Mattythekid

The Novice Thread. By novices, for novices.

What I've learned this year:

Do not go into a round unorganized

Fl0w paper = God

LOL... definitely the first two i had to learn... without flow, you are screwed.... and organization can be good (bad to have just random aff block papers all in your tub/on the table... ;)

yeah.

And when you run out of paper, flow on the back of cards

luckly, i never had to do that.. would just ask my partner for some paper (she always seemed to have some excess paper)...(_8^(|)

or what works somewhat (haven't attempted it yet), is to just steal opponent's cards.. XD... although i have written a crap load of stuff on someone's Imperialism K cards... luckily i erased my answers :S:

or what works somewhat (haven't attempted it yet), is to just steal opponent's cards.. XD... although i have written a crap load of stuff on someone's Imperialism K cards... luckily i erased my answers :S:

my coach did that one year, and i told him off about that, he didnt do anything tho

ok, for next years topic i need to make a disad, any help would be appreciated

oil good, plan stops economic benefit of oil companys

politics

(X is good, some oil company republican (bush) hates plan, won't pass X bill as retaliation, X bill key to something)

:( sadly i have not yet learned

lol, well you will, like it took me awhile, I was THE last person to learn how to do it. But it looks prettiest when I do it so HA! Btw, any1 know about some good camps? Like I'll probably go 2 UT, but......................idk.

• Downvote 1

ok, for next years topic i need to make a disad, any help would be appreciated

well something I was thinking about was like a DA that says we'd become dependent on solar power, hydra, etc. and that @ the point we do we allow China to be the only "power buyer" in oil from OPEC, and thus China rises. Which of course China rising is bad. NUC WAR!!!!!!

What I've learned this year:

Suck up to varsity and your coach

Do not flirt with other schools

Speech and Debate drama is a joke

Do not go into a round unorganized

Fl0w paper = God

Try to watch and flow rounds when you don't double.

Look over a new case before you run it!

Do not try to sit in the back of the bus with all the varsity members on your first tourney.

Pencils, no pens! My cases are covered in smuges and now worthless notes.

Remain calm during your first Varsity round.

Actually you don't use pencils bcuz it smuges, allow the pen ink to dry its quite simple. Besides don't we love G2s?!?!?!!?

Btw, any1 know about some good camps? Like I'll probably go 2 UT, but......................idk.

Good choice, UTNIF is awesome.

Hey I am new to Cross-X.com. I was a Novice this year, did pretty well, but I am out of practice for debate, it's been awhile since my last speed drills and such. The new topic for next year, I was curious, anyone know the exact wording of the resolution?

Touch

"The United States Federal Government should increase alternative energy

incentives in the united states."

i think thats about right

Thanks Matt, that helps.

For some reason I didn't recall the word "incentive" in there, so that will help me out a lot. Gah so much debate work to be done before next year, I'm going to be screwed as a Varsity Debater.

Touch