supaflyinureye321

Old Judge Hiring Requests

Lowell High School is located in San Francisco, California. We are looking to hire an assistant coach for the 2009-2010 season. We have a strong regional tournament schedule with many national circuit tournaments on our calendar. Our overall program goal is to phase-in more circuit schedule as our budget allows. We have some very talented young debaters and a squad that is still growing in size.

We are looking for candidates with extensive high school circuit experience or college debate experience. Past debate team leadership experience or previous coaching experience is preferred.

Expected Duties:

-Tournament Judging and Coaching at Bay Area Tournaments (Negotiable)

-Assist in strategy development and overseeing evidence production

-Available to meet at least once a week to organize debate research and/or judge rounds and/or practice drills

If you have any questions about this job opening please email Kenneth Kozakura at kkozakur@gmail.com

EDIT: I just wanted to add to this thread based off feedback I've already received.

-This is a part-time position only. You will meet a few hours a week and go to a couple tournaments a year. We currently do not have the funds for another full time coach. Please don't ask.

-This is IDEAL for persons with full-time jobs that just want to either give back to the community or just need a little extra cash OR college students (undergraduate or graduate)

Hey, I'm David from Westlake, and my partner John and I are looking for a personal coach that can help us conceptualize, write, and execute critical arguments. Presence at national tournaments would be necessary, although you would not have to be in the Austin area. You would be chiefly coaching us. If you're interested and would like more information, contact me at dntstoplaughing@gmail.com with your qualifications as soon as possible.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hello, I'm Lawrence Chang, I debated for Clear Lake High School last year, and will be debating for Clear Springs High School as a senior this coming year. My team will be traveling extensively on the national and texas circuits and we're looking for someone to assist in coaching at tournaments/cutting cards. In terms of file preparation we're looking to hire several people who are currently competing in or have already finished debating in college. If anyone is interested, PM me or ideally email me and we can discuss details.

lawlruschang@gmail.com

BJ Dworak, an alum of Cedarburg HS in Wisconsin, is available to judge at the 2009 Earlybird Classic at Wake Forest. He is attending the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and has his own housing arrangements. I can vouch for him: he's reliable, professional, and qualified to judge varsity or JV policy debate. If you're interested, please email him directly via his gmail: bjdworak.

Thanks,

~Bill

Thanks Bill. If you need to contact me for Wake my email is bjdworak at gmail dot com

Thanks a ton, really hope I can get a judging job.

EDIT: Again. This also serves as a bump.

I want to answer a few more general questions since I have a bit more feedback now.

1. We aren't really looking for a card cutter or distance coach at the moment. If you are interested in such a position, you can also contact me because we may or may not require such services in the near future.

2. We prefer policy experience. We do not have a "full service" debate team at this time although if you have extensive Parli experience, that may be useful to us.

To answer a neg rep I received. Yes I think these forums are very useful ESPECIALLY judging considering my target audience are college debaters who are current judges. Pacific is obvious considering Lowell is in the Pacific Region...I apologize to those who genuinely believe these threads are not annoying. I just need to get this hire done ASAP.

Please, if you are even remotely interested email me. I do not check cross-x as often as I used to. I want to get this position filled by mid-September or so and I already have a few candidates.

I know it is kind of late...

But I am available for hire to cut cards/coach and/or judge for the greenhill tournament. Able to do both policy/kritical work. Reasonable rates.

I am a second year debate at UNT and debated all four years of High School. In High School, won many local tournaments and speaker awards. In college made eliminations to several tournaments, including National Junior Division Debate Tournament. 6th speaker there.

I have transportation and lodging taken care of.

Rowedan@gmail.com

Edited by Rowedan

GBS is looking for policy judges for the Marquette tournament in Milwaukee on September 18-19. Pay is $210 for Friday afternoon/evening and Saturday. GBS will cover your hotel room Friday night. If you live in Chicago, you can ride with GBS - two leave times due to two vehicles going (1:30 and 2:30). Back in Glenview around 11:30 pm on Saturday night.

Email Tara if interested - ttate@glenbrook.k12.il.us

Tara

GBS

Name: Roger Copenhaver

Email: rogercopenh@gmail.com

Phone: 253 209 2331

Experiance:

3 years of debate both locally in western washington and nationally at Puyallup High School / now debating for Idaho State University

Availability: able to coach/judge/cut evidence as long as it does not run over a college tournament that I am attending (email me for my the college tournament dates I will be atteneding)

Preferances: Open to all types of arguments - will adjust to your school, however I specialize in the K debate - hense I am debating at ISU - but have experiance in all types of arguments and especially love case sepcific PIC's, Advantage CP's, and a good politics debate

Very open to negotations on a price as long as you fly me to where you need and I have a place to stay

Edited by rogercopenh

I am looking to pickup some rounds for St. Mark's. I am not scheduled to be there, but would like to do some judging there and would do so if offered the right price. If there is a team that is interested, let me know. I am willing to judge and scout, but I will not cut cards for you, I have my own teams that I do that for...

cjc

I'll be at Valley if anyone needs to hire an extra judge. I'd prefer policy but could judge LD if that's what you need. I'm traveling back on Monday on a bus with a bunch of MN teams, so whether I'm available for Monday rounds will depend on how far those teams go.

send me an email at ryanjricard at gmail dot com

I would like to work at New Trier. I can coach or just judge, cut cards, whatever.

I debated for 4 years at West High School, and now am debating at Northwestern.

If anyone needs a judge or wants additional help, let me know

can email me at jellobiafradk@gmail.com

Thanks!

Edited by WHSJello

Hey everyone,

My name is Michael Eisenstadt, I'm a junior at the University of Nevada Las Vegas, and I'm looking for some card-cutting/coaching/judging opportunities this season. I'm mostly interested in southern California tournaments (or less preferably northern California) and any mid-west tournaments (assuming my flight can be negotiated). I'm a very hard worker, I love debate, and I've been involved in it for about 7 years now. If a team cannot fly me out, I am willing to negotiate smaller terms of payment for long-distance coaching and card-cutting.

My e-mail address is Meeisenstadt@gmail.com

My best card-cutting abilities are used towards...

-Any uniqueness question

-Politics (Agenda or not agenda-related)

-Searching for PICs

I'm very willing to answer any other questions and/or provide references of my work/people who can describe it to anyone interested.

As for my competitiveness,

I've qualified for the NDT, gotten a few speaker awards here or there, but I'm not sure this is a good indication of research/judging ability, so any specific questions are welcomed.

I do, however, have previous coaching and leadership skills. I've been the president of my debate team (UNLV) for three years, held captainship positions for three out of four years of high school debating, and have coached several teams to large victories.

Thanks for hearing me out and the opportunity to help you,

Michael Eisenstadt

Sanford I. Berman Debate Forum

President

UNLV Class of 2011

***This message is not a representation of the University of Nevada Las Vegas or the Sanford I. Berman Debate Forum, and only represents the original poster.

Hello. My name is Connor Braman and I am willing to do card cutting/coach/judge for schools in the Utah/Nevada regions. I'm willing to work for very cheap.

Credentials:

I'm a freshman at BYU

I debated for four years at La Costa Canyon at was policy captain my senior year

I qualified for NFL Nationals

I was a quarterfinalist at the California State Tournament

I'm most likely going to be debating parli for BYU

I'll need teams to transport me to tournaments and have a place to stay.

I'm more comfortable with policy args, but can do any kind of card cutting you need.

email me at bramanc1@yahoo.com

Edited by Niloc

Hello all,

The University of Louisiana will have two judges or card cutters available for hiring at the St. Marks tournament. If anyone has any questions, a PM or email is welcomed, rcm5862-at-louisiana-dot-edu