Sign in to follow this  
HxC Forensics

CHSSA Rules

Are funny as hell. Just realized that "road maps are not aloud and should be counted as speech time"

Btw, does anyone know if it states "no props" in the chssa by laws or anywhere else for that matter? Or is that rule non-existent?

Yah, i have the Url and all of the bylaws saved onto my hard drive, but no where could i find a rule that states that "props may not be used in round". But ironically, our league insists that the rule is there. The nature of my post was to find, if anywhere, the reference to props in either the CHSSA bylaws, or the NFL bylaws.

Tell that to chssa and our league who insists that there is. And we lost rounds because of those rules. Plus made up ones like "k's rnt aloud", but yah.

1: there definately is a CHSSA rule against laptops - look at your state quals ballets.

2: CHSSA doesn't specifically forbid any type of argument. The closest it does is recommend a stock issues or policy maker paradigm to judges.

i was thinking more along the lines of playing music with an ipod.

At State? You want to lose, right? State isn't for everyone. It's for people who see the value in judge adaptation. If you don't, either stay home or don't complain when your judges freak out because you start playing music in the round. These are mostly parents and comm students who have just the judging instructions to guide them.

Be smart and debate smart. People who do that usually end up doing pretty well.

The national rules do not prohibit nontraditional style debate. I am sure your state rules do not necessarily prohibit it either.

The thesis of the argument is essentially that you are willing to lose a debate round, as you're a crusader. You of course would prefer to get the ballot, but thats not the most important thing, rather you want to spread real education and meaning and whatever else. To win any ballot in a nontraditional sense, no matter who the judge is, you really have to do a lot of work to persuade them. I can honestly say you will be fighting an uphill battle, and I am not even from your district. I suppose I would discourage it, especially if you actually have a good shot at making it. But, like, if you're out anyways... why not have some fun? But make sure you consult your coaches, you probably don't want anybody getting upset at you.

The national rules do not prohibit nontraditional style debate. I am sure your state rules do not necessarily prohibit it either.

The thesis of the argument is essentially that you are willing to lose a debate round, as you're a crusader. You of course would prefer to get the ballot, but thats not the most important thing, rather you want to spread real education and meaning and whatever else. To win any ballot in a nontraditional sense, no matter who the judge is, you really have to do a lot of work to persuade them. I can honestly say you will be fighting an uphill battle, and I am not even from your district. I suppose I would discourage it, especially if you actually have a good shot at making it. But, like, if you're out anyways... why not have some fun? But make sure you consult your coaches, you probably don't want anybody getting upset at you.

Thanks for the amazing post audit, seriously. =D (positive rep)

But since, it would be in an out round (meaning we would already have a guarenteed qual spot) we would just be doing it to do exactly what you said, to educate. So the ballot doesnt really matter too much in the usual sense.