Sign in to follow this  
Guest fizelly27

Neg Strats against GGR aff

take pha money from another form of aid, dont increase spending

ex:

take money from food aid budget

food aid bad

Gotcha. I wouldn't imagine the links for offsets on this case would be any better than another PHA plan.

take pha money from another form of aid, dont increase spending

ex:

take money from food aid budget

food aid bad

That loses to perm: do the counterplan.

I think offsets in context of the ggr isn't taking money from a different budget, but rather to remove the gag rule without increasing aid. solves all the reasons why the ggr is bad and avoids your disads.

I think offsets in context of the ggr isn't taking money from a different budget, but rather to remove the gag rule without increasing aid. solves all the reasons why the ggr is bad and avoids your disads.

truth

I saw a pretty good team running this aff, and a BUNCH of 1AC evidence said that INCREASED aid was critical to solving the advantage. That means just repealing wouldn't solve.

I saw a pretty good team running this aff, and a BUNCH of 1AC evidence said that INCREASED aid was critical to solving the advantage. That means just repealing wouldn't solve.

not when offsets solves through fill-in. Lots of ev saying other countries will provide the aid necessary. Also, you can run development or other K's as a net benefit to answer their obligation to aid arguments.

Gotcha. I wouldn't imagine the links for offsets on this case would be any better than another PHA plan.

The way I was thinking of it was an offsets cp where you reallocate funding for abstinence programs to family planning to NGOs that promote abortion. It works better on this case because Gag Rule is one of the few cases that just increases funding

Sign in to follow this