Dheady

ROCK CHALK

Those bother me.

Starting the party early is an invitation to the gods to strike you down for your hubris. They've done it to us twice. I don't know if I can handle a third.

Those bother me.

Starting the party early is an invitation to the gods to strike you down for your hubris. They've done it to us twice. I don't know if I can handle a third.

We did that too in 1988...we still won then...I would prefer to believe that God does not plan His day around my sports agenda.

After losing my voice, pissing my pants, and screaming over the last 60 minutes, I'm finally satisfied.

I get to see them play April 20th at my school.

Fucking awesome!

Tonight in Lawrence, people will sleep in trees.

Mass Street is going to be loco.

I can't believe i just saw them come back to win.

now y'all can forget about that hakim warrick blocked shot!

seriously though, if any kansas team [or coach] in my lifetime deserved a title it's this one.

also fun to see cal lose.

now y'all can forget about that hakim warrick blocked shot!

seriously though, if any kansas team [or coach] in my lifetime deserved a title it's this one.

also fun to see cal lose.

Not true. The 1997 team deserved a championship.

Needless to say, I enjoyed the win. Thought KU was going to break my heart yet again. Had to skip classes today to recover and catch up on homework.

In the Associated Press account of the game that appeared in the Omaha World-Herald (and, of course, in hundreds of other papers around the country), the following was the second sentence: "Mario Chalmers hit a 3-pointer with 2.1 seconds left in regulation to push the game into overtime, and the Jayhawks grinded it out from there for a 75-68 victory Monday night over Memphis in one of the best title games in recent memory." Ouch. I suspect the AP writer is a KU grad... ;)

That was a fantastic win over Memphis last night. But I will admit if it weren't for Dorsey having fouled out and Rose slightly injuring himself at the end of the 2nd half last night's story might have been a little different. Congratulations to the KU team for an amazing win.

Mass Street is going to be loco.

Mass was crazy. You could actually hear people there from the Fieldhouse. I watched the game at Allen. My ears were ringing when I left, and I can't talk today. Epic win. Rock Chalk.

In the Associated Press account of the game that appeared in the Omaha World-Herald (and, of course, in hundreds of other papers around the country), the following was the second sentence: "Mario Chalmers hit a 3-pointer with 2.1 seconds left in regulation to push the game into overtime, and the Jayhawks grinded it out from there for a 75-68 victory Monday night over Memphis in one of the best title games in recent memory." Ouch. I suspect the AP writer is a KU grad... ;)

Oh I don't know about that Billy (I pump for the ACC only) Packer and friends were saying similar things.

billy packer said several stupid things, all of which were noted by yours truly on thecrossedpond's live game blog as well as cbssportsline's glog.

So how many of you are still ecstatic over the win from last night?

By the way, the game is already on ESPN Classic. I'm watching it now, and I'm sure I will be watching it again as the years go on. Amazing game.

Oh I don't know about that Billy (I pump for the ACC only) Packer and friends were saying similar things.
No, I mean the phrase itself. The correct expression would be "ground it out," not "grinded it out..." ;)

In a move that's sure to be seen as controversial, Hillary has contacted the NCAA Board of Directors to argue that Memphis is actually better qualified to be National Champion.

Ms. Clinton stated that Memphis, while losing the game, had actually shown more ability to act like a National Champion on Day One. She argued that Memphis had passed every test during the game, including scoring more points than Kansas for 38 minutes. For 38 minutes they had shown the experience necessary to be National Champion. "Just because some team comes along in the last minute and scores more points than the other guy doesn't mean they're necessarily able to be National Champion on Day One."

Ms. Clinton further stated that Memphis should've won the game had Derrick Rose's second half three pointer been allowed to count. Instead, it was ruled a two after review by the officials. His foot was clearly inside the line. Memphis coach John Calipari said he would ask that the rule allowing monitor review of shots be changed after this season. Hillary said she seconded that, and pointed out had Memphis been allowed to count a three that wasn't really a three they would've won. "It doesn't matter what the rules of the game are before it starts. What matters is how we change the rules after the game so we can have the winner we want."

• Upvote 2

Why's she doing this? The Tennessee primary is already over.

So we shouldn't fix incorrect rulings, nor should we pick the team that wins? We should just pick the team that was winning for an indefinite amount of time at the digression of Ms. Clinton. Of course. That makes sense.

(To whoever neg repped me: This is sarcasm, too. ._.)

Edited by THodgman
  • Downvote 1

Why's she doing this? The Tennessee primary is already over.

So we shouldn't fix incorrect rulings, nor should we pick the team that wins? We should just pick the team that was winning for an indefinite amount of time at the digression of Ms. Clinton. Of course. That makes sense.

...Really?