>>===>

The Lewis and Clark

Norfolk, NE will be sending some teams. For sure, Fitzgerald/Wilcox in the JV division and Calkins/Koehler in the novice division. As for varsity, it looks like my partner would rather sit at home and be lazy, so we probably won't be sending a VCX team.

I was considering going, but now that there's a "The" in the tournament name, I'm not sure if our school is prestigious enough to attend.

Headquarters? Are there actually headquarters this year? Years previous, people just sat in the commons or wandered the halls.

Norfolk, NE will be sending some teams. For sure, Fitzgerald/Wilcox in the JV division and Calkins/Koehler in the novice division. As for varsity, it looks like my partner would rather sit at home and be lazy, so we probably won't be sending a VCX team.

You'd better be there. Gotta roll thug style. Go Pats.

Ryan, why don't you just pull up a novice?

Don't know. I guess I could but this probably isn't the best tournament to do that just because of what the stylistic preferences tend to be in South Dakota.

You'd better be there. Gotta roll thug style. Go Pats.

I'll be there, but I won't be debating. Fuck the Pats.

Don't know. I guess I could but this probably isn't the best tournament to do that just because of what the stylistic preferences tend to be in South Dakota.

I actually think this would be a great tournament to do that because of the stylistic preferences. They will be exposed to varsity level argumentation, and thus have to make varsity level counter-arguments, without having the difficulties of flowing speed or responding to types of arguments they aren't familiar with (ie Ks and/or fiat framework debate). Give it some consideration.

I actually think this would be a great tournament to do that because of the stylistic preferences. They will be exposed to varsity level argumentation, and thus have to make varsity level counter-arguments, without having the difficulties of flowing speed or responding to types of arguments they aren't familiar with (ie Ks and/or fiat framework debate). Give it some consideration.

so there is no speed or criticisms ran in south dakota?

• Downvote 3

That isnt what he was saying at all. The general trend is slower, more stock issues based, less critical. Nothing is wrong with that, yes there are debaters in SD who debate fast and critical, he was just referring to what most rounds would be like when compared to the NE debate that they are used to.

Zack covered the basis of what I was trying to say. I wasn't saying there is absolutely no speed or critiques in SD, just that it isn't the norm. True, right? Also, it should be noted that my post lacked any negative connotation about this style of debate and it specifically complimented your (South Dakotans) argument quality here: "They will be exposed to varsity level argumentation, and thus have to make varsity level counter-arguments"

So, relax. I'm not interested in starting any sort of pissing contest. I appreciate both "dialects" of policy debate. I'm simply trying to encourage my former school to do what they can to enter a varsity team in the tournament.

Where's the pre-game report? I hope the writer's guild strike hasn't crept it's way into cross-x.

ROFLPIMP I have a bunch of homework to do and maybe that added to my state of mind but this gave me a long laugh! Thanks and declare yourself this weekend, please! I will buy you a soda-pop at the concessions!

declare yourself this weekend, please! I will buy you a soda-pop at the concessions!

I'm Brett Kearin! I want a pop! I want a pop!

Note: it's Kearin....not Kearnin, the preferred Grimsley spelling.

• Downvote 1

I'm Brett Kearin! I want a pop! I want a pop!

Note: it's Kearin....not Kearnin, the preferred Grimsley spelling.

I had 28 people claim that I owe them a soda pop!