Sign in to follow this  
sandman

what are possible MEDFLAGS neg strats?

I don't think international actor CPs are a good idea since most aff advantages are based off US gaining influence in Africa. I know that there's some solvency for EU pushing China out of Africa but the aff will usually claim their advantage off the US getting influence back, not just pushing China out. I mean, I guess you could still run it, but you're not going to solve very much of the case so it seems pointless.

• Upvote 1

I don't think international actor CPs are a good idea since most aff advantages are based off US gaining influence in Africa. I know that there's some solvency for EU pushing China out of Africa but the aff will usually claim their advantage off the US getting influence back, not just pushing China out. I mean, I guess you could still run it, but you're not going to solve very much of the case so it seems pointless.

This is definitely true. Most of the advantages are based on US hegemony/terrorism.

Against this aff with only a heg/terrorism advantage (where the terrorism was based off of winning heg), the death penalty CP or any soft power advantage counterplan seems like a good idea to run against this case. Then read Africa specific link disads.

Has there even been a medflag mission to ssa in the past three years?

If so i would love the link, this itself could be used against this case effectively.

The whole malthus, china da, china cp and several other attacks previously brought up have been way overused in my district and have all but lost their effectiveness. There are counters for these in the generic updates and other readily available evidence. I'm not sure if its the same in your districts but here those dont seem to be as effective anymore.

Has there even been a medflag mission to ssa in the past three years?

If so i would love the link, this itself could be used against this case effectively.

There was a mission in 06 or 07 I believe. Most affs preempt this argument by saying that the last mission was ineffective.

yeah our evidence must be dated anyways it said that there had been no medical missions recently and that medflags wasn't even in SSA. We then ran a T on "increase" I know common attack and simple but for us it proved effective :)

what I'd run... never debated against medflags myself, but saw it in a round, I'd probably run this as a neg strat:

T - All of SSA

Terrorism Backlash DA

Homeopathy DA

Britain Medic Trade-off DA

Humanitarian Military Action K

Soft Power turn

No Solvency: Medflags fails, more money won't help

Turn: Medflags abuses human rights

I'm not. Security is good. So is hegemony, realism and the War on Terror. Back off you piece of shit liberal.

wow any1 c anything different over the past year...lol

you could always run:

militarism-

biopower

colonialism- with the education/ medicalization sorta links

T- SSA= all

borders k

this case links to just about any generic da or k out there, run the one that your are best at arguing.

das that link: political capital, elections, heg bad, china, pan african unity, globalization bad, malthus, and the list goes on...

ks that link: colonialism, cultural imperialism, regular imperialism, biopower, fem ir, critical ir, nietzsche, and many more...

the benefit of running medflags aff is that you get access to huge impacts, so any neg strategy should either o/w with policy impacts or give a good reason to reject with a k. if i felt the need to run a cp, i would match it to whatever da/k arguments were chosen. also, i wouldn't run t against this case. its topical. my instinct as a debater was to run t every round, but as a judge i see it as a waste of my time. of course i also see time suck rvis as a waste of my time too, so go figure.

also, i wouldn't run t against this case. its topical. my instinct as a debater was to run t every round, but as a judge i see it as a waste of my time. of course i also see time suck rvis as a waste of my time too, so go figure.

MEDFLAG is relatively vulnerable to T-PHA, given that they do stuff like military to military assistance and disaster relief simulations in addition to vaccinations and whatnot.

MEDFLAG is relatively vulnerable to T-PHA, given that they do stuff like military to military assistance and disaster relief simulations in addition to vaccinations and whatnot.

ok, so its potentially extra-topical, but i still wouldn't run it because there are so many better arguments that i could put in the 1nc.

ok, so its potentially extra-topical, but i still wouldn't run it because there are so many better arguments that i could put in the 1nc.

You mean so many generic arguments? They're guaranteed extra-T which more often than not is a voter. A nuanced violation is easy to put together in under 45 seconds in the 1NC, any disad it might push out of your strat probably isn't very good anyway.

Hit 'em up on Chinese War/Chinese military kicks butt w/manpower. Or a politix DA w/Iran or Libya in the picture. Add the PHA-T and a quick PoCo/Empire K and that'll give you a full 8 minutes of goodies.

Sign in to follow this