Zak_Black

Omnibus bill- how it affects debate.

No it apparently is. It was given ~80 million in funding. The solvency evidence says that billions are needed

just wondering...has anyone heard any updates on this water business? i've only found one article online (from the card posted here) that even mentions the $300 mil...much less that bush has authorized the bill

just wondering...has anyone heard any updates on this water business? i've only found one article online (from the card posted here) that even mentions the $300 mil...much less that bush has authorized the bill

The actual omnibus spending bill says $300 million. A link to the bill is earlier in the thread.

"That of the funds appropriated in this Act, not less than $300,000,000 shall be made available for safe drinking water and sanitation supply projects, including water management related to safe drinking water and sanitation, only to implement the Senator Paul Simon Water for the Poor Act of 2005 (Public Law 109-121), of which not less than $125,000,000 should be made available for such projects in Africa"

"That of the funds appropriated in this Act, not less than $300,000,000 shall be made available for safe drinking water and sanitation supply projects, including water management related to safe drinking water and sanitation, only to implement the Senator Paul Simon Water for the Poor Act of 2005 (Public Law 109-121), of which not less than $125,000,000 should be made available for such projects in Africa"

Is this enough to take out the water aff? I thought most plans called for billions not a tiny 125 mil...

Is the global fund really uninherent...do you have a link or cards or something...also there are still sources (such as the WHO) that says billions are needed to solve water problems

No cases are really considered un-inherent because of this bill. Just because we spent money doesn't mean that water is now suddenly 100% clean, or that AIDS no longer exists. Besides, only a portion is even going to Africa. Even if the amount of money sent is significant, we won't see any improvements in the quality of Africa for a while anyways.

i know that many articles were written about the ineffectiveness of the funding that was passed and i need that for inherency. does anyone have it?

• Upvote 1

i know that many articles were written about the ineffectiveness of the funding that was passed and i need that for inherency. does anyone have it?

It's already ineffective? You would think it would need some time to kick in...

• Upvote 1

most people just claim that more money than was given is necessary, like in the billions.

Why, congress, why. My precious water aff is NU.

I won rounds with those cards tho :)

It is not N/U. There is no guarateed solvency for Omnibus. Aditionally, Only a verysmall portion of it actually goes to Africa, and only a small portion of that gets to water. The entire crisis of Sub Saharan water filth cannot be solved solely by that bill. Just tweak your case to spin off of the 'new' status quo.