Immortal Technique

impact calc?

no...but it sounds like time you could be spending reading more arguments. if youre going like one off k or something, then go for it. but otherwise its probably not worth it. although theres probably nothing wrong with it

It commits you too early. Spend that time reading another internal link to your disad or something. The block is where the impact calculus should be made, after the 2ac has laid down their cards and it makes the 1ar that much harder.

The block is where the impact calculus should be made, after the 2ac has laid down their cards and it makes the 1ar that much harder.

I fully agree. 1NC time is too precious and impact calcs are well suited for the top of the 2NC because it gives you a good offensive base for the rest of your speech.

The only time you should preempt impact calc in the 1NC is if you think they're going to K the shit out of you in the 2AC. Then maybe a couple of cards that give you leverage on the framework debate could be beneficial. (but even then you're giving away your 2NC strategy which could potentially be damning. If the 2AC concedes it though, it puts you in a great place)

The only time you should preempt impact calc in the 1NC is if you think they're going to K the shit out of you in the 2AC. Then maybe a couple of cards that give you leverage on the framework debate could be beneficial. (but even then you're giving away your 2NC strategy which could potentially be damning. If the 2AC concedes it though, it puts you in a great place)

that seems more like framework to me, but you can really call it whatever you want - i think if you know the 2ac is reading Lipschutz or something then put a mearsheimer of jarvis card into the 1nc, but i still dont think thats too strategic, just out spread the 1ar on that debate

that seems more like framework to me, but you can really call it whatever you want - i think if you know the 2ac is reading Lipschutz or something then put a mearsheimer of jarvis card into the 1nc, but i still dont think thats too strategic, just out spread the 1ar on that debate

yeah, I just meant that framework is key to a successfully weighing your impacts. You're right thought - spreading out the 1AR is a pretty solid strat.