Will Hunting

LOST

Discussion for LOST (particularly S4, but I'm sure we'll branch out) goes here. I know there was another one of these, I think Kent made it a year or two ago, but I couldn't track it down. Searching for "lost" doesn't get you much.

Discuss!

I haven't been liking the new season much. Episode 5 (not the last one, but one before) was really good though.

I think the new season has been fantastic. Every episode is giving more answers than questions, they're finally starting to reveal some of the temporal qualities of the island.

I think the new season has been fantastic. Every episode is giving more answers than questions, they're finally starting to reveal some of the temporal qualities of the island.

I agree and disagree. All the 'answers' are to new questions. It's just not as mysterious and exciting anymore.

Also, I was really bored with Kate's episode.

Also, I was really bored with Kate's episode.

I wasn't bored, but I hated the twist ending. I thought Kate's episode posed some great mysteries. What was with Jack's story on the witness stand. Why is he protecting those still on the island? What did Jack want to know if Hurley told? Why does he think they need to go back to the island?

Also, Desmond is a badass, brotha.

I'm really happy with this season so far. It has a great mix of answers and more questions. Couple of things that stand out in my head.

1. Rewatching the first few seasons, I noticed that Sun's pregnancy test said "Widmore Labs" on it.

2. I dont think Jack was just "protecting" the people on the island. Something happened to them. Remember when Kate gets off for the murder and he's waiting outside, and Kate's all like "I understand if you dont want to see her" (refferring to Erin). At that point we assume Jack is all torn up because its Sawyer's kid, but because its not, it makes us wonder, what happened to Claire?

3. Who the fuck is Ben? He must be a good guy. I trust Sayeed (sp?) more than anyone else. I dont think he would defect, he's a really good guy, and he's working for him when they get off.

ideas?

I'm liking the new season as well. It just keeps getting better and better with each episode (well ep. 3 was the best, since Sayid is infinitely awesome; but besides that).

While we're still not getting answers to some of the shows central mysteries (i.e. smokey, the numbers, etc) they're still coming in. Instead of thinking about what we don't know, trying think of what we do know: who the others are (to a certain extent), why the plane crashed, who's behind the freighter, who 'he' is from TTLG, and perhaps most importantly, that Juliet is an adulterous whore. ;-)

With every answer comes new questions, but that's what makes the show great. The fact that the writers have kept us watching for 4 years w/o telling us what the smoke monster is a testament to this.

Anyway, what does everyone think now that there is time travel?

2. I dont think Jack was just "protecting" the people on the island. Something happened to them. Remember when Kate gets off for the murder and he's waiting outside, and Kate's all like "I understand if you dont want to see her" (refferring to Erin). At that point we assume Jack is all torn up because its Sawyer's kid, but because its not, it makes us wonder, what happened to Claire?

First, Aaron is a boy. Secondly, I don't think anything happened to Claire. There are several plausible scenarios that would get Aaron off of the island, but leave Claire on it. Not the least of which is simply that Claire wanted a better life for her kid. This logic, of course, ignores the psychic prophecy from Season 1.

3. Who the fuck is Ben? He must be a good guy. I trust Sayeed (sp?) more than anyone else. I dont think he would defect, he's a really good guy, and he's working for him when they get off.

Sayid is capable of manipulating others for his own gain. See season 1 for examples. He set up his friend (the terrorist) to get caught by the feds just so Sayid could see his lady again. This ultimately led to his friends suicide. Also, Ben is capable of manipulation in the highest degree. Blackmail? Extortion? General mind fucks? Maybe. Ben's a bad guy. We've seen it through 2.5 seasons.

First, Aaron is a boy. Secondly, I don't think anything happened to Claire. There are several plausible scenarios that would get Aaron off of the island, but leave Claire on it. Not the least of which is simply that Claire wanted a better life for her kid. This logic, of course, ignores the psychic prophecy from Season 1.

Maybe, but there is a question about what would cause Jack and Sayid, in different ways, to want to "protect" whoever stayed on the island. I think Claire is going to die at the hands of the people Widmore hired, which would both cause Kate to take Aaron and Sayid to work for Ben to protect the other survivors. That's my bet, at least. Tonight is supposed to be the big, shocking episode of the season, so maybe we'll find out more.

no. Because of the writer's strike, they couldn't air all the episodes non-stop like they wanted to. We're in a 5 week hiatus.

thanks. I went and wikied it after I posted here and figured it out. Makes me sad, I was totally geared up for watching it and then it was a rerun.

LOST is back. And it's kicking ass and taking names.

Yeah. There were a couple minutes of that last episode where I was almost convinced that Sawyer was toast. But aside from that, why these "rules" between Ben and Widmore?

Remember how only Claire is suppose to raise that baby or all is lost?

And people chose to stay on the island? But somehow Kate can go and chill with Sawyer even though he is on the island?

They better start answering some of this stuff soon.

Anyone else find the last few seconds of the season finale incredibly upsetting?

Those british natural philosophers have to stick together.

Damn, Jeremy Benthem is an A+ reference.

I want to know how the hell "Jeremy Benthem" got off the island. Actually, come to think of it, there is alot of stuff I want to know...like what was up with the giant statue thing of last season (or even the smoke monster, darhma initivtive, etc.) Shit like this needs to be explained not vaguely mentioned and then ignored for 2 seasons.

Bump

Anybody watch the Season Finale?

Fucking awesome is all I have to say, except for the anti-climatic Jacob bit.

Finale Spoilers:

I thought the anti-climactic part was a smart decision. I didn't want to spend the whole episode wondering who Jacob was, the fact that they opened with that scene was incredible. It was the most revealing opening scene in LOST history. We saw Jacob, we saw guy #2 (aka Bizarro Locke), we saw the statue, AND we saw the Black Rock. It doesn't get better than that.

Finale Spoilers:

I thought the anti-climactic part was a smart decision. I didn't want to spend the whole episode wondering who Jacob was, the fact that they opened with that scene was incredible. It was the most revealing opening scene in LOST history. We saw Jacob, we saw guy #2 (aka Bizarro Locke), we saw the statue, AND we saw the Black Rock. It doesn't get better than that.

Spoiler Alert

Very true. However, my favorite part of the episode is finally realizing that Sayid saw his own body in the van all those years ago and it sort of proved that their attempts to change the future were only recreating the past. Great stuff