Sign in to follow this  
squirrelweirdo12

College

Yeah, Ben is tight as hell and easily one of the most chill people I have ever met in my life. Regardless, the PNW is pretty legit and the Whitman campus isn't half bad. Not to mention you get to hang out with the cool cats of Mike Meredith and Aaron Hardy. Then again, that is always balanced out with good ol' Jim Hanson.

Dude don't knock J-han, I have a frisbee with his face emblazoned on it.

well, i now have been accepted to:

Rice

American

Arkansas

Mo State

and waitlisted at:

Dartmouth

Penn

Cornell

University of Chicago

Wash U

and i'm still waiting to hear from Emory. As of now, i'll be going to Rice (only depending on Emory, visits, and if i were to get off a wait list) and I might do parli there.

well, i now have been accepted to:

Rice

American

Arkansas

Mo State

and waitlisted at:

Dartmouth

Penn

Cornell

University of Chicago

Wash U

and i'm still waiting to hear from Emory. As of now, i'll be going to Rice (only depending on Emory, visits, and if i were to get off a wait list) and I might do parli there.

Good job man! That's an impressive list. I would like to see you come to Cornell - talk to your sister - I talked to her about what you can do to improve your chances of getting off the waitlist - also pm me if you want to know anything.

Nevertheles, if you do parli at Rice, you'll be with Danny Shanaberger - he was an LDer for Liberty last year and our top Orator. It'll be a good time.

I was accepted at American, UChicago, UC Berkeley, UCLA, Reed, Tufts, and Wake.

As of now, I'm choosing between Berkeley and UChicago. I'm 80/20 for UChicago, and if I go there I'll be done with debate. If I go to Cal, I'll be doing policy.

But of course, even if I did do policy in college, I couldn't hold a candle to MoState OW...

Looks like I'm rolling up to Truman State. I'm sorry Nick and Lauren about not getting up in Chicago, but scrilla is killa. I'm doing band my freshman year, but I'll consider jumping in on some forensics action sophomore year.

willyg: ok accepted:

Emory

St. Olaf

William Jewell

MS&T (rolla w/e)

Mizzou

waitlisted:

WashU

Bowdoin

I might consider thinking about the possibility of contemplating the option of doing debate at william jewell (aka small chance i'd hook up with Tim Brooks for a one night stand and see if it lasts), but other than that i'm done.

congrats to everyone. Sam Rowland, idk know if you know Taylor Aiken from Gwood, but i think he's going to Rice. he's pretty much the coolest kid ever.

willyg: ok accepted:

Emory

St. Olaf

William Jewell

MS&T (rolla w/e)

Mizzou

waitlisted:

WashU

Bowdoin

I might consider thinking about the possibility of contemplating the option of doing debate at william jewell (aka small chance i'd hook up with Tim Brooks for a one night stand and see if it lasts), but other than that i'm done.

congrats to everyone. Sam Rowland, idk know if you know Taylor Aiken from Gwood, but i think he's going to Rice. he's pretty much the coolest kid ever.

If you don't go to Emory

I will cockslap you

Come to Missouri State. New basketball coach, kick ass debate team, what more could you really want? Ben Warner calls it the Harvard of the Midwest.

Congratulations to Mr. Cole Berhorst on his acceptance into Northwestern University. I understand he received a fantastic scholarship package as well.

BUMP

Just to see if anyone's college plans have changed...i know mine have. I'll now be attending Loyola University in Chicago IL and yes I'll still be debating Parli on a scholarship.

bump

accepted:

American

Reed

UC Berkeley

UChicago

UCLA

not accepted:

Deep Springs (didn't visit)

Northwestern

all others pending

Congratulations. That's a really good set of schools.

Dave Arnett at Berkeley is pretty tight.