sykesunt

UNT Mean Green 2008

Expandos:

They aren't exactly neccesary, if you're the type that can use an un-expandoed stack of evidence and somehow stay organized. I always just brought a tub with a few expandos in it and thinks worked out alright.

Partners:

Each lab does something differently i'm sure, but i dont know of a time when mutually perfered partners didn't end up with eachother.

Classiness:

Keep it up! hopefull by the time debate camp comes around, your online bickerings will be full-fledged personality wars. Nothing better than spending 4 weeks with someone you hate!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Hey, I was thinking about bringing my printer, although it fills up most of my carry-on. I'm also checking a duffle which I'm pretty sure will hold everything I need anyway. How useful would a printer be at camp and should I still bring it?

Hey, I'm going to the three week, and my laptop just broke. We are sending it in on Saturday, which means that it won't be fixed by the time I go to camp. Does it put me at a huge disadvantage if I don't have a computer?

• Downvote 1

Guest cjiron
Hey, I was thinking about bringing my printer, although it fills up most of my carry-on. I'm also checking a duffle which I'm pretty sure will hold everything I need anyway. How useful would a printer be at camp and should I still bring it?

which workshop are you going to?

3 week scholars + Skills. The reason I'm thinking about bringing it is because there are two tournaments so it would be really useful. Plus I wouldn't have to pay the egregious costs of a photocopier or something.

• Downvote 1

Hey, I'm going to the three week, and my laptop just broke. We are sending it in on Saturday, which means that it won't be fixed by the time I go to camp. Does it put me at a huge disadvantage if I don't have a computer?

If it doesn't take that long to fix, I'd recommend that you get in touch with the company fixing it for you and have them send it to UNT when they're done with it.

• Downvote 1

You'll be fine.

I'm not sure of this year's situation, but every other year I've attended North Texas debaters have had access to a set of computer labs/the computers in the library for card cutting. The only time you're at a slight disadvantage is when taking lectures notes.

Leah

• Upvote 1

Guest cjiron

When are the tournaments during the camp how long are they?, and our there like just with scholars gainst scholars or everyone vs everyone?

There is a tournament for the 2 week campers that occurs at the end of their stay at the institute. Then there is a full tournament at the end of 3 weeks if I remember correctly is everyone v. everyone. If you stay for the skills session there is a round robin at the end of that. (Dan, correct me on this if I'm wrong - I wasn't working all 3 weeks last year)

There are also a bunch of practice rounds that are not included in the official tournament.

• Upvote 1

Guest cjiron
There is a tournament for the 2 week campers that occurs at the end of their stay at the institute. Then there is a full tournament at the end of 3 weeks if I remember correctly is everyone v. everyone. If you stay for the skills session there is a round robin at the end of that. (Dan, correct me on this if I'm wrong - I wasn't working all 3 weeks last year)

There are also a bunch of practice rounds that are not included in the official tournament.

Your from the woodlands? nuh uh so am i. and how long is the tournament?

Edited by cjiron

how much money would i need to bring for photocopies? im in 2 week.

your life savings

I went to UTNIF last summer for 3 weeks and didn't spend any money on copying costs.

The camp prints out all of your ev, there's not really much to copy, and all of our cutting assignments were electronic.

For printing files from other camps i had my own printer. Maybe pay someone who brings one to use theirs.

• Upvote 1

Your from the woodlands? nuh uh so am i. and how long is the tournament?

I feel like it was 5 prelims and breaks to octos - but it's been a while so I could be wrong.

And yes, I graduated from The Woodlands in 2007. I debated for McCullough for 2 years, College Park for 1, and then came back to debate for The Woodlands/slightly independant my senior year.

Guest cjiron
I feel like it was 5 prelims and breaks to octos - but it's been a while so I could be wrong.

And yes, I graduated from The Woodlands in 2007. I debated for McCullough for 2 years, College Park for 1, and then came back to debate for The Woodlands/slightly independant my senior year.

Was mr boeger, your coach? if he was did he pay for yall to travel nationally or what?

Was mr boeger, your coach? if he was did he pay for yall to travel nationally or what?

You can PM me or ask me about this @ UNT in more detail so I don't clog the forum - but Boeger was our coach only in name. He signed off on the forms for tournaments for us. The school agreed to let us travel nationally if we always had Eric's father travel with us. We payed for 100% of everything we did our senior year out of pocket. The Woodlands subsidized none of it.

Like I said, I'll be working at the camp. Questions? Just ask.

not that i remember. i don't think an abundance of expandos are necessary, though. there's only one camp tourney, and its a challenge to highlight enough blocks in time ;)

Well, actually two tournaments because I'm going to skills too

It's 4 prelims and break to quarters.

you sure bout that grace? I was reading the results and could've sworn it was octos