Sign in to follow this  
Am2908

3 Kritiky questions.

I understand K's I just have problems when it comes to the in depth study of them, can someone answer these questions:

1.) What is framework?

2.) How do you make a K aff exactly?

3.) How does say, perpetual geocide impact to a racism K outweigh extinction? Or is that the point of framework?

Thanks. =D

1. Framework, most generally, refers to a set of arguments that teams put forward that dictate how the judge evaluate the impacts in the round. The most common framework debate that you will become familiar with as you debate Ks over time is the "Policy Framework", that is, the judge weighs the benefits of the *plan* versus all competing alternatives; and various critical frameworks that different teams will advocate which usually boil down to "weigh the impact of the affirmative's assumptions and discourse versus our alternative." The reason that negatives attempt to win a framework like that is that it completely destroys all of the affirmative's 1AC offense- if they have to argue representations of suffering africans good it is unlikely that they have any evidence or arguments to that effect in the 1AC. Juxtapose this with a policy making framework- they have 8 minutes of offense for the plan coming out of the 1AC- it is a very nice place for the aff to debate from. It is unlikely you will win many K debates on the negative unless you become proficient at the framework debate.

2. A K aff is just a kritik that links to the status quo whose alternative is to vote aff. That's it. Past that, K affs are as diverse as Ks themselves- you'll have to ask more specific questions to get more specific answers. Generally they advocate some form of micropolitics, i.e., that what we say and do in this round matters and is a reason to vote aff, but not always.

3. Yes! This is exactly the kind of thing that the negatives win framework debates for. However, this is still easily won with basic impact calculus even if you lose framework. Fallback to probability, timeframe and magnitude, but also try to use impacts like "no/negative value to life in a world of constant genocide" and "our K turns the case/is a prerequisite to the case" in order to win impact debates.

• Downvote 1

I would also like to point out that you could come across affirmatives that use kritikal impacts to a standard case. This isn't a true K aff, but it happens

Also, K teams will try to win that "the K is a gateway to the aff". K teams will make an argument that fiat doesn't exist and that it's something we invent. At the end of the round, if the judge votes for aff, the plan doesn't actually happen. If a K links off of the aff discourse though, they can win that voting neg rejects the "bad" discourse of the aff and solves whatever impacts they claim (racism, etc etc). If the neg wins that fiat isn't real, the aff then has no access to any of their advantages/impacts because they trigger "post fiat" (after the judge uses fiat to pass the plan), but the neg discursive impacts trigger "pre fiat" (during the round, before the plan passes).

we were neg and one of the DA impacts was nuke war. They ran a K saying something like having an impact of nuke war will cause a real 1.

1. My response was kick the impact. Did i do this right?

2. they read a theory that said kicking the impact was bad... how do i answer that

Guest fizelly27
we were neg and one of the DA impacts was nuke war. They ran a K saying something like having an impact of nuke war will cause a real 1.

1. My response was kick the impact. Did i do this right?

2. they read a theory that said kicking the impact was bad... how do i answer that

Kicking the impact was probably a good start however the other team will probably argue that the discourse you used already created the self fulfilling (sp) prophecy of a nuclear war. This means that merely kicking out of your impact doesn't solve the argument. Responses to this argument can be as vague as discourse doesnt transcend reality to the specific cards such as discussing nuclear war is key to prevent it. Your answers to nuclearism will most liley suffice. Also make sure they dont link to the kritik, as if they werent balls otu critical, i bet there was a mistake made there.

on the theoretical issue of kicking impacts....i really doubt that the abuse story was sufficient. Better way to kick out of the DA was to maybe extend a no link or a non unique. PM me if u need sum answers to nuclear discourse kritiks

also btw who was the author of the K? Kato, Chaloupka, lifton?

on the theoretical issue of kicking impacts....i really doubt that the abuse story was sufficient.

i think the theory they probably read was severance bad, which it probably is, especially to no link a discourse K

I would also like to point out that you could come across affirmatives that use kritikal impacts to a standard case. This isn't a true K aff, but it happens

"true K aff"?

you dont have to be plan textless to be "kritikal"?

i think the theory they probably read was severance bad, which it probably is, especially to no link a discourse K

"true K aff"?

you dont have to be plan textless to be "kritikal"?

You can still read a policy option plan that solves for kritikal advantages. There are many different levels for "kritikiness" from just reading a bunch of Ks to having a plantext that "demands" to just solving for K harms. All of that stuff is thrown into the "K debate" category.