JustinP

TFA State 2008

Question: Is card clipping all the sudden okay?

Care to explain?

Does anyone have any results thus far?

describe

Care to explain?

Does anyone have any results thus far?

They clip cards in their 1ac. Then they lie about doing it. Oh, they also read different words than what their evidence says.

• Upvote 1

describe

Card clipping is when you have a card (or more, or all of them in your 1ac) highlighted and then don't actually read all of the highlighted portion. Superbadass card clippers then go on to deny that they did this when asked.

yea that really sucks i hope people watch them from now on and if they do clip and card then just stop the debate i be like what the fuck i think that definately should cost a team at least that round if not a DQ from the tourney.

• Downvote 1

so what is actually happening with the tournament? I heard they were cutting it down to 4 prelim rounds. Are they? How bad is the snow gonna affect the tourney?

so what is actually happening with the tournament? I heard they were cutting it down to 4 prelim rounds. Are they? How bad is the snow gonna affect the tourney?

According to everything I've heard, they're banishing round 2 from all of existence, so their will only be four rounds.

quote=bacon bits;1559234]They clip cards in their 1ac. Then they lie about doing it. Oh, they also read different words than what their evidence says.

You know, this is really really low. Posting a complaint on Cross-X like this is immature. If you have something to say, come to Room 262 and discuss the round directly with us. We and our coach will be glad to discuss any allegations or concerns you have about the round.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

quote=bacon bits;1559234]They clip cards in their 1ac. Then they lie about doing it. Oh, they also read different words than what their evidence says.

Not much to discuss. You clipped cards.

• Upvote 1

Not much to discuss. You clipped cards.

Warrant-less assertions. Going on and on about this doesn't justify your loss. I doubt that your suspicion of card-clipping really affected the core of the round, except for your decision to spend 2 minutes on it in the 2NR. After being told by dozens of people on cross-x to not be a sore loser, I see that most people on here are just hypocrites.

• Upvote 1

Hmm... This is getting out of hand. We can talk about it tomorrow at the tournament. It's sleep time.

• Downvote 1

worst tournament ever and not even in the the tournament hotel

Feel free to humble us by hosting a tournament in a snow storm with hundreds of people. Did you lose too?

i think its really funny that on those orange (i think orange) colored papers they handed out at coppell said this years tfa was voted best state tourny ever because of the snow and how fun it was...lol wow

If you guys change your mind, 223 is hosting Fight Club at midnight.

That sounds like a swell idea.

Warrant-less assertions. Going on and on about this doesn't justify your loss. I doubt that your suspicion of card-clipping really affected the core of the round, except for your decision to spend 2 minutes on it in the 2NR. After being told by dozens of people on cross-x to not be a sore loser, I see that most people on here are just hypocrites.

I'll spot you that I made strategic mistakes in conceding offense on heg if you spot me your team cheated and misrepresented evidence.

Feel free to humble us by hosting a tournament in a snow storm with hundreds of people. Did you lose too?

durka im lawlrus chang durka i dont even know what im talking about durka maybe if you had debate friends you would understand that not being able to hangout with them at tournaments at hotels sucks durka

• Downvote 1