NoSxp

Resolved (Movie)

While we are a white school, we can't deal with race as an issue.

Why not? I have only debated for predominantly white schools, and while I don't debate about my own social location much, I think that considerations of race in debate, including the way race effects me in debate, have been very important to me in the way in which I think about the activity. White kids should think about race...its important to our social location just like everyone else.

No. USB 2 is slightly faster than firewire 400 (IEEE 1394a). They both are about 30-40 times faster than USB 1. Firewire 800 (IEEE 1394b) is twice as fast as that, but is not generally backwards compatible with firewire 400 and is rarely used. USB 2 is backwards compatible with USB 1 (used for many keyboards and mice) making it a much more frequently supported standard.

Oh, really? Huh. Never knew that. I read something somewhere that said FireWire was 20 times faster. I knew USB 2.0 was right up there with it, though, I just wasn't sure it was quite as fast. That, and I'd never heard of FireWire 800, but sounds cool.

whatever happen to Iola?

just so it at the UNT workshop, wish it ws longer and more in depth about the sport itself, hopfully its just a door to more films on c-x

whatever happen to Iola?

If I'm not mistaken as it says in the doc., he went to UCSC , but then transferred to Redlands U. and currently debates there.

If I'm not mistaken as it says in the doc., he went to UCSC , but then transferred to Redlands U. and currently debates there.

Why don't you just ask him. He posted #84 on this thread.

i disagree- especially coming from a subject in the film, you should understand none of my comments were changed or manipulated. greg whiteley is also one of the most neutral/unbiased people ive ever met and i believe it is shown in his film(s).

He's got a profile and an email and everything.

Not a single person who downloaded it seeded it, and I can't just leave my connection on 24/7, so oh well! You guys ruined it for everybody else. I'll try and leave it open during nighttime, if possible.

Sorry!

epicspread

i dont know how either of those sites work. but would that eliminate the need for seeds?

Yeah it would. You'd just have to upload it once (could take a while, depending on your connection) but that'd be it.

If you don't have it already, download the free trial of WinRAR (or, since you seem to be a well-versed pirate, get a cracked version somewhere). This should add WinRAR options to your right-click menu. Right-click the file, select "Add to archive...", go to the "advanced" tab, click "set password", type something like cross-x for the password twice and check "encrypt file name." At the very bottom in the box that says "split to volume, bytes" put like 400000. I don't know how big your file is but that should be good.

Name all the files something inconspicuous ("vacation pics.rar" is a classic) and upload each one to megaupload.com. When they all finish post each link here. If any of this stuff doesn't work then ask me and I'll probably be able to figure out what's wrong.

Note: all the security measures like passworded files and inconspicuous file names are because megaupload will occasionally delete shady files.

If anyone has any questions on how to extract all this once it's done, just ask me.

Also - out of curiosity, what quality is the video? Is it like a cam or a DVD rip?

• Downvote 1

cool. thanks. um.. i dont have the file completely downloaded yet but anyone that does could answer his question about the quality... and ill try to get the file up on one of the other sites once i have it all the way downloaded.

It's a TiVo rip from HBO recorded at best quality.

epic

EDIT: Thanks for those of you who began seeding. =)

Edited by epicspread

BTW, I am in this movie, and I should warn you that although they may not have skewed what the main subjects of the film said, they definitely misconstrued the debate round I was in to make me and my partner look insensitive, racist, and they even changed the name of our school to make us look more elitist. They also seemed to choose only the parts of the round in which my partner and I either stuttered or had a "dumb" moment.

It was kind of upsetting that they would do that, but I just thought I'd have you keep that in mind while watching this movie-- it isn't as objective as I had hoped.

epic

Yes, I believe all in all that it was an excellent introduction to debate to the general public, don't get me wrong! I just don't like what seems was the producer's decision to change our school name. (In the context of the round, and considering other stuff he edited out of the round, I'm pretty sure it was deliberate).

But then again, I signed the waiver, so tsk tsk on me! Lesson learned, no hard feelings.

Happy Watching!

epic

thanks. this question is for other people that are using this **eh hem** less then legal method to obtain the documentary. what programs do you all use to convert/burn dvd movies?