Sign in to follow this  
squirrelweirdo12

Congress Ups!

Ok, its important that for congress we put the right people to nationals.

In the Senate, I ask for the community's support for Forrest Brown. This kid is a sophomore and already much better than I was then. I mean, I don't think there's even another debater in the state with so much raw talent. He works really really hard, cuts a lot of cards, and is real cute and shit. He deserves to go.

In the House, vote for Laura Ransin. Laura worked really hard to jump from LD to being Saw Rowland's partner. She had pretty large shoes to fill, after Will Pearson found important things to do (like LD). She saw massive improvement in policy, and generally did well in extemp and debate. She cares a lot about the program, and deserves a spot to nationals as well.

Since so much of Congress is about rallying the votes, I'm putting all the political capital I can muster for these people. Feel free to post about the sweet people from your school too.

From my school(marshfield) I would defintly say that Jacob Poole is very deserving. He's going in the House. He's really good at extemp and at debate.

• Downvote 1

On the off chance you don't like one of these people, I figure we'd submit our top two.

Senate:

For Parkview, we'd really like to see Senior Jaimie Wirsig, shes our top, she got 4th at nats in puf last year and this year didn't qual even in DX or PuF. Her life revolves around the activity, and WillyG and I would love to see her play.

Matt Price is our other entry, someone who is an amazing extemper and has gotten screwed in cx this whole year.

House:

We would love Aaron 'Doucey" Doucette go, he's pretty sweet, only problem, he takes it seriously

ouch

Second is Waldo, yes Jacob Walden

He's extremely good in congress, and an extremely hard worker (lulzor)

Sorry mine aren't as eloquent as Nick's

EDIT:

We need to get mr. Cann in there along with fofo and laura

• Upvote 1

im pretty sure forrest is one of the most deserving people to go to nationals

and i'd hate to see joel go alone to vegas

so im up for BMFC to go as well

In the senate Leandra Patochek. she is really good at extemp and policy and she deserves to go to NATIONALS.

In the house megan morrison she is only a freshman and she is great at congress. (=

In the senate Leandra Patochek. she is really good at extemp and policy and she deserves to go to NATIONALS.

Is that the girl that danced at districts with the little glow light finger rings?

If so, Ace

Is that the girl that danced at districts with the little glow light finger rings?

If so, Ace

No that was not me...that was one of our really odd, for lack of a better word, seniors.

i think we should all use bigger font sizes...

VOTE FOR BMFC!

and for those not in the know...that's brynden cann to you!

Voting for BMFC is pretty much number one priority. Forrest and Laura is also a good call.

Also, Matt Price def. deserves the up so watch out for that

1)Dear Fobo and Benny S,

Reppin out da 20ten playasssss....

BCam

2)Dear Evan, Laura, Nicky Norton, and Nick Henderson

Congrats big playazzzzz, yall deserve it.

Bcam

Thanks to everyone in the senate for helping send Nick and FO FO to nats and those in the house for sending Laura and Evan all four of these people are hard workers and deserve this oppurtunity. There were people in both chambers that I was upset weren't on the ballot but there is nothing we could do about that and I know Brynden appreciates your support even though you didn't have the oppurtunity to vote for him.

So what exactly were the final results, anyway?

Senate:

Nick Norton - Nixa

Forrest Brown - SPC

House:

Laura Ransin - SPC

Evan Dorshorst - SPC

Nick Henderson - SPC

Ben Shantz - Glendale

1st alternate- Aaron Doucette

Congrats to Central on the good showing