Sign in to follow this  
chiefs

Missouri Tournaments

What tournaments are available in Missouri in Feb. and March? Also are there any tournaments that have more than 4 prelim rounds?

One's not worth going to if you're from Kansas....debate infront of a mirror kid, it will be a better round.

One's not worth going to if you're from Kansas....debate infront of a mirror kid, it will be a better round.

Marquette High School is hosting a tournament February 15-16

Usually has top notch judges

I'm sure the washburn crew will be invited, but we don't want to dilute the pool with too many lay judges ;)

The invite for the Marquette tournament is on joyoftournaments.com

The judging will be excellent. You will be able to debate in whatever style you prefer.

There are 4 prelim rounds, I will break to octos if the numbers dictate.

Questions? Ask.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Calling Dooley a lay is AN insult to Lays.

dumbfuck.

And i think we have a tourny that weekend, I could be wrong though.

Joplin will be hosting its annual "Heart of the Ozarks" tournament on February 8-9. This year we will actually be co-hosting with Carl Junction. Our tournament rocks! We have Stand-Up Comedy as an event! I'm sooo jealous because I've always wanted to do stand up, but of course we can't compete in our own tournament...haha

• Downvote 1

Joplin will be hosting its annual "Heart of the Ozarks" tournament on February 8-9. This year we will actually be co-hosting with Carl Junction. Our tournament rocks! We have Stand-Up Comedy as an event! I'm sooo jealous because I've always wanted to do stand up, but of course we can't compete in our own tournament...haha

ohhhhhh, i remeber now

a 15 hour long awards ceremony "rocks!"

if you're going to have an awsome tournament, you might as well hand out sawed off shotguns at the door, and let things play out.

best quote from joplins stand-up last year "and i was like, whay is there cheese on my trapper? this is certainly an odd place for cheese to be."

be jealous...

Are you serious?

Really?

Really?

I think they are looking for tournaments that DONT ban speed, counterplans or Kritiks.

Really?

What tournaments are available in Missouri in Feb. and March? Also are there any tournaments that have more than 4 prelim rounds?

Marquette is amazing from what I've heard.

Parkview is January 25th and 26th, we usually tend to have badass judging, but only 4 prelim rounds.

Fort Osage is hosting in the KC area on February 1-2 (we will be attending)...

ohhhhhh, i remeber now

a 15 hour long awards ceremony "rocks!"

if you're going to have an awsome tournament, you might as well hand out sawed off shotguns at the door, and let things play out.

best quote from joplins stand-up last year "and i was like, whay is there cheese on my trapper? this is certainly an odd place for cheese to be."

be jealous...

We're cutting the awards ceremony this year. We're only having the top three of stand-up at the awards, and we're not having a video. No need to be hostile.

Shuman, I'm digging the Bobby Fischer memento.
Short-term. I just felt like doing something after he passed away...

I've heard fort is running very short on judges... keep that in mind if you are considering coming.
Dude, it's almost two weeks away. EVERY tournament (including NFL Nationals) is short on judges two weeks out... ;)

Yeah me too. Hating jews is awesome. ;)

Yey for anti-semitism :( jk

I think mad props are due, it wasn't Ronald Reagan who brought down the Soviets, it was Bobby Fischer.

Yeah me too. Hating jews is awesome. ;)
Are we to celebrate Beethoven because he tried to steal his nephew from the child's mother, or because he wrote Piano Concerto No. 5, Op. 73?

Are we to celebrate Picasso because was a philanderer and a brute, or because he painted Guernica?

Are we to celebrate Eliot because he was an anti-Semite, or because he wrote Ash Wednesday?

In short: To admire an artist's artistry is not to endorse his personal opinions or private behaviors...

Are we to celebrate Beethoven because he tried to steal his nephew from the child's mother, or because he wrote Piano Concerto No. 5, Op. 73?

Are we to celebrate Picasso because was a philanderer and a brute, or because he painted Guernica?

Are we to celebrate Eliot because he was an anti-Semite, or because he wrote Ash Wednesday?

In short: To admire an artist's artistry is not to endorse his personal opinions or private behaviors...

Well put.

We shouldnt hate Hitler because he killed Jews. We should praise him because he built the Autoban!

:edit: hahahaha i got called an anti semite for this post. go shuman logic!

• Downvote 1

We shouldnt hate Hitler because he killed Jews. We should praise him because he built the Autoban!
Fischer didn't kill anyone. And the autobahn isn't quite in the same league with the Emperor concerto. Go Zack "logic"... :rolleyes:

Haha, I was mainly being cranky.

I don't really think any of you hate jews because you think Bobby was good at chess. And I'm actually alright with admitting that Hitler was in the right when he built the autobahn, even if everything else was tragically wrongheaded.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dude, it's almost two weeks away. EVERY tournament (including NFL Nationals) is short on judges two weeks out... ;)

You obviously don't know the ability of the fort squad to recruit judges. ;)

Kidding. I might be there to judge, along with some friends, so...