Sign in to follow this  
STADB9

Flint Hills NFL

Last tournament we're waiting on for DCI purposes, and the second-to-last tournament qualifying to nats.

Anybody have results?

Flint Hills is being rescheduled for January 7th and 8th according to my sources. I had a group headed over to judge but the weather that kept some schools out all week prior, and the impending weather for Fri and Sat made them postpone.

Highland Park is having in-service on the 7th and 8th so they can access an empty building all day on those days. Was looking forward to returning to the alma mater.

chief

Darren Elliott

Director of Debate and Forensics

Kansas City Kansas Community College

HP Class of '91 : )

I emailed McComas. Tournament is still at HPHS and on the 7th and 8th.

chief

Darren Elliott

Director of Debate and Forensics

Kansas City Kansas Community College

He should go judge and you should come time keep. Highland Park is the home to many a legend. It's halls have been graced with many a fine person. I hear its where a certain someone started out as a girls basketball coach. Kapfer once coached there. I also hear the Legend himself was a HP Coach. It was once the home of the Nation's current top NFL Chapter coach who was also NFL Coach of the year and all time Chiefs fan.

1* - Goossen/Shultz - Washburn Rural - 6-0 bye into nationals

2* - Nelson/Ginn - Shawnee Heights - 6-1

3 - Schroeder^2 - Washburn Rural - 5-2

4-7 I cannot recall... Probably because it's 12:18 in the morning...

I know that teams from Emporia, Jeff West, and Silver Lake were in Round 6 (Round before the go-round).

Congrats to everyone on an awesome tournament and especially to Goossen/Shultz. Bye-ing into nationals is quite an accomplishment and the round against you two this week was definitely one of the best of the season. Same goes to Ben and Joe. You two are an awesome duo and I look forward to seeing you all win 6A State and qualify to nationals in forensics.

I especially thank our NFL District Committee who put on a dynamite tournament. No problems (that I know of) went on with scheduling, paneling, or matching. It's nice to know that people are working hard to see not only their schools succeed, but others as well.

Have a great week and good luck to everyone at the upcoming state tournaments.

I believe we were five teams short. We had 25 in the tournament if I recall correctly.

That hurts. Which schools didn't enter anyone? T-West, Junction City?

1* - Goossen/Shultz - Washburn Rural - 6-0 bye into nationals

UTNIF Represent! Huge props on qualifying, especially byeing. Jeanette is a junior correct?

2* - Nelson/Ginn - Shawnee Heights - 6-1

Ahhh, Im glad to see that Ginn could carry Johnny :-p.

3 - Schroeder^2 - Washburn Rural - 5-2

They gave us one of our best rounds last year at DCI, Im glad to see them qualify.

They gave us one of our best rounds last year at DCI, Im glad to see them qualify.

I'm not sure Ben and Joe qualified. Unless I am mistaken, the asterisk denotes a qualifier, and I am pretty sure that Flint Hills only qualified 2 teams this year.