Sign in to follow this  
TimCedcdn

NFL District Tournament

When are the district tournaments in Kansas City?

Any chance that they're around the first or second week in March?

Someone let me know. And let me know who I should get in touch with to judge.

Heart of America debate districts are February 29th and March 1st at Liberty High School

Chris Adams is in the tournament chair, her email is Cadams@indep.k12.mo.us

i'm not sure who's in charge of judges but she will tell you who to contact

Kyle,

You and the SIU boys, and anyone else who wants to kick it with Yunker and myself for the weekend should be at Blue Springs HS on Feb. 29th and Mar. 1st for Show-Me Debate Districts. If you are lucky, you might even get a duo round or two - oh joy! Anyway, Show-Me is hosting the three debates and duo on the 29/1 weekend, and all other IEs on the 7/8 weekend - both at BSHS. As an FYI, Congress will be on the 28/29 of March, also at BSHS.

Also, Show-Me is increasing their pay for hired judges - a whopping $11 per round. I don't know who is doing judges for sure (jobs for coaches at districts will be released here in the next couple of days, or so I am told), but if anyone is interested in judging at a tournament where they will make every attempt to use qualified judges for policy rounds, email me - dmiller@pembrokehill.org - and I will make certain that your information gets to the right person and that they get in touch with you.

Thanks to anyone who is considering coming. We would love to have you help KCMO send the debaters that will best represent us to Nats in Vegas.

- Miller

• Downvote 1

Kyle,

You and the SIU boys, and anyone else who wants to kick it with Yunker and myself for the weekend should be at Blue Springs HS on Feb. 29th and Mar. 1st for Show-Me Debate Districts. - Miller

We called him first Dougie Fresh, bring all those flows to Heart of America!!

Kyle,

go to show-me and please torment Yunkie McYunk Yunk for me.

still wondering why i'm on this site,

Eric

I'm wondering why I decided to call Yunker Yunkie McYunk Yunk so many years ago.

Kyle,

You and the SIU boys, and anyone else who wants to kick it with Yunker and myself for the weekend should be at Blue Springs HS on Feb. 29th and Mar. 1st for Show-Me Debate Districts. If you are lucky, you might even get a duo round or two - oh joy! Anyway, Show-Me is hosting the three debates and duo on the 29/1 weekend, and all other IEs on the 7/8 weekend - both at BSHS. As an FYI, Congress will be on the 28/29 of March, also at BSHS.

Also, Show-Me is increasing their pay for hired judges - a whopping $11 per round. I don't know who is doing judges for sure (jobs for coaches at districts will be released here in the next couple of days, or so I am told), but if anyone is interested in judging at a tournament where they will make every attempt to use qualified judges for policy rounds, email me - dmiller@pembrokehill.org - and I will make certain that your information gets to the right person and that they get in touch with you.

Thanks to anyone who is considering coming. We would love to have you help KCMO send the debaters that will best represent us to Nats in Vegas.

- Miller

This is basically Doug saying "Don't let this year be the 20th year in a row shitty judges have sent at least one bad team to nationals" Except Doug is too nice top go around saying things like that. : )

Pokemon For Life

I'm also wondering how I ended up with a pint of jim beam for hanging out with a certain female so many years ago.

When you said this, something in my mind clicked, but I didn't figure it out.

Does this thread have anyting to do with it? Because I really don't know what this is about? http://www.cross-x.com/vb/showthread.php?t=32493&highlight=Ray-Pec

I'm scheduled to judge the HoA tournament for those of you who care. If I get stuck in some shitty rounds I'll hit up the Show-Me District.

I'll judge either HOA or Show-Me. Which one is closer to Topeka and who will pay me more?

Show-Me is the answer for both questions.

I'm scheduled to judge the HoA tournament for those of you who care. If I get stuck in some shitty rounds I'll hit up the Show-Me District.

Or you could not bitch, accept the money you're getting paid and help HoA out.

hahaha, i was kidding, I am guaranteed policy rounds and I am being hired by a school so i couldn't ditch. Calm down there big cat.

Show-Me is the answer for both questions.
It is? Where is Show Me being held? Raytown and Lee's Summit are about equally as far from Topeka as Liberty (where HOA is being held), and Blue Springs is a little farther...

It is? Where is Show Me being held? Raytown and Lee's Summit are about equally as far from Topeka as Liberty (where HOA is being held), and Blue Springs is a little farther...

Blue Springs HS is where districts are being held.

• Upvote 1

I assume you have to be one or two years out of high school to judge?

Two years out is the rule...at least for HOA