abc

NDT 2008

SCL...Harvard and Berkely are open tournaments...my vision of a CEDA like high school tourney would involve an organization like CEDA being formed at the high school level and then having that tourney opened to the member schools of that organization. Not every school would join the organization - not every school joins NFL, NCFL, NDCA or goes the route of the TOC - neither, do i think that everone would join my hypothetical organization..we'd probably end up with just under 200 teams or so I would think.

Nipping this in the bud:

Can these discussions be split into a different thread, leaving this one for more update-esque posts?

Thanks.

(15) Dartmouth KO v. (10) Kansas BJ

Are the sides in this round locked, I thought they may have debated each other in prelims?

anyone know the ballot count for this? I bet it was a close round

Was a 4-1. Don't know panel though.

I just got out of my apartment, a deadly combo of sleep and tornado sirens going off all day.

eDebate has this as the speakers awards, but it comes as unofficial:

SPEARKER AWARDS

1. Osborn, Missouri State

2. Hoehn, Emory

3. Bricker, Kansas

4. Magallon, CSU-Fullerton

5. Rebrovick, Harvard

6. Lundeen, West Georgia

7. Weil, Emory

8. Jennings, Kansas

9. Murray, Harvard

10. Gannon, Wake Forest

11. Warden, Northwestern

12. Cholera, North Texas

13. Kennan, Michigan

14. Shultz, West Georgia

15. Burshteyn, Cal-Berkeley

16. Thiele, Texas-Austin

17. Michael Mapes, Missouri State

18. Olsen, Dartmouth

19. Lamballe, Wake Forest

20. Fisher, Northwestern

Mo State OW hitting Emory HW. Hopefully Clay and Oz and pull it off. Quarters should be about over. I have to switch computers, then I'll get back to you.

Man, arguably the districts 4 best teams debating each other in the octas. that sucks...

I know, D3 is killing itself off. OU had knocked out a D3 team to get to outrounds.

• Upvote 1

Wow. More results please as they come. anyone know what happened in that round? (emory round)

HW read a new aff. Ozzie went for a Disad and a Counterplan. 3-2, Klinger, Johnson, Kall on top Hardy, Naveen on the bottom.

Guest fizelly27
HW read a new aff. Ozzie went for a Disad and a Counterplan. 3-2, Klinger, Johnson, Kall on top Hardy, Naveen on the bottom.

anything more specific on this?

(1) Emory HW v. (8) Mo State OW - 3-2

(4) UWG LS v. (5) Wake GL - 3-2 on T

(15) Dartmouth KO v. (10) Kansas BJ - 3-2

(3) Michigan FK v. (6) Northwestern FW - 3-2

Setting up these Semis debate

(8) MoSt OW v. (5) Wake GL

(3) Michigan FK v. (15) Dartmouth KO

Anyone else notice how edebate is (mostly) relying upon information here for updates?

Anyway, thanks so much for everyone's updates.

I saw my first NDT Rounds in 33 years yesterday and was impressed beyond belief. The quality of college NDT style competition is outstanding, at least in the rounds I was lucky enough to watch. I was exceptionally impressed with the teamwork and communication of the various squads in attendance and thought that the dedication of debater and coach, and the care taken by each of the judges I heard give oral critiques after the rounds I watched to make fair and correct decisions was everything it should be in a competitive activity at the highest levels of the college experience. If any of you are interested in debating in college, there are so many, many fine programs out there with a real bevy of concerned and intelligent coaches with whom you can work, and from whom you can learn.

Duane: There really is something of (not entirely, just something of) a cross-over between the TOC and the NDT as far as being at the tournament(s). Many of the same faces appear, but the level of intensity, quality of preparation along with the thrill of victory and the agonies of defeat provide some measure of parallels. Just looking at both of those trophies (first and second place) set on the stage in the announcement room, however, filled me with a sense of pride in the continuity of the NDT experience dating back to the mid 1940's at the US Military Academy in West Point.

My compliments to all the debaters and coaches who participated in this year's NDT, and especially to those who I was privileged and honored to observe during rounds 7,8 and Doubles. I wish I could have seen more and would encourage any of you who get the chance to see the NDT next year in Austin or the year after in Las Vegas to go and observe.

Now, back to the updates . . .

SEMIS AND SIDES

Michigan (Aff) vs Dartmouth (Neg)

Wake Forest (Aff) vs Missouri State (Neg)

• Downvote 1