Sign in to follow this  
DaBean

Novice Aff help

I am trying to decide what aff case to give my new novices for this year and what format would be the easiest for them to learn and read. They have already been instructed on the basics and funfamentals of debate, so I am sure that they will not have a problem with complex Solvency mechanisms. I was thinking about letting them run a water purification aff, but I was not sure what a good novice aff would be.

• Downvote 1

First, does the Novice division in your league focus on the stock issues? If so an easy aff to use is Malaria - Insecticide Treated Nets. HUGE Harms/Advantages. Decent inherency. Gets out of the common Spending DA as it's $4-$5 a net and actually cost-effective in the long run by killing mosquitoes. Pretty kickin' solvency too. Go to the JEDI camp file and get the Malaria Aff/Neg Core.

Water for the Poor Act is the aff our novices used this year, it worked well. It's pretty good, easy to understand, and there's plenty of clash to be had on stock issues alone with Dev/PH T, whether Omnibus makes it un-inherent, and solvency in general. So yea, I guess water purification works. But lifestraws/packets are just bad affs IMO.

Landmines is a solid novice case too, especially when you go to tournaments where the judges in novice arent the most intellectual, it has a really good moral story to it. Can you say blow people up!! It worked well for my novices

biotech and the condoms aff, worked petty good our novices. They were easier than landmines and water. I am a novice who competed on varsity and thought the GGR aff was easy to understand and argue.

Landmines is a solid novice case too, especially when you go to tournaments where the judges in novice arent the most intellectual, it has a really good moral story to it. Can you say blow people up!! It worked well for my novices

what a bump!

Sign in to follow this