ThinkOutsideTheBallot

[Aff] Zero Point Energy

if i were you, i would defer to the resident physicist (tomak) on this one.

I wouldn't advise a ZPE aff.

I ran it for the first half of this season. . .and lost every single round.

But that may just have been because i didn't know what topicality was.

ZPE is BAD ASS ! I cut a 1AC and a CP out of it and its straight gangsta!

The catch is if u deal with a lot of lay judges your screwed because lays only vote for shit that is easy like wind power or nuke power. If you have to explain something to a lay while the NEG just says ur full of it this equals u getting a LOSS! BUT the 1AC and the CP are undefeated when judged by Flow judges because once you explain how its viable all the NEG can say is your authors are crazy in which you just read a bunch of Solvency from different ppl or that ZPE can never happen and then u read Hathway in 07' and point out that its already been produced on a small scale !!!

ZPE = Single Best Case EVER

Zero Point energy is about as useful for creating useable electricity as Gravity. The primary issue is even in the initial steel-plate-vacum test, one was required to do work on the medium (the plates, in this instance) that far exceeded any useable electricity generated. The output is so tiny from Zero Point that it isn't even worth taking your hand and placing a plate down.

So yeah, it's free energy. So is gravity. But it's not infinitely useable. Just like a ball will eventually hit the ground and have to be lifted up again before it convert more energy, so to do these plates have to be repositioned every time the useful radiation energy is extracted from between them.

Fail-theories fail at science.

ZPE is BAD ASS ! I cut a 1AC and a CP out of it and its straight gangsta!

The catch is if u deal with a lot of lay judges your screwed because lays only vote for shit that is easy like wind power or nuke power. If you have to explain something to a lay while the NEG just says ur full of it this equals u getting a LOSS! BUT the 1AC and the CP are undefeated when judged by Flow judges because once you explain how its viable all the NEG can say is your authors are crazy in which you just read a bunch of Solvency from different ppl or that ZPE can never happen and then u read Hathway in 07' and point out that its already been produced on a small scale !!!

ZPE = Single Best Case EVER

Until you hit a team that knows science and can explain WHY Mr. Tambly is a complete crackpot. One should cut his spirit of maat article in order to use it as an indict of his credentials. Even half of his language makes him sound like a freak. Then right below it, explain why the Aff has never heard of science, and introduce them to science. Maybe the Aff can make nice friends with science and go have dinner at a fancy resteraunt and see a movie.

If your going to run it, run it with the conspiracy