AznDebatr

Class of 2008 College Thread

Rohan Sadagopal, Edina

I've been accepted by all the schools I've applied to that I've heard back from so far (which aren't the most exclusive).

I'll be either going to University of St. Thomas, Macalester (still waiting), or University of Minnesota (still waiting). I might debate.

Trinity University (accepted)

Gonzaga University (accepted)

Miami University (accepted)

University of Mary Washington (accepted)

University of Richmond (wait listed)

Are there any debaters headed to Cornell University in the Fall?

Who'd go to Cornell?! Columbia all the way!

Hahah just playin', Zain. Congrats for breaking at CEDA dude.

Also, if any of you all are planning to attend Columbia and want to debate, PM me.

Thanks.

Acceptances (not ranked)

U of Pittsburgh

Carnegie Mellon

Duke

Georgia Tech

Northwestern

U of Michigan (Ann Arbor)

U of Illinois (Urbana)

USC

Waiting for Cornell U

I got rejected from Harvard and waitlisted at Dartmouth.

I will probably be going to Cornell Engineering

Acceptances (not ranked)

U of Pittsburgh

Carnegie Mellon

Duke

Georgia Tech

Northwestern

U of Michigan (Ann Arbor)

U of Illinois (Urbana)

USC

Waiting for Cornell U

NIIICE!!! Congrats Lee!!

Who'd go to Cornell?! Columbia all the way!

Hahah just playin', Zain. Congrats for breaking at CEDA dude.

Also, if any of you all are planning to attend Columbia and want to debate, PM me.

Thanks.

Thanks man! I think, by the looks of this thread we're gonna see some new debaters at Cornell next year.

Is there debate at Columbia? I thought it was still a coalition. Princeton anyone?

Yea, there definitely is a team at Columbia that operates under the coalition...but I hear there's this crazy K hack there....his name is like shree...asswipeare or something ;)

J/K shree, J/K :D

Seriously though, the debaters I know from Columbia, namely, Shree, are really good and you'll learn a lot and get good opportunities for travel.

Yea, there definitely is a team at Columbia that operates under the coalition...but I hear there's this crazy K hack there....his name is like shree...asswipeare or something ;)

J/K shree, J/K :D

Seriously though, the debaters I know from Columbia, namely, Shree, are really good and you'll learn a lot and get good opportunities for travel.

Thanks Zain.

In any case, Columbia does work through the New York Coalition (as do all NYC schools). All this means is that we have more access to coach resources (because we have access to all coaches in the NYC area who coach college policy) and cooperate in terms of evidence sharing. However, we have a separate program affiliated with the school itself (ie, we can go to the NDT qualifier and tournaments that don't like hybrids if we want, as with any other school in the coalition, assuming that you have a partner from within your own school).

Since I don't want to clutter this forum too much, if you want more explanation about the Columbia program/want to debate at anywhere in New York City (CUNY, SUNY, NYU, whatever), PM/email me and I'll answer your questions or refer you to someone who can. (shree (dot) awsare [at] gmail).

Thanks and Congratulations to all for your college acceptances.

Shree

PS If you are going to Cornell, debate will be awesome. They have a pretty sweet coaching staff that Zain can attest to and its a nationally ranked program in the making.

into university of texas, wake (presidential scholarhsip), nu, and emory. ill be heading to northwestern this fall.

Vanderbilt-accepted

Florida-accepted

Penn State-accepted

Maryland-accepted

Delaware-accepted

Dayton-accepted

Leaning Vandy... if I can come up with 54 grand a year.

I'm currently choosing between Tufts, UC Berkeley, Oberlin, and University of Chicago.

Any ideas?

Thanks Zain.

In any case, Columbia does work through the New York Coalition (as do all NYC schools). All this means is that we have more access to coach resources (because we have access to all coaches in the NYC area who coach college policy) and cooperate in terms of evidence sharing. However, we have a separate program affiliated with the school itself (ie, we can go to the NDT qualifier and tournaments that don't like hybrids if we want, as with any other school in the coalition, assuming that you have a partner from within your own school).

Since I don't want to clutter this forum too much, if you want more explanation about the Columbia program/want to debate at anywhere in New York City (CUNY, SUNY, NYU, whatever), PM/email me and I'll answer your questions or refer you to someone who can. (shree (dot) awsare [at] gmail).

Thanks and Congratulations to all for your college acceptances.

Shree

PS If you are going to Cornell, debate will be awesome. They have a pretty sweet coaching staff that Zain can attest to and its a nationally ranked program in the making.

Thanks Shree, and oh yea, I love the 'reason for edit' :D -- So are you for sure going to ADI this summer?

Also, anyone coming to Cornell and interested in debating, shoot me an email at kritikalace2011 [at] gmail