SP 101

What would you run aganist this aff (FGM)

A FGM AFF with the advantages patriarchy and dehumanization

Thus we offer the following Plan: The United States federal government should increase its public health assistance to resoultionally designated countries by unconditionally funding Tostan health and education programs to end infibulations.

Fund and enforcement guaranteed through normal means.

Number one, clarification in the 1A cross/x as to what the heck a Tostan health and education program is.

A FGM AFF with the advantages patriarchy and dehumanization

Thus we offer the following Plan: The United States federal government should increase its public health assistance to resoultionally designated countries by unconditionally funding Tostan health and education programs to end infibulations.

Fund and enforcement guaranteed through normal means.

first run PHA=whatever, maybe testing, treatment, or immunization with fx T as a standard, since it is just education not direct PHA that they are providing. next run an international actor counter plan because since it is just providing funding their should be no US key warrent (ie: 1million dollars sent from china solves just as much as 1million dollars sent from US to this Tostan health and education program). then run some p-tix as a net ben. maybe a random K or whatever as a time suck.

^ What he said. I recommend the China CP, because it's that awesome. Use WFI's as a start and add extra solvency links.

1. US giving funding-- corruption (maybe, dunno how the thing operates)

2. Being FGM, run a T on public, must be whole population (good luck stopping FGM on males),

3. and then run SSA= X countries (you probably already have one of these shells).

"Currently, Tostan has operations in:

• Senegal
  • Guinea
  • The Gambia
  • Mauritania
  • Somalia
  • Djibouti

Previous versions of the Tostan program have been implemented in Burkina Faso, Mali, and Sudan"

http://www.tostan.org/web/page/568/sectionid/556/pagelevel/2/parentid/556/interior.asp

not all SSA

don't run the freaking T on PHA with fx t as a standard... just run FX T... its a great argument all by itself and never should be used as a standard... EVER!! its a type of topicality not a standard or a voter. just look to the actual case and beat them on case... i know that's an amazing strategy to actually beat what the case says instead of going 16 mins of neg arguments being all off case... run some on and to do that you can beat the case with any camp FGM file this year... its not that hard

don't run the freaking T on PHA with fx t as a standard... just run FX T... its a great argument all by itself and never should be used as a standard... EVER!! its a type of topicality not a standard or a voter. just look to the actual case and beat them on case... i know that's an amazing strategy to actually beat what the case says instead of going 16 mins of neg arguments being all off case... run some on and to do that you can beat the case with any camp FGM file this year... its not that hard

you need an interp of PHA to determine effects T

1. Alt Agent CP (Anyone can fund it)

2. Spending Disad (or some disad that links to US specific action)

3. If you have the judge, you can run a K on "FGM". I was looking at this aff earlier in the year and say a prety good K on this term from the World Debate Insititue camp that came out in August.

ha really?

in that case, the A strat is international cp and net benefit

the 'US resources key' is an artificial solvency deficit

and the morality cards talk about how the case shouldnt be ignored for political reasons and are talking about how plan doesnt happen in the squo because things like the DA but the cards do not say that the US has the monopoly on the moral obligation. this means that as long as you win a majority of solvency, the risk of the net benefit swamps the solvency deficit

also util would help

no actually you don't... my partner and I run all this all the time and win on it all the time without that interp of PHA... its just not needed

that makes no sense at all. you can only effectually meet an interpretation.

if your interp of pha is disease treatment and ther interp is money than there we meet (money = disease treatment) would be f-x, but they would on face meet there own interp if they give money

1. Alt Agent CP (Anyone can fund it)

2. Spending Disad (or some disad that links to US specific action)

3. If you have the judge, you can run a K on "FGM". I was looking at this aff earlier in the year and say a prety good K on this term from the World Debate Insititue camp that came out in August.

ill second the k on FGM worked superbly gave me a chance against a team that was far superior in every aspect

The first thing to read on all FGM cases is cultural identity good. When the US or any hegamonic power says to any culture "you can't do that because we see it as immoral" we are destroying a culture that is unique and beautiful, and we can never get it back (see Myans, Incas, native americans, etc.) Impacts to heg, backlash, cultural identity, and of course nuke war and genocide. When the world is run by one morality system, one way of thought, we lose what makes us unique and any flow of ideas is completely destroyed. This makes society stagnant and sets us back by possibly hundreds of years of technology, philosophy and other things. One of the best rounds I ever had was defending FGM by granting all of their impacts (patriarchy, nuke war, rape etc) and then outweighing them with loss of cultural identity.

BTW, I do personally believe this, and when I tell people that I don't oppose things like FGM they flip out until I'm given a chance to explain.

PS: The same argument could be run for several other issues. Anytime the US tells a country "thats immoral, you can't do that" just take this out and have fun, but be careful. There are 2 things to consider:

1. The reasoning must be a MORAL obligation.

2. The US (or whatever country) must not have a personal stake in it for any other reason that a MORAL one. This argument wouldn't work for, say, blood diamonds because the US buys those diamonds (even though we say we don't). Things like FGM don't directly impact us other than its unpleasant to think about.

I would ask how we enforce your solvency- wait, so the USFG is going to force people to stop cutting?

And K of Western Feminism

The first thing to read on all FGM cases is cultural identity good. When the US or any hegamonic power says to any culture "you can't do that because we see it as immoral" we are destroying a culture that is unique and beautiful, and we can never get it back (see Myans, Incas, native americans, etc.) Impacts to heg, backlash, cultural identity, and of course nuke war and genocide. When the world is run by one morality system, one way of thought, we lose what makes us unique and any flow of ideas is completely destroyed. This makes society stagnant and sets us back by possibly hundreds of years of technology, philosophy and other things. One of the best rounds I ever had was defending FGM by granting all of their impacts (patriarchy, nuke war, rape etc) and then outweighing them with loss of cultural identity.

BTW, I do personally believe this, and when I tell people that I don't oppose things like FGM they flip out until I'm given a chance to explain.

PS: The same argument could be run for several other issues. Anytime the US tells a country "thats immoral, you can't do that" just take this out and have fun, but be careful. There are 2 things to consider:

1. The reasoning must be a MORAL obligation.

2. The US (or whatever country) must not have a personal stake in it for any other reason that a MORAL one. This argument wouldn't work for, say, blood diamonds because the US buys those diamonds (even though we say we don't). Things like FGM don't directly impact us other than its unpleasant to think about.

all right, when a culture is inherently patriarchal and subordinating, how is it beautiful? forcing women to be cut in order to control their supposed sexual deviancy is good?

"Are you fucking retarded? Go back to your shitty novice rounds, because you fucking need an interp to run F/X. Do you understand procedural argument at all? Obviously not. ~kevinwy "

thanks man but i'm not a novice. I'm a 4th year debater and can run a fucking FX T around your dumb ass any day. and i'm not even the 1N. The only fucking violation you need is "the affirmative plan does not directly bring about topical action. The direct legislative effects of the plan are X (such as send cash somewhere or whatever) and the indirect legislative effects are Y which bring about the topical action. so no its not required that you have an interp to run FX T... i've done it for four years and haven't lost to it yet. so go run home and play nice in your own little world where you have to have an interp

• Downvote 1

"Are you fucking retarded? Go back to your shitty novice rounds, because you fucking need an interp to run F/X. Do you understand procedural argument at all? Obviously not. ~kevinwy "

thanks man but i'm not a novice. I'm a 4th year debater and can run a fucking FX T around your dumb ass any day. and i'm not even the 1N. The only fucking violation you need is "the affirmative plan does not directly bring about topical action. The direct legislative effects of the plan are X (such as send cash somewhere or whatever) and the indirect legislative effects are Y which bring about the topical action. so no its not required that you have an interp to run FX T... i've done it for four years and haven't lost to it yet. so go run home and play nice in your own little world where you have to have an interp

normal means?

normal means?

exactly. without an interp, *no case meets*. every single action performed by the government requires steps. Showing an interp of something like PHA that proves why their plan action, even with normal means, only leads to a resolutional action via effects lends legitimacy to your argument.

all right, when a culture is inherently patriarchal and subordinating, how is it beautiful? forcing women to be cut in order to control their supposed sexual deviancy is good?

Sexual equality is an idea born of Western Enlightenment politics. Either Western intervention is good and patriarchy sucks, or cultural intervention isn't.