x-sHaLoTt-x

inexpensive camps

its time to think about camp again and this year my parents are a lot more reluctant in letting me go and spend $2500 on a decent camp so im wondering if there are any good camps that either A) Give a crapload of financial aid or B) are really cheap.

im aware there are tons of camps that are inexpensive yet the quality of the instruction there is rather terrible so im looking for something a little imbetween thats relatively close to houston.

cameron is a good bang for the buck. they dont have their 2008 stuff up yet, but here is the site. and at cameron your talking hundreds and not thousands of dollars.

Not in the Houston area, but WFI is inexpensive with great instruction. I don't think they have a site for the 2008 camp yet, but it's definitely one you might consider if you want top-quality instruction for a reasonable price. Last year, the 2 week was about $650 and the three week, $950. Here is the 2007 site, which should give you some idea what the camp might be like: http://outreach.uwyo.edu/conferences/forensics/

That doesn't tell us how much you make/how many hours you work.

Just give us a number.

sorry about being unclear

about 15-20 hours a week at about 7.50

what can i afford with a minuimum salary job at mcdonalds in which i start in early march? + about 200 bucks?

Any camp approximately from 2000$ to 2600$ according to your min/max youre making and assuming you start working first week in March and stop 3rd week in June.

Choices of camp could be:

http://debate.msu.edu/23week.html

http://www.michigandebate.com/institutemndigeneral.cfm

http://www2.ku.edu/~coms3/camp/index.shtml

http://debate.dartmouth.edu/Workshops/ddw.php with some financial aid

Any of these would be reasonable considering youre in NY, but if youre willing to travel I know WFI, UTNIF, and Gonzaga all have cheap 3/4 week camps in your price range.

what can i afford with a minuimum salary job at mcdonalds in which i start in early march? + about 200 bucks?

Wyoming Forensics Institutute

Since you seem to be a freshman, I suggest you save your money, possibly for next year.

I didn't go to camp after my freshman year, my partner has only been to camp once (after soph year) - we're both seniors.

Since you seem to be a freshman, I suggest you save your money, possibly for next year.

I didn't go to camp after my freshman year, my partner has only been to camp once (after soph year) - we're both seniors.

is that directed at me?

if so, im a junior.

• Downvote 1

I'm really surprised UNT hasn't been mentioned. It's fairly inexpensive, in Texas (low travel costs), and has some outstanding faculty (Antonucci, Kuntal, Calum Matheson, etc.). I have numerous friends who've attended and none have been disappointed.

thanks a lot for the feedback guys, im thinking Wyoming but i have the strong feeling i won't be going.

Saving my money, i realized, may be a more solid option due to the distance from home some camps are (parents thing)

Ok, in all seriousness, if you want the best camp for the best cost, check out MSDI or KU.

MSDI was 400 for a 2 week commuter last year and they are hosting a 3 week this year, you should really check it out.

its time to think about camp again and this year my parents are a lot more reluctant in letting me go and spend $2500 on a decent camp so im wondering if there are any good camps that either A) Give a crapload of financial aid or B) are really cheap.

im aware there are tons of camps that are inexpensive yet the quality of the instruction there is rather terrible so im looking for something a little imbetween thats relatively close to houston.

Samford in Alabama is like 1000 bucks and is absolutely spectacular.

thanks a lot for the feedback guys, im thinking Wyoming but i have the strong feeling i won't be going.

Saving my money, i realized, may be a more solid option due to the distance from home some camps are (parents thing)

This is honestly the best time to go to camp, I went after my freshman year and it rocked my world. Traveling there is also pretty cheap, I think flights are like 200 and shuttle is 25. Don't wait if you have the ability to go next year, no camp isn't necessary but yes, it does help a tremendous amout if you show up with the right attitude.