Sign in to follow this  
ihatelayjudges

concepts for off-the-wall kritiks

i enjoy kritiks that people don't generally like. they migh call them stupid, and generally these kritiks serve mainly to please the reader. i expect to get neg repped from people who say i'm wasting their time, but if anyone can think of an idea for a kritik that's a little crazy (like an islamophobia k or something) i would be happy for this and i'd be willing to send any requesters a copy of the finished products. please don't give me neg rep just because i asked for something you don't enjoy.

• Downvote 2

have you ever heard of invisible pink unicorns? i did a bit of information digging on them last year, its pretty interesting. its more of a full fledged religion than an argument, it even has its own rendition of the bible. an idea was conceived that it could be used as a kritik of logic of sorts. you know, the whole idea of being invisible AND a pink unicorn is pretty impossible, lol.

have you heard of this before or are interested at all? lol its pretty ridiculous

Not necessarily a wacky K, but you could read normativity on the aff and see some funny reactions.

You could read Norm on the neg and it still easily qualifies as an "off-the-wall" position....

have you ever heard of invisible pink unicorns? i did a bit of information digging on them last year, its pretty interesting. its more of a full fledged religion than an argument, it even has its own rendition of the bible. an idea was conceived that it could be used as a kritik of logic of sorts. you know, the whole idea of being invisible AND a pink unicorn is pretty impossible, lol.

I think you heavily misconstrue the Invisible Pink Unicorn.

He did. Both are works in which he investigates society's concern for truth values. He contends that the liar is concerned about the truth because s/he seeks to obfuscate it, while the bullshitter has no regard for truth or falsity at all, and is therefore the greater enemy of truth. The second essay is new, while the first is from a 1986 journal article.

write a kritik of timelimits. It basically says that limiting the any team on the amount of time in which they can speak is restricting creative freedom or something like that. Read it first in the 1AC as a Kritik of debate and then read 5 Affirmative cases, because you don't have a time limit. :)

• Downvote 1

write a kritik of timelimits. It basically says that limiting the any team on the amount of time in which they can speak is restricting creative freedom or something like that. Read it first in the 1AC as a Kritik of debate and then read 5 Affirmative cases, because you don't have a time limit. :)

I've actually heard of that being done. The AC was 8 minutes of going over the time limit good and then kept reading, but then the NC was 15 minutes of theory.

marquis de sades sounds interesting, can you clarify? and also i hate the invisible pink unicorn K and Aff. I rank it somewhere between china DA and George clooney CP (i wrote george clooney CP)

The Gregorian Calender Kritik :)

It explains how the affirmative's use of the Gregorian Calender separates us from the natural order, which underlies all harms and culminates in extinction and/or ontological damnation. The alt is to use the 13 moons calender (and you can find a program that translates all of your dates into the 13 moons date on Google so you don't link). It's pretty hilarious (albeit, terrible).

Why not a critique written by the self-proclaimed genious himself. You can win every qualification throw down and it would suffice to be a beautiful K of debate.

Time Cube Specification perhaps? -something that evolves into a K in the block.

marquis de sades sounds interesting, can you clarify? and also i hate the invisible pink unicorn K and Aff. I rank it somewhere between china DA and George clooney CP (i wrote george clooney CP)

I would assume it would be some sort of "law bad" argument.

The Gregorian Calender Kritik :)

It explains how the affirmative's use of the Gregorian Calender separates us from the natural order, which underlies all harms and culminates in extinction and/or ontological damnation. The alt is to use the 13 moons calender (and you can find a program that translates all of your dates into the 13 moons date on Google so you don't link). It's pretty hilarious (albeit, terrible).

Such a shitty, shitty K though.

One of the best K's I've ever run was the Church of Suicide/Malthus K. It basically said that the world would end TOMORROW unless the AFF specifically prevented it in their plan and that our timeframe was closer than theirs so any advantages they claimed were null and void. Our CP was to have 80% of the worlds population commit suicide RIGHT NOW, which usually solved most of the AFF's case anyway. We rarely lost with that case.

Another great case on the college circuit that I heard of was UCLA (or some other Ca school) running the "Gay K" which graphically depicted homosexual rape in an Egyptian prison and said that if the judge or other debaters were shocked or offended by that they were stuck in a hetero-normal mindset and they we as a culture must break that before we can try to deal with any other problem. Another team countered by depicting prison rape in a US prison, which they claimed was better because they soaked up all the hetero-normativity plus critiqued a problem actually going on in our culture.

The second team won.

Another great case on the college circuit that I heard of was UCLA (or some other Ca school) running the "Gay K" which graphically depicted homosexual rape in an Egyptian prison and said that if the judge or other debaters were shocked or offended by that they were stuck in a hetero-normal mindset...

Yes... it's clear that being shocked by prison rape is hetero-normative. :rolleyes: I'm unclear as to why being disturbed by rape implies that I have to view straight sexuality as being "normal" and queer sexuality as being "deviant"

One of the best K's I've ever run was the Church of Suicide/Malthus K. It basically said that the world would end TOMORROW unless the AFF specifically prevented it in their plan and that our timeframe was closer than theirs so any advantages they claimed were null and void. Our CP was to have 80% of the worlds population commit suicide RIGHT NOW, which usually solved most of the AFF's case anyway. We rarely lost with that case.

links of ommision are "awesome"

I think you heavily misconstrue the Invisible Pink Unicorn.

not really

1. i wasnt going for an in depth explanation

2. i think i was i pretty spot on. it CAN be used as a logic K seeing as how it is the epitome of uncertainty (being pink and invisible) the invisible pink unicorn is also a mock of religion of sorts seeing as how on one of the sites someone actually recreated alot of the stories from the bible and it makes jokes about other religions quite frequently

3. if i am wrong, in what ways could i be more clear?

4. its IPU...i think if i was misunderstood Her Pinkness would very much appreciate that, lol

i beat i don't know how many space cases with the kritik of gravity. it's essentially the hollow-earth hypothesis without all the crazy dinosaurs and shit.

the strat was t, gravity k, spending disad, global warming disad and solvency. they'd spend so much time on the gravity k that spending and warming were cake. the solvency was usually a wash.