supaflyinureye321

Old Judge Hiring Requests

Do you have transportation/housing? That's the dealmaker for us.

Do you have transportation/housing? That's the dealmaker for us.

I have housing. No transportation.

Hi All,

As a result of a last minute cancellation, Sheboygan North needs a policy debate judge for CFL nationals in Albany. We pay well. Someone in the Albany area would obviously be ideal, but I'm willing to work out alternate solutions given this request's short notice.

A small amount of experience in policy debate is acceptable -- this job only involves covering a few rounds, not cutting cards/strategy work, etc.

Email me if interested: jvoss1223@gmail.com

--Jon

I thought I would put this out there. I live in Birmingham and would be willing to judge/ coach if anyone needs my services.

Reason why you should hire me:

1. I live less than 10 min from where the tournament will be hosted.

2. I have 8+ years of Judgeing/Debateing/Coaching

3. I Work as an outside sales consultant. You might be thinking why should I care about that? The answer is it means I have lots of time on my hands and can do research, and help you at any time you need it.

4. Compensation is negotiable.

Why waste possibly thousands of dollars to fly someone in pay for their food, hotel, gas ect when you can hire me at fractions of the cost.

Please PM me with any interest

Edited by SouthernStyle Debater

I'll go ahead and throw this out there, see what happens.

I live around the San Diego area and would be more than willing to help cut cards for whatever team needs the help. I've had 4 years of competitive experience + judging time. As a debate coach for a novice squad I've experienced a good amount of success. Best part? For the first part of the 09 - 10 season I'll work for less than about anyone you could find. If you are in or around the San Diego area I would be more than happy to fill your judging quotas.

PM if you have any interest

I can judge/scout/cut cards/ ect at NFLs if anyone still needs a judge.

4 yr HS debater, starting my 4th year debating at JMU, just PM me!

Still available for NFL's -- Will be in Birmingham for the Summer, so you don't need to pay for a ticket or lodging. Debated at Mountain Brook for three years (TOC debater) and have debated at Gonzaga for two years now.

got questions or want some quals?

Jsydnor88@gmail.com

Thanks!

Jim Sydnor

Gonzaga '11

I am available to do whatever you need for NFLs. I have 5 years debating experience and am a sophomore at UNT. Made it to the TOC and outrounds at a few college tournaments this year. Available for files small and large. Any questions?

Rowedan@gmail.com

Please welcome the new Notre Dame Director of Debate, Christina Tallungan.

Christina was a former debater at Notre Dame HS (CA) and the University of Southern California. She was an assistant coach and completed her masters' work at Cal State University-Northridge. Most recently she has been the coach at Glenbrook North where she enjoyed much success. She was the main architect of a team that won the TOC.

We hope that Christina will enjoy her new role here at Notre Dame, and hope that everyone is supportive as she makes this transition. CTMoney ;).

----Notre Dame (Contributions by GBN Team)

Edited by repsfirst
  • Upvote 1

Posting on behalf of Tallungan

Glenbrook North High School in Northbrook, IL, is currently looking for a Director of Debate/Teacher for the 2009-2010 school year. The team is currently competitive in three types of debate: policy, Lincoln-Douglas, and public forum. It is also competitive in the National Public Policy Forum (now the International Public Policy Forum) sponsored by Bickel and Brewer.

The Glenbrook North Spartan Debate Team has a long and prestigious history. This opening is a great opportunity for a responsible and hard working coach. There is significant funding for the team and assistant coaches have already been set-up for the coming school year. There is considerable student talent and, most importantly, hard work on the team right now as well. The administration is extremely supportive of the team. The principal and superintendent have even come to watch team practices to help the students. Also, the alumni are very supportive and loyal to the program. Three of the assistant coaches are GBN debate alumi.

The salary is competitive and based on experience. You would receive a teaching salary and a stipend for the Head Coach position. The debate coach is expected to teach 4 classes in the Fall (with 1 release period for your head coaching responsibilities) and 5 classes in the Spring. 3 of the courses would be debate classes - 1 Basic Debate class and 2 Advanced Debate classes. Other courses would be based on teacher's prior experience and credentials.

If you have further questions about the position, contact me at ctallungan@glenbrook.k12.il.us.

Please see the following link for the official job requirements and description http://www.glenbrook.k12.il.us/district/HR/hrhtml/gbhrcert.html. You should submit your application to http://www.generalasp.com/D225/OnlineApp/. The administration would like to fill this position as soon as possible so, if interested, please apply quickly.

Most recently she has been the coach at Glenbrook North where she enjoyed much success. She was the main architect of a team that won the TOC.

HAHAHA

GBN for life.

Edited by MJF3914
  • Downvote 2

And - in an historic first - this will be the first time a woman has been DOF at NDHS, right?

So double both the congratulations and best wishes! :)

Congrats to a great coach - and program.

Christina was one of the first coaches from a major competitive school to welcome me (back) into the activity. She has always been very kind and open to giving assistance, which is not always the case when a small team starts (resumes) traveling on the national circuit.

Now, if I can just find a way to beat her teams . . .

On behalf of the Glenbrook North debate team, we would like to welcome back Michael Greenstein who is returning to the program to take on the position of Head Coach. Michael Greenstein has had a big impact in a short time as a coach, assissting debaters who broke at the TOC, and received high speaking accolades. We are thrilledhe's back, and look forward to the growth of the program under his guidance.

We would like to give a special thanks to the administration, especially director of student activities Dr. Tarjan, and former coaches Ted Belch and Greg Malis for taking out time of their busy schedules to help with the hiring process, especially in the middle of the summer.

---Zack Parker, Mitchel Hochberg, Alex Pappas, and GBN Debate

Edited by zparks
  • Downvote 2

The University of Michigan Debate Camp will hold its concluding tournament on Wednesday, August 5-Friday, August 7. We mainly need judges on Wednesday and Thursday. If you are interested in judging, please e-mail me at akall@umich.edu

Thanks,

Aaron

Michigan Debate

Harker Policy is looking for a coach available for card cutting and preferably also tournament coaching and judging for the 2009-2010 season. We will pay for transportation to, and lodging at, tournaments in addition to a competitive salary.

You may email AdamN@harker.org for specific questions or to state your interest.

Edited by ninernation