

perhaps this thread would be even remotely interesting if the people posting had any taste what so ever.

but, alas, its the same tired, boring shit.

• Downvote 1

If the obvious answer to this question isn't "Magical Mystery Tour," then all the world should know - and be warned - about it.

• Downvote 1

If the obvious answer to this question isn't "Magical Mystery Tour," then all the world should know - and be warned - about it.

But it's "got everything you need," and, "Satisfaction's guaranteed."

Actually I would have chosen Yellow Submarine were I picking a bad/mediocre Beatles album (although I'm oddly fond of "Hey Bulldog"). Any album with "Baby You're a Rich Man" and "Strawberry Fields Forever" on it is ok by me.

Matt

perhaps this thread would be even remotely interesting if the people posting had any taste what so ever.

but, alas, its the same tired, boring shit.

Forgive us all for not having the same, eloquent musical taste as you.

I think the thread would be more interesting without you in it.

• Downvote 2

Fall Out Boy - Infinity On High

...not that FOB is usually good or anything...it's just that this one hurt my ears even more than the others. I had hoped that they would mature over time and turn out to be a decent band, but that obviously didn't happen.

Examples by bands that actually don't suck (because the thread creator hasn't posted any yet)

Led Zeppelin - In Through the Out Door

The Beatles - Yellow Submarine (Magical Mystery Tour was enjoyable at worst)

Dream Theater - Train of Thought, Systematic Chaos

Incubus - Light Grenades

Jay-Z - Kingdom Come

The Mars Volta - everything after Deloused in the Comatorium

Our Lady Peace - Gravity

Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream

• Downvote 1

appetite for destruction - guns 'n roses

...just kidding. they're not a (usually) good band.

p.s. EVERY FALL OUT BOY ALBUM IS THE FUCKING SHIT.

• Downvote 1

appetite for destruction - guns 'n roses

...just kidding. they're not a (usually) good band.

I like how you still picked their best album

p.s. EVERY FALL OUT BOY ALBUM IS THE FUCKING SHIT.

joke post

Actually I would have chosen Yellow Submarine were I picking a bad/mediocre Beatles album (although I'm oddly fond of "Hey Bulldog").

Matt

Is Yellow Submarine actually a Beatles album? Most of it isn't even by the Beatles. (BTW: You're not odd: "Hey Bulldog" is a classic... then again, I loved "Tomorrow Never Knows.")

I think Magical Misery Tour has to be viewed in context: it was preceded by three great albums in a row - Rubber Soul, Revolver and Sergeant Pepper - plus it was used to promote one of the most godawful movies of all time (like an Ed Wood production on acid) - and, in the spirit of this thread, it constituted a pure commercial "sellout" as a cheap exploitation of Pepper's success. (Coincidentally, its being released just in time to coincide with the Tet offensive didn't help, either.)

Robbin' the Hood - Sublime

Granted, they only "released" three albums, but the other two were fuckin' amazing.

Granted Robbin' the Hood was Sublime's sloppiest album. But, there's a lot of gold on that record too. Cisco Kid, Boss DJ, Freeway Time in LA County, Steppin' Razor, and Greatest Hits to name a few. I don't think you could say it's a "horrible" album. Hastily compiled without much continuity, yes though.

I would add:

Crystal Method - Tweekend (can you guess what the problem might have been?)

G Love - Lemonade (with a few exceptions. See: songs featuring other artists.)

Weezer - Make Believe and dare I say Green? I'd say there is a sum of about four good tunes between the two of them. Although I'll admit "Beverly Hills" is catchy if you're drunk enough.

That's all I've got for now.

the sex pistols had all sorts of horrible crap.

the vandals country album was pretty horrible too. and anything they did that wasn't in the 1990s.

Saosin - Saosin

The Ataris - So Long Astoria/ Welcome the Night

Saves the Day - In Reverie and everything since.

Bright Eyes - Digital Ash