Sign in to follow this  
Your_yelling

Male circumcision and infrastructure neg?

This advocacy is perplexing; Who on earth would want to run this? What is so much better about the advantages that you'd choose this over AIDS/Non-AIDS diseases/Clean Water/etc.?

• Downvote 1

UNT has one. I don't know about any other camps. You might try just checking inside their HIV/AIDS files.

Circumcision is lame though..."hey guys let's cut off the end of your penises." If you're having sex with someone who's HIV positive, you have pretty bad odds circumcised or not.

Besides the fact that all the solvency guarantees 60-70% solvency of aids and that a lot of literature that speaks to how it will be ten years before a vaccine will be effective as circumcision is today. all the evidence against circumcision is mostly just speculation while the evidence for it is a bunch of studies.

be careful when you assume cases suck, that's when you end up losing to them.

the camp neg to it is terrible, as someone who runs circumcision you'd be better off researching it for yourself.

Besides the fact that all the solvency guarantees 60-70% solvency of aids and that a lot of literature that speaks to how it will be ten years before a vaccine will be effective as circumcision is today. all the evidence against circumcision is mostly just speculation while the evidence for it is a bunch of studies.

the camp neg to it is terrible, as someone who runs circumcision you'd be better off researching it for yourself.

Curious, I'll heed your advice in the future. I suppose rips in the foreskin while in intercourse would seem to be a culprit, however I hadn't the notion that it would be such a large one.

This case is not the hottest. Evidence trying to make circumcision sound important is either power tagged, abusively highlighted, bias, or just plain untrue. If you read through the aff put out by UT you could call the highlighting "creative" at best. For example:

Agency for International Development, argues that low rates of circumcision and high rates of multiple, concurrent sexual partners are the main reasons that the AIDS epidemic has raged in southern Africa but left western Africa mostly unscathed.

Anyone else notice the part left out was if you sleep around you will probably get AIDS?

Also the claim that circumcision will reduce AIDS by 60 to 70 percent is just false. First of all the only two studies that came to this conclusion were based off small sample sizes in Kenya and Uganda. Also in terms of reasons why people are transmitted with HIV lack of circumcision ranks near the bottom of them. There are SEVERAL more prevalent causes (lack of condom use, dirty needles etc) This aff can never solve for these more prevalent alternate causes for HIV transmission.

This affirmative also has no US key warrant and there is some specific literature about how Republicans hate AIDS prevention that doesn't promote abstinence only, that references such programs like male circumcision. It is easy to win an international agent solves and the link to your politics DA. Overall I am not wild about this case.

This case is not the hottest. Evidence trying to make circumcision sound important is either power tagged, abusively highlighted, bias, or just plain untrue. If you read through the aff put out by UT you could call the highlighting "creative" at best. For example:

Agency for International Development, argues that low rates of circumcision and high rates of multiple, concurrent sexual partners are the main reasons that the AIDS epidemic has raged in southern Africa but left western Africa mostly unscathed.

Anyone else notice the part left out was if you sleep around you will probably get AIDS?

Also the claim that circumcision will reduce AIDS by 60 to 70 percent is just false. First of all the only two studies that came to this conclusion were based off small sample sizes in Kenya and Uganda. Also in terms of reasons why people are transmitted with HIV lack of circumcision ranks near the bottom of them. There are SEVERAL more prevalent causes (lack of condom use, dirty needles etc) This aff can never solve for these more prevalent alternate causes for HIV transmission.

This affirmative also has no US key warrant and there is some specific literature about how Republicans hate AIDS prevention that doesn't promote abstinence only, that references such programs like male circumcision. It is easy to win an international agent solves and the link to your politics DA. Overall I am not wild about this case.

this is a horrible card. there's much better harms/ solvency cards for circumcision i don't know why they use this

Well, I am logan's partner, and i just hope that some day we can talk about penis cutting as effectively as you. But in the mean time we will just post in the "Evidence Trading" forum, in hopes to trade evidence. I would actually love your sweet home made neg file, i mean maybe people will assume it sucks and we'll pick up some rounds...

Well, I am logan's partner, and i just hope that some day we can talk about penis cutting as effectively as you. But in the mean time we will just post in the "Evidence Trading" forum, in hopes to trade evidence. I would actually love your sweet home made neg file, i mean maybe people will assume it sucks and we'll pick up some rounds...

please don't be a douche bag, you don't have to be all arrogant and condescending to be a good debater.

i'm just saying, and i could be wrong, at least from the camp evidence i've seen, it's not very hard to defend against.

the rounds we've lost have been against some really great cards people found from research outside the camps.

but that's just what i've seen. i'm not saying the camp affirmative's are any better, either. like any case, the more work you are willing to put into it, the better it will be.

just something to consider in evidence trading. although i'm interested to see what neg strat is working for people around the nation.

This is an interesting idea and something that I was just reading up on last night...

Do you encourage circumcision through western doctors or traditional healers? From what I understand neither practice is very common.

This is an interesting idea and something that I was just reading up on last night...

Do you encourage circumcision through western doctors or traditional healers? From what I understand neither practice is very common.

the former because of superior sophistication. and something like this can be read as a DA, if properly cut.

a lot of literature says you can do both, implement with western doctors and technologies while educating traditional healers so it can be carried out more effectively in the long run.

• Downvote 1

The very idea of "educating" traditional healers negates the essence of traditional healers.

In other words, once you educate them through western thought it stops being traditional.

EDIT: Although I have not read the lit, it seems kind of intuitive. But if there was a really good card I could change my mind.