Sign in to follow this  
CXpwnsLD

Joplin 2008

Shawnee Mission West is the team that took 2nd place at NFL nationals last year. I sincerely doubt that this team will travel to Joplin for a tournament, however, I guess I could be wrong. If they do, I doubt it will be Weiner...

I just spoke with Wedge; She said that Shawnee Mission West had two teams in Policy.

Shawnee Mission West is the team that took 2nd place at NFL nationals last year. I sincerely doubt that this team will travel to Joplin for a tournament, however, I guess I could be wrong. If they do, I doubt it will be Weiner...

Read please. I wasn't refuting your claims. I'll stick with the fact that I sincerely doubt that Weiner will travel to Joplin though. Sincerely doubt still leaves room for error, however.

Read please. I wasn't refuting your claims. I'll stick with the fact that I sincerely doubt that Weiner will travel to Joplin though. Sincerely doubt still leaves room for error, however.

I apologize for my post, as it must have sounded like I was saying "Lol, you're wrong.". I was merely responding to what you said by reporting on what I had asked Wedge about.

BCam - I'm sure that kevin and I are ready for the slimeyistass lay no speed no cp no k republican bullshit debate tournament ever... i actually have been watching sean hannity videos nonstop for like a week just to get ready...

but if you were talking about a throwdown between kevin and myself about how he doesn't know who SMW is... i don't know... we'll have to see

kevin - 5:30

and we won't suck it up because you don't even look up a team that everyone else obviously knows (that could be like... the kin of jesus or some shit) before you say you don't know them, we'll suck it up because you suck...

jk

Weiner/Malcolm won't be there, but two of our other teams will be. Not that we weren't up for some awesome CP-K-Speed-free debate, but a conflict came up and Taylor can't go. So everyone was a little bit right? (Or a little bit wrong, depending...)

I'm sure that kevin and I are ready for the slimeyistass lay no speed no cp no k republican bullshit debate tournament ever...

you suck...

so i don't know if anyone else thought this was funny but i laughed...hard.

the team that 4th, is still in the state (Nick Ramsey/Evan Dorhorst) and they compete at MO tournament. Why is it inconceivable? I don't think there's any reason to stir up trouble.

I don't understand why you guys won't run CP in front of lays. If you articulate it properly AND clearly as simply a different advocacy, it can be very strategic.

I don't understand why you guys won't run CP in front of lays. If you articulate it properly AND clearly as simply a different advocacy, it can be very strategic.

'

Zain, its not that we don't want to run them, its just that the tourney rules say we lose if we do.

Who will the SMW teams be than?

after hearing ourselves run that ridiculous speed k at parkview i started wondering just how fast was 'speed'. i had my coach email travis and ask him what his deal was with the speed thing and just how fast 'speed' is...

his response was that 'speed is when a non flow judge cannot flow main points and contentions'. he went on to say that 'the nfl actually looks down on and condemns speed, counterplans, and kritiks and i agree. so that's how i run my tournament'.

my coach sent this reply: "whatever"

at districts we hit a joplin team that responded to a cp by saying, "it..it, it's just an opposite plan!"

phil travis can barely feed himself

UPDATE:

As Ben Gentry is ill and thus unable to attend, our teams have been modified.

Griffin/Campbell remains, however, our second team is now Price/Walden

so for some reason Nixa's A def Shawnee Mission A/B? in finals on a 3-0

shawnee mission kids care to explain?

It was a good round. We dropped because we didn't convince the panel of our position/that our plan was workable. The judges' decisions were justified, and we have no problem with it.

Congrats to Nixa A, they deserved it. Great job.

• Downvote 2

outrounds looked something like this...

Quarters:

Truman A def. Lee's summit A (3-0)

Kickapoo A def. Parkview A (2-1?)

SMW A def. i think Nixa B??

Nixa A def. ??

Semis:

SMW A def. Truman A (2-1)

Nixa A def. Kickapoo A (??)

Finals:

Nixa A def SMW A

Congrats to everyone that broke at this tournament. It was good to see most the springfield kids again (brynden and joel where were you!?!?). Congrats to Nixa A for winning. And thanks to melanie and leigha for a good sem's round...stock issues is always the best debate haha darned judges.

outrounds looked something like this...

Quarters:

Truman A def. Lee's summit A (3-0)

Kickapoo A def. Parkview A (2-1?)

SMW A def. i think Nixa B??

Nixa A def. ??

Semis:

SMW A def. Truman A (2-1)

Nixa A def. Kickapoo A (??)

Finals:

Nixa A def SMW A

Congrats to everyone that broke at this tournament. It was good to see most the springfield kids again (brynden and joel where were you!?!?). Congrats to Nixa A for winning. And thanks to melanie and leigha for a good sem's round...stock issues is always the best debate haha darned judges.

The quarters ballot count was 3-2 for K-poo and P-view... The most classic moment... well, there were many, was when they announced we won in awards but it turns out they mistabbed and kpoo won. How do you mistab quarters? lol oh well

Also, on top of that in our oral critique after the round, one of the judges said Inherency and Harms are more important than evaluating the consequences of the policy. Then my cart broke.

Sadness

Thank you to Hunter and Emily for a good round as well as Melanie and Leigha.

Also, on top of that in our oral critique after the round, one of judges said dropped disads aren't voting issues. WTF?! Another judge also said Inherency and Harms are more important than evaluating the consequences of the policy. Then my cart broke.

Sadness

Yey for "flows"

Being angry about the decision of a round suggests that you had expectations that round would be judged on a certain set of criteria you have outlined in your head. Why would you ever expect that?

• Downvote 1

Being angry about the decision of a round suggests that you had expectations that round would be judged on a certain set of criteria you have outlined in your head. Why would you ever expect that?

I guess I'm just a fucking idiot, my bad.

How surprising...

It was a good round. We dropped because we didn't convince the panel of our position/that our plan was workable. The judges' decisions were justified, and we have no problem with it.

Congrats to Nixa A, they deserved it. Great job.

was the panel all lays?

yes, they were three judges who said that they had judged a few rounds before finals but had limited experience with debate outside of those rounds.

it was definitely a great round though. Congrats to nixa!

• Downvote 1

yes, they were three judges who said that they had judged a few rounds before finals but had limited experience with debate outside of those rounds.

The best kind of judge...