Kyunker

RIP Garrett Clark

The Missouri debate community has lost one of its great competitors today. Garrett Clark from Blue Springs High School died this afternoon in a car accident in Blue Springs. As I learn more information about services I will pass them along.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family, his friends and his teammates. I hope all of you will keep him in your thoughts in prayers as well.

• Upvote 2

The services are most likely sunday night, with the funeral procession monday morning.

He is loved by many, keep his family in your hearts and prayers.

• Upvote 1

I missed him at the tournament this weekend. I wanted to watch him debate and never got the chance. I have a feeling that he will be greatly missed. Regards. This is a terrible, terrible loss.

• Upvote 1

Are you fucking kidding me? Omg......I don't even know what to say..

He was a fun kid and an amazing debater. It was nice being in a lab with him for 2 weeks. U will be missed greatly.

• Upvote 1

Garrett Clark was not only an excellent debater, but an astounding tennis player and a great person. I remember the countless laughs we had in the draw room and in round. I'll never forget his wit, his humor and sheer genius in everything he said and did. His talent was unmatched and he proved it this year yet again! I will always remember him.

Rest in Peace! I'll miss you!

• Upvote 1

Garrett Clark will be very missed by not only current debaters but also the former debaters, like myself, as a friend.... even if he didnt know you Garrett Clark would listen. He was also a talented debater and one of the funniest guys you could ever know...

Garrett, buddy, you will be greatly missed. The times we shared will stick in my mind forever.

• Upvote 1

Mrs. Kasemvudhi and her squad, as well as all who knew Garrett, will be in my prayers today...

black_ribbon.png

RIP Garrett

Amazingly funny guy I still can't believe I was able to carry your tall body on my back at camp...

reppin UMKC 06'

probably not one of our better ideas.

This is shocking news. I watched Garrett grow and develop in debate and extemp over several years. I knew early on that he had what it takes to achieve excellence. He was admired by competitors and judges for his lighthearted approach to competition.

I also watched him compete in tennis for many years, always with an upbeat attitude and a smile on his face. He really enjoyed competition in any contest whether academic or athletic. His postive attitude will be missed in a life that ended far too soon.

• Upvote 1

I'll miss seeing Garrett's name on a schedule. He was an incredible debater, and a better friend. Missouri debate lost one of its stars yesterday. Rest in peace Garrett.

I will always miss playing Pokemon in extemp draw and just hanging out with Garrett in general. The community lost one of its greatest competitors and the world lost a great guy way too soon.

RIP Garrett

Even as a Public Forum debater I understand how great of a man and a debater he was. I'm a freshman somewhat no-name debater and yet he took the time to meet me and talk to me. I will not soon forget his unnecessery kindness, and I wish his family the best.

Rest in Peace Garrett

What tragic circumstances these are. Long live Garrett in our hearts and minds. I only met him a few times yet he was obviously a great debater and friend. My prayers are with his friends and family. Rest in peace Garrett

The visitation will be sunday night from 6-9, as a community anyone who knew him, it would be greatly appreciated to see everyone there.

He had a great circle of friends and a great debate circuit to support him.

Tournaments will never EVER be the same without him.

We love you G.A.C.

Truly a tragedy. Garret was always an entertaining person for me to be around. He was intelligent and had a really unique sense of humor. My prayers are with his family.

It would be amazing if everyone who knew Garrett or even if you had only met him once could be there at the visitation to support the family and show what an AMAZING person he was. I've heard from so many people who barely knew him but that said his smile could brighten anyone's day. He will be missed as a friend, competitor, brother and son. He is watching down on all of us, smiling, prepping for the day the rest of us get there to debate him.

RIP Garrett Addison Clark.

7/10/89-3/4/08

Something that I've been wondering about is whether or not it's appropriate for me to attend the visitation. I didn't know Garrett, but was well acquainted with his reputiation. My attendance would be solely out of respect, but I also would interject somewhere where I'm not wanted.

Garrett was always very kind to me, and showed the utmost respect to me and my squad. The debate community, and most of all, his friends and family, have suffered a terrible loss at losing such a wonderful person. Rest in peace.

Something that I've been wondering about is whether or not it's appropriate for me to attend the visitation. I didn't know Garrett, but was well acquainted with his reputiation. My attendance would be solely out of respect, but I also would interject somewhere where I'm not wanted.

Ben, I've never met you but I knew Garrett personally and he was one of my close friends and he would appreciate you being there as I'm sure so would the family. He definitely earned everyone's respect and I think it would be nice for us to show the community that.

I agree with Bree on this one, any support for Garrett's family and friends would be appreciated I'm sure.

Tomorrow is going to be a tough day all around the area competitions. Garrett's dream came true last weekend by qualifying to nationals, however, he wouldn't want any of us to miss out on our opportunity. He'll be watching over us tomorrow, I'm sure of it.

R.I.P. Garrett Addison Clark

Reppin' FUZZY BUNNY fo' eva.

For those going to tomorrow's tournament, remember we are at Blue Springs, and to show respect to Garrett's school. Which how much we care, they care even more, so all respect is appreciated I'm sure.

Rest in Peace Garrett

I'm going to break a promise to my kids to not post anymore to write this.

I knew Garrett only well enough to say hello. I did get the chance to judge him a few times over the years. As with most of you, I don't remember if I gave him the win or the loss. The last tme I judged him in a round was at conference.

We all expect to lose our grandparents and, eventually our parents. We never expect to lose our children. My heart goes out to Garrett's parents. There will be no closure, no healing, for their hearts. Our children are physically, viscerally a part of us every bit as much as our arms, legs or eyes. The difference is that we'd easily choose to lose our eyes before our children. That is why when we say "a part of us has died" it is not a metaphore.

That said, I would encourage all in the debate community, whether you knew Garrett or not, whether you liked him, loved him, respected him or not, to go to his visitation. His parents, family and friends will need your support and prayers. They may not "see" you in their shock and grief but they will know that you are there.

Love to all my kids our there!!! Mama C