Sign in to follow this  
mrfreezer

Consult NATO

Can any one give me some pointers as to running Consult NATO on the Neg? Are there any tricks or args that i should run with it? And, i desperately need a card that says NATO will say yes to African aid...anyone have any ideas where i can find that? (besides camp files that is)...THANKS in advance

You need to be a bit more specific. What are you having trouble with? The perm debate? The theory? The substantive debate?

The camp file put out by Michigan 7 Week from this past summer is about as good as you'll need for generic "NATO says yes to aid" cards (it covers every country in NATO, too).

You should cut your own stuff if you're looking for specific "NATO says yes to X" evidence.

The only overriding note I'm going to make is that you have to admit to yourself that the counterplan is purely a debate position and in no way is how the real world functions. We have never given up our sovereignty to NATO, nor will we...once you realize it's an exploitation of the way counterplans work, you can start digging yourself out of the theoretical and logical hole that NATO begins in.

• Upvote 1

To complement what Neurotic_Mastermind said -

The main problem with running Consult NATO on this years topic is that NATO really doesn't have anything to do with PHA in SSA. Thus, with the exception of cases like MEDFLAGS or genocide relief, you're not going to find any (specific) "NATO likes Foreign Aid to Africa" since, frankly, no such evidence exists.

Additionally, you'll be hard pressed to win your net-benefit, since there's zero evidence explaining how consulting on foreign aid is key to the alliance.

To complement what Neurotic_Mastermind said -

The main problem with running Consult NATO on this years topic is that NATO really doesn't have anything to do with PHA in SSA. Thus, with the exception of cases like MEDFLAGS or genocide relief, you're not going to find any (specific) "NATO likes Foreign Aid to Africa" since, frankly, no such evidence exists.

Additionally, you'll be hard pressed to win your net-benefit, since there's zero evidence explaining how consulting on foreign aid is key to the alliance.

On the contrary, consulting NATO isn't really relevent to any resolution, but it makes slightly more sense this year than, say, on civil liberties or

national service.

And, actually, there's quite a lot of evidence on the stuff that you're mentioning. It's not neccessarily good, but it's there.