Creek

Kent

Mullen

Overland

Smokey hill

Douglas county

Littleton

Arapahoe

Our coach said there is going to be around 26 teams: so who all is going?

Littleton will have 2 teams

Merrick/Jacob

Dalton/ Ste. Marie

this district has:

Our coach said there is going to be around 26 teams: so who all is going?

26 teams! Weren't there fewer than twenty last year? That's only 4 away from qualifying 3 to nationals. It's also only 5 less than the number of expected PF teams.

Considering the schools in our district I'd think we'd only have 16 (4 each from Creek and Kent, and 2 each from Arapahoe, Smokey, Littleton, and Overland) Does anyone know where the other 10 have popped out from? Or was that just a typo Ian?

• Upvote 1

26 teams! Weren't there fewer than twenty last year? That's only 4 away from qualifying 3 to nationals. It's also only 5 less than the number of expected PF teams.

Considering the schools in our district I'd think we'd only have 16 (4 each from Creek and Kent, and 2 each from Arapahoe, Smokey, Littleton, and Overland) Does anyone know where the other 10 have popped out from? Or was that just a typo Ian?

my coach said 26 teams. i was thinking the same thing. i guess we will see.

If there really are 26 teams, you might try to convince your coach to talk to some non-cx school coach and see if they will enter a few fodder teams to reach the 3 qualifier mark.

No if 17 is the count 11 is the number for 2 bids to nationals, so you are well above that, but nowhere close to the 26 or 27 required for 3 bids.

Round 5:

Creek Abbas/Lind (Aff) d. Kent Daniels/Spafford (Neg) (Varney, LaRue, Becca)

both were undefeated prior.

Among the teams with one down:

Creek Greos/O'Brien d. Creek Khalafi/Takeda

Creek Hoth/Cromer d. Overland Sigaty/Ungerman

Creek Abbas/Lind (aff) d. Kent Daniels/Spafford (neg) (Varney, LaRue, Becca)

both were undefeated prior.

Just kidding. LaRue had judged Nick and Nameir prior, so Kent grieved. It looks like they'll have to re-run the round. [it would seem that N&N picked up Varney (probably after the first minute of the 1NC) and La Rue, while Becca chose J&J.]

I don't know if the grievance was ever filed (I don't think it was), but the round wasn't rerun. Creek AL d. Kent DS (Larue, Varney, *Borden)

Therefore, round six:

As all three remaining Creek teams had already debated Kent DS, one was chosen at random to debate. Creek AL was drawn.

Kent DS d. Creek AL

Creek HC d. Creek GO

That left Kent DS, Creek AL, and Creek HC. As all teams had one down, a bye was randomly selected. Kent DS received the bye and will go to nationals as Colorado District first qualifier.

Round seven:

Creek AL v. Creek HC

As of when I left, Nick, Nameir, Katie, and Katy were still deciding whether or not they would be running the round.

Congratulations to all teams, and special congratulations to Shayan Khalafi and Dustin Sigaty, the seniors who completed their illustrious high school careers this evening.

• Upvote 1

Congratulations Creek and Kent!!! And thanks to everyone for making potentially my last CO tournament really, really fun.

For those of you who didn't qualify, I hope you understand how many of you I have been incredibly impressed with over the past few years, being able to see teams improve over a span of a few years is kind of cool (for instance, we were discussing earlier in the year how I dropped Katy/ie pretty much every round I saw them freshman year, times have definitely changed since then). Nat quals can be the most frustrating tournament of the year because every year there are amazing teams that don't qualify. So, mad props to all the great teams and rounds I've gotten to see this entire year and for doing an awesome job representing CO.

becca

Yeah that down and out posting is like the hardest thing to take but great job to all qualifiers, creek (?/?) and especially kent spafford/daniels, you guys have been colorado debate superstars this year and I wish you the best of luck at nationals.

• Upvote 1