Kel

CAMP 2008

yeah congrats Dakota. I actually would have been very surprised if you weren't selected.

thanks

i'll be going to fellows with mahjeed and zavell

i'll probably go to GDI scholars afterwards.

i'll be going with zavell

DAKOTA CAMACHO + ALEX ZAVELL = two of my [least and most (edit: not respectively but just in general)] favorite people

this lab = bomb.com/hottie

• Downvote 1

DAKOTA CAMACHO + ALEX ZAVELL = two of my [least and most (edit: not respectively but just in general)] favorite people

this lab = bomb.com/hottie

BEST CHANGE THAT BACK TO RESPECTIVELY

watch yo self kayla janyk.

i havent decided on after fellows, either last 4 weeks of 7 week or NU

BEST CHANGE THAT BACK TO RESPECTIVELY

watch yo self kayla janyk.

ouch.

WNDI 3-Week

ATTN: Pacific

You all should attend the Whitman National Debate Institute. It is fun, the food is great, and the staff is stellar (most of which come from your areas)

A couple of specific args:

A2: 'not a national circuit focus'

-not true, thinking about it, most TOC bid reciepients from the PNW in recent years attended the WNDI (Sam Allen, Allen Jackson, Ross R, even Dakota and Danny Mapes (non-pnw) last year. The staff is filled with first round debaters/ ndt qualifiers: Aimi Hamraie, Paul Montrieul, Matt Schissler, Ross Riechendiefer, etc.

A2: 'I want more practice debates'

WNDI gives you them. With a 6-1 student staff ratio, this camp offers the most amount of skills time that I've ever seen. It is literally drills, debating, and re-do's a lot of the time.

A2: 'It's expensive'

Not really, the WNDI is the most bang for your buck in terms of value. You get bbq's/picnics catered, a decent meal plan, solid dorm rooms, and the most intensive camp experience around. You have the ability to do whatever you want in terms of national success with this regional opportunity. The website also lists the possiblity of need based scholarships.

A2: 'What free time is avail?"

We work hard during the day. You all get evenings and weekend opportunities to hang out. Listen, going to camp should be a learning experience and an opportunity to advance yourself, but this camp isn't a 20-23 hour day in a dungeon, it mixes work and play :)

I couldn't think of any other common objections/questions, because I think that this camp has such a positive reputation. However, if there are any, I'd be more than willing to answer anything you throw at me. I really think that this camp provides a learning space that is uncomparable. I have seen it first hand, as a H.S. student (my partner went to the WNDI after his sophomore year and came back on fire, and TONS better), as a coach, (I've sent my kids to the WNDI with the same result) and as a lab leader (I watched my kids last year go from reading 5-8 pages of full text in 8 minutes to 12-20) So, I'm done with the plug, but it means a lot to me.

Thanks,

Tony Johnson

Wyoming Debate

Everyone should rethink their camp selection- the wndi is the best deal around. Tony said it all-PM if you have more questions.

-Paul

Everyone should rethink their camp selection- the wndi is the best deal around. Tony said it all-PM if you have more questions.

-Paul

The WNDI is the latest camp in the summer, so you could also add a camp.

and, not everyone has decided...tell kids on your squad.

ATTN: Pacific

A2: 'What free time is avail?"

We work hard during the day. You all get evenings and weekend opportunities to hang out. Listen, going to camp should be a learning experience and an opportunity to advance yourself, but this camp isn't a 20-23 hour day in a dungeon, it mixes work and play :)

and.... IF you are creative enough like me and if Jim likes you enough you can ask him to have freakin amazin dance parties in the basement. it was a regular occurence last year and the best was my birthday party where music played all night long and we had ice cream cake, cake cake, and root beer floats. basically, if you want to, you can make the most of your free time. i can't remember any time at the WNDI that i wasn't having fun