Sign in to follow this  
Justin Green

Wildcat Debate Workshop 2008 (Kansas State)

Hello Kansas Debaters and Coaches,

The Kansas State Debate Team is proud to announce the 2008 Wildcat Debate Workshop. http://www.k-state.edu/debate/camp.html

Quality Instruction and Evidence

Every debater will receive all of the evidence in word processor documents allowing you to re-block and re-tag evidence. All of our research is guided by a faculty member increasing its quality.

Track Record of Success

Every debater that attended the WDW in 2007 won over 50% of their debates. We have had mutliple attendees qualify for Nationals and perform well at the state competitions.

Practice Debating

Will start on the first day. We offer numerous opportunities to give practie speeches. Attendees will average a debate a day. The two week and three week attendees will also experience a tournament at the institute.

Staff

In addition to the return of Justin Green, Sarah Snider and Dan Stout, who combine for over 50 years of competitive debate experience, the WDW is proud to announce the addition of Beth Mendenhall, formerly of St Thomas Aquinas and now KSU debate AND ALEX PARKINSON, formerly of Olathe Northwest and now with Harvard University.

Scholarships and Discounts

The WDW is proud to announce the inaugural year of the McCollum Scholarship. This is a 100% scholarship offered to one debater from Kansas who would not otherwise be able to attend institute. It can qualify for up to three weeks. We are very grateful to the McCollum family. Additional scholarships of up to 50% will be awarded to others based upon need and availability. There are also returning student discounts, partner discounts, and multiple attendees from the same school discounts.

Please direct questions or concerns to kstatedebate@gmail.com

Looking forward to seeing you this Summer.

Justin Green

Director WDW and KSU Debate

• Upvote 1

I'll probablly be back.

Kyle, Guitar Hero or Rock Band this year?

Personally, Rock band is so much better.

KSU works! I hope all from last year will be back and many more will come. This saturday I placed second at the Lincoln East tournament in Nebraska, maverick. Along with mutiple other awards this year including Quarterfinalist at KCKCC toc bid and Westside toc bid. I would highly recommend this camp to everyone.

If anyone has any questions about the camp please PM me.

Mendenhall? Christ, camps will hire anybody these days. :)

They were going to hire a chimp, but dormitory restrictions wouldn't allow it. Gustaf was so disappointed when we had to take him back to the zoo. Maybe next year.

They were going to hire a chimp, but dormitory restrictions wouldn't allow it. Gustaf was so disappointed when we had to take him back to the zoo. Maybe next year.

When did my name become Gustaf?

When did my name become Gustaf?

derek ziegler - great addition to the KState Debate team.

he keeps us parasite free and always has a bunch of bananas to share.

derek ziegler - great addition to the KState Debate team.

he keeps us parasite free and always has a bunch of bananas to share.

Derek Ziegler smells magnificent. I had to travel all the way down and back to Houston with him for CFL last year. Possibly the most pleasant experience of my life. Unfortunately, we only put two people in the back seat of the suburban.

He graciously took the Gameboy from me, allowing to focus my efforts on congress prep. I was so gonna beat Castlevania on the way down there, but Derek knew better.

~fixed. (dziegler)

I have to say, WDW probably was the turning point in my debate career. It brings out the best in debaters and opens the doors to further improvement even after camp ends. Not only does WDW give you the neccessary tools and skills to win a whole bunch, you also leave with some sentimental memories that you'll never forget. (plus there's a DDR machine in the student union for those who arn't totally brainwashed with the whole rockband/guitar hero thingy). I loved WDW so much that I'll most likely debate w/KState next year. Moral of story is that you should attend this camp. Good idea.

No Tom, i wont go to prom with you.

That's because you're going with me.

im SO pissed at you right now kyle

I seriously hate all of you.

What will John Grice's level of involvement with the camp be? It had better be really really high.

John Grice, or Gricey-Face as he is known around the KSU Debate Squad room, will be serving as camp jester.

That's obviously a position I made up, and I have no authority or knowledge on the matter anyway. I just wanted everyone else to start calling him "gricey-face". Also acceptable: "gricey-pants"