Sign in to follow this  
andrewman327

Anyone Want Free Econ Cards?

I'm a college student who is no longer actively involved in debate. I read the news every day using my university databases and I'm wondering if there is any interest in a file with nothing but really current econ cards. I'll e-mail it to interested people but I can't post it online because of copyright. PM me if you are interested. I'll keep it current as long as there is interest.

I'm curious... what copyright issue is there for posting them online?

For example, today's Wall Street Journal has an article about the fact that foreclosures are increasing and that that is indicative of a slowing economy (paraphrasing here). They want you to pay for their full issues and archive articles over at wsj.com. I can't imagine publishers being too happy if I start copying and pasting substantial amounts of certain articles on a freely accessible website.

I know the fair use arguments but it's easier to justify fair use when I'm e-mailing some files to a handful of people and not posting paid content on a Google-indexed site.