Sign in to follow this  
Hi-dig-air

MSHSAA State 2008

I know most of you, with the exception of Pearson and myself don't care, but what LDers are your districts sending? Northwest (SJC) is sending David Kozminski (Savannah), McKayla Beattie (Savannah), Sam Tabory (Liberty), and Ben Reid (Park Hill).

Thanks is appreciated, but ignoring is understood.

West-Central (KC) is sending:

1st - Rachel Shepard - Raytown South

2nd - David Webber - Blue Springs South

SF - Rachel Walker - Raytown

SF - Justin Mackey - Grandview

does anyone know who I need to contact about judging? Is it still Eapen Thampy?

I know most of you, with the exception of Pearson and myself don't care, but what LDers are your districts sending? Northwest (SJC) is sending David Kozminski (Savannah), McKayla Beattie (Savannah), Sam Tabory (Liberty), and Ben Reid (Park Hill).

Thanks is appreciated, but ignoring is understood.

Carver-Truman

Neosho A Leila Khan

Neosho B Justin Letts

Monett A Omar Quereshi

Webb City A ?

no, they are actually new. DDT stopped working for me so I decided it was time for something entirely new.

willyg: DDT stopped working when I said it would stop working (not a prediction, a commandment). jk. r u kidding run tha shit. its golden

I just arrived in Colombia. I'll be timekeeping policy, so might see some of you there. Good luck everyone!

quarters:

8. Liberty (?/Botts?) def. 1. Central (rowland/rainsin) 3-0

2. Kpoo (Lyons/satz) def. 7. Greenwood (Frederick/godwin) 3-0

3. Carthage

the middle appeared like this: st. joe central, neosho, clayton (i think) these rounds were supposedly on 2-1

Sems:

kpoo (aff) def. Carthage

neosho (aff)def. liberty b 2-1

finals:

Kpoo v. Neosho

Woo state 08!!!

P.s. Updates typed on a phone is hard to do!

Omg the only thing accurate about my above post is sems except it wasn't truman it was liberty. I am dumb and was terribly mislead. I apologize to the state!

Aw sweet!

neosho is in sems

damn, i wonder what the judging pool is like...

Just like clockwork. Anytime a team outside of the Springfield area does well it instantly has to be at fault of the judges. Why is it that every single time Parkivew won state that the qualifications of the judges were never called into question? How about when Greenwood won state? Were the judges ill qualified back then? I'd be willing to take a bet if you had gotten to semi-finals that the judges would have been quite up to par, right? Ridiculous.

• Downvote 1

Oh yeah, to add: I don't care what the judging pool is comprised of--old women, lawyers, homeless men--the fact is that it does not matter. Debate is about being able to adapt and win over everyone, not just a particular college debater who judges that happens to like shitty theory and critical arguments that make no sense outside of the vacuum of debate. If you're only able to win with those type of judges then you are no better than the team that only wins with lays. Quit being a sissy and admit that some team from an area other than Springfield could do well.

• Downvote 1