Sign in to follow this  
I<3topicality

Consultation popular

anyone have cards saying that consulting ___ is popular? I have consult unpop but would be great if someone had the converse

thanks in advance :]

I'm afraid youre going to be hard pressed to find that evidence dude. Most of the ev does the other way. Although maybe if you were a little bit more specific on the question of what country youre planning on consulting i can help you.

Well, popular in what sense? Like world popularity or like domestic popularity?

Thanks for the prompt response.

I meant that consultation gives bush political capital, so a politics scenario could also be a net ben with the cp.

• Downvote 1

Generally I think the flow on consult takes so much time to win normally with all the theory, perms, and actual substantive debate that you should really only go with a net benefit specific to the CP. It can muddy an already muddy debate to try to link a politics scenario off of consult, in my opinion.

Generally I think the flow on consult takes so much time to win normally with all the theory, perms, and actual substantive debate that you should really only go with a net benefit specific to the CP. It can muddy an already muddy debate to try to link a politics scenario off of consult, in my opinion.

Yeah, and it gives him popularity in the country he consults cause we all feel good.

http://www.planetdebate.com/evidence_details.asp?I=24283&IP=24279&IN=Disadvantages&INP=Africa&IC=True&Section_ID=21811&Sub_Section_ID=12071&Sub_Section2_Id=14583

If you have a subscription, card 29 is what you need

yea idk maybe a 2nr with nato + politics is impossible. I just think the relations net benefit is silly sometimes so I would drop that and only take nato as a counterplan without its original net benefit, and go for it with politics

Then again, I can use that link turn as aff against consultation.

yea idk maybe a 2nr with nato + politics is impossible. I just think the relations net benefit is silly sometimes so I would drop that and only take nato as a counterplan without its original net benefit' date=' and go for it with politics

Then again, I can use that link turn as aff against consultation.[/quote']

perm do both probably solves if there is no relations net benefit answer to that perm. You'd be better served going for another country does the plan...its more legit and just avoids the disad, not solves it.

perm do both probably solves if there is no relations net benefit answer to that perm. You'd be better served going for another country does the plan...its more legit and just avoids the disad, not solves it.

hmm I don't see why competition is not derived off of the net benefit though? If I win plan is unpopular without consulting, but consultation is popular among congress, then cp avoids the net benefit. Its not like its artificially competitive.

First, competition is ALWAYS derived from the net benefit, as well as superior solvency. I think that the politics net ben is kinda weak, unless you have something running with it, like a bunch of unilateralism turns (e.g. unipolar world means nukes, etc.), maybe another disad. The problem with consulting is that there are very few disads you can roll with

First, competition is ALWAYS derived from the net benefit, as well as superior solvency. I think that the politics net ben is kinda weak, unless you have something running with it, like a bunch of unilateralism turns (e.g. unipolar world means nukes, etc.), maybe another disad. The problem with consulting is that there are very few disads you can roll with

No. A CP is competitive if it is; non-topical, mutually exclusive, and (at the very least) through net benefits. Solvency is never a means of competition (or at least not a very good gauge), considering you can't say 'We solve better than them'. The aff gets 100% solvency and the CP has 100% solvency, unless one team says otherwise. Still, when both teams make these arguments, how can one team say, 'Well, we solve 75% while they only solve 45%.' It is, at the very most, quite a messy way of competing.

First, competition is ALWAYS derived from the net benefit,

Not in the case of mutually exclusive counterplans, process counterplans (that means consult), etc.

as well as superior solvency.

No.

No. A CP is competitive if it is; non-topical, mutually exclusive, and (at the very least) through net benefits. Solvency is never a means of competition (or at least not a very good gauge), considering you can't say 'We solve better than them'. The aff gets 100% solvency and the CP has 100% solvency, unless one team says otherwise. Still, when both teams make these arguments, how can one team say, 'Well, we solve 75% while they only solve 45%.' It is, at the very most, quite a messy way of competing.

lol, counterplans dont need to be non topical

Agreed, defense or solving "better" is not a reason something is competitive. But if case doesnt solve 100 percent because of a case turn that the cp pics out of, its competitive.

Zavell is right. Go look over your blocks to the lie perm and tell me if you can win without a relations impact in the debate. You can't win that it's not popular in Congress also

Zavell is right. Go look over your blocks to the lie perm and tell me if you can win without a relations impact in the debate. You can't win that it's not popular in Congress also

yep, you wont have any comparative shit that says "consultation (over any issue even stuff that would be unpopular alone like aid) is popular". even if you did, i doubt that is specific enough to be descriptive of only the CP and not have the perm to both consult on the plan and not an identical plan access it.

At worst the perm is a popular and a not popular thing happening at the same time, canceling out to nothing. Even if you win that the perm is not net popular, you probably wont be able to definitively win that it is net unpopular either.