Sign in to follow this  
Wolfmother

PFD

I need help. I am debating public forum, I know it's not as fun as policy, but being in Kansas secoend semester I do what I can.

The Resoultion goes along the lines of are the primares democratic. I'm really having trouble thinking of some orginal points, ideas, subpoints w/e. Can you help me out?

presidential primaries violate the democratic values of justice, fairness, etc.

and to enter into the level of JV debate we tend to give warrants to our arguments

sidenote, does pfd count as being equal to jv debate?

Wolfmother you said you were confused so I'll try to clarify a bit, I'm sorry if I messed up the origional answerers posts.

and to enter into the level of JV debate we tend to give warrants to our arguments

sidenote, does pfd count as being equal to jv debate?

Warrants are sources, normally good sources from people who know what their talking about not random crap.

When he was talking about giving warrants to arguments,I think he was referring to the post by rhetoricking76 when he was talking about the democratic values of justice, fairness, etc... you can't just throw out values and philosophy and expect it to stick in PF. Your case will get macerated if you do.

You can start with a couple of pretty comprehensive catalogs of common objections here and here...

Comprehensive catalogs of common objections = why or why not people would affirm and negate the resolution (aka catalogs of ideas)

ok the argument i was using was saying that

definition of democratic values- fairness, justice, equality, etc.

(there is a whole list of them online somewhere, i saw them when i was helping my team out)

contention1 - presidential primaries violate (insert one of the values)

there are a few sites out there that say that the way the primaries are conducted are unjust or unfair

so u can find warrants online for the arg i just gave you