Lance the NG

Jesus Counter Plan

Right, sorry. Extra-T

(Plan corrected)

perm

Affirmative doesn't stop Dark Wizards from killing everyone, negative consultation has the affirmative advantages plus the dark wizard extinction scenario

Plan- Prior to passage of the affirmative advocacy, the Ministry of Magic will be consulted

A. This is an extra-topical counterplan- though the plan is passed through the USFG, the Ministry of magic is consulted prior to passage of the advocacy

B. Net Benefits: The CP stops extinction which Dark Wizards cause, increase hegemony (as other countries will like us more if they know we can magic them away), avoids corruption, disease, infrastructure, lack of resources, war, etc.

C. Wizards are (fucking) awesome

Harry Potter in 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007 and Lord of the Rings in 1954 and 1955

If you have seen Lord of The rings or read the books, or seen any of the Harry Potter or read the books, you'll agree. Wizards are (fucking) awesome

Gandalf killed a Balrog (Big Fire giant), went through Fangorn Forest unharmed, removed power from Sarumon, the dark white wizard, destroyed legions of orcs and fought off a Nazgul ( A Dragon, except a whole lot angrier) unharmed

Dumbledore took down the dark wizard Grindelwald, researched the philosopher's stone and succeeded in creating one, found the dozen uses of dragon blood, is the only wizard Voldemort ever feared, successfully dueled Voldemort, and told Harry Potter how to beat Voldemort. Not to mention was in general, the greatest (In-world in Harry Potter) Wizard ever.

D. Solvency

Magic gives witches and wizards abilities reaching the infinite in number

Harry Potter in 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007 (paraphrased)

Magic allows wizards the ability to ignore natural laws, such as instant production of food, water, and other necessities, including medicine or prevention of terminal illnesses

E. Advantages

Aurors are the Special Forces paramilitary operators in the wizarding world-they are the best at killing dark wizards

Harry Potter in 2003, 2005, 2007 (paraphrased)

Wizards and Witches go through extreme training measures in order to join the ranks, requiring at least five Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests, and excellent marks in potion-making, stealth, disguise, location and concealment, among other tests. They are also proficient in all manners of information extrapolation, brilliant, and among the best in spell-casting

Dark Wizards cause extinction

Voldemort organizes the Death Eaters, his loyal group of witches and wizards who pursue the dark arts, freely kill muggles and track down and murder witches and wizards who tolerate Muggles and “mudbloods," magic makers from Muggle families. "

lol. nice.

this is reserved for rounds when i know that i'm not breaking.

And, nobody listened.

Sigh. Typical.

hahahahahaha.

• Downvote 1

lol. nice.

this is reserved for rounds when i know that i'm not breaking.

I'll probably cut stuff that actually says all of that, just to have it on file, should I get it done I'll send you a copy.

debater777-I understand where you're coming from (And why I got the neg rep), but it's all in fun, I'd clearly never run this (except at a cursed tournament just before districts), but Flippy asked and and I provided, so ask me or something.

• Downvote 2

Not really sure why i'm getting neg rep for providing something people ask for...especially since i didn't write the cp in the first place

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

D. Solvency

Magic allows wizards the ability to ignore natural laws, such as instant production of food, water, and other necessities, including medicine or prevention of terminal illnesses

Solvency Deficit:

The book series specifically states the inability of magic to be used to fabricate food/other necessities. Hence, the need for the Hogwarts house elves to cook all the food in the school's kitchen.

Solvency Deficit:

The book series specifically states the inability of magic to be used to fabricate food/other necessities. Hence, the need for the Hogwarts house elves to cook all the food in the school's kitchen.

Right, but Witches and Wizards have the ability to summon food/items/etc. From elsewhere, and water may be created at a whim ('Aguamenti')

ATTN ALL:

THIS THREAD HAS CEASED TO BE FUNNY AS OF DECEMBER 4th, 2007, 01:04 PM.

THANK YOU,

MGMT.

• Downvote 1

Plan- Prior to passage of the affirmative advocacy, the Ministry of Magic will be consulted

A. This is an extra-topical counterplan- though the plan is passed through the USFG, the Ministry of magic is consulted prior to passage of the advocacy

B. Net Benefits: The CP stops extinction which Dark Wizards cause, increase hegemony (as other countries will like us more if they know we can magic them away), avoids corruption, disease, infrastructure, lack of resources, war, etc.

C. Wizards are (fucking) awesome

Harry Potter in 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007 and Lord of the Rings in 1954 and 1955

If you have seen Lord of The rings or read the books, or seen any of the Harry Potter or read the books, you'll agree. Wizards are (fucking) awesome

Gandalf killed a Balrog (Big Fire giant), went through Fangorn Forest unharmed, removed power from Sarumon, the dark white wizard, destroyed legions of orcs and fought off a Nazgul ( A Dragon, except a whole lot angrier) unharmed

Dumbledore took down the dark wizard Grindelwald, researched the philosopher's stone and succeeded in creating one, found the dozen uses of dragon blood, is the only wizard Voldemort ever feared, successfully dueled Voldemort, and told Harry Potter how to beat Voldemort. Not to mention was in general, the greatest (In-world in Harry Potter) Wizard ever.

D. Solvency

E. Advantages

Aurors are the Special Forces paramilitary operators in the wizarding world-they are the best at killing dark wizards

Harry Potter in 2003, 2005, 2007 (paraphrased)

Wizards and Witches go through extreme training measures in order to join the ranks, requiring at least five Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests, and excellent marks in potion-making, stealth, disguise, location and concealment, among other tests. They are also proficient in all manners of information extrapolation, brilliant, and among the best in spell-casting

Dark Wizards cause extinction

Voldemort organizes the Death Eaters, his loyal group of witches and wizards who pursue the dark arts, freely kill muggles and track down and murder witches and wizards who tolerate Muggles and “mudbloods," magic makers from Muggle families. "

ZOMG LOL

• Downvote 2

The Ministry of Magic solves, but not as well as Jesus i'm not sure how old that CP is, but I'm making a CP based off of not consulting Jesus, but actually using Jesus as our agent of action, and i found some pretty spiffy bible passages (biggest problem with the evidence would be the bias of the bible, but I'm sure some one could find a way around that) that would stop a lot of general attacks on the solvency. If your considering revising the CP hit me up. And i might steal some of that Jesus evidence as well, its gold

So wait, consult CP's dont avoid the USFG because they just say consult Jesus, for example, and then use the USFG for the plan ? Then how would one argue its non-topical ? Besides does the CP have to non-topical, I have heard a lot of people now argue it can be topical.

So wait, consult CP's dont avoid the USFG because they just say consult Jesus, for example, and then use the USFG for the plan ? Then how would one argue its non-topical ? Besides does the CP have to non-topical, I have heard a lot of people now argue it can be topical.

That's a theory debate you can have in-round. I don't have any of the cards, but the neg position is basically "once aff announces their plan, then that's all aff has to defend for the round. Assuming aff plan is topical, then aff no longer has to defend the entire resolution space, just the aff plan space. This allows neg to argue anything that is 'not aff plan' including topical counterplans.

Aff counters with "aff ground is the entire resolution, even though we're not responsible for defending every single topical plan. Since aff plan is simply a way of showing why <resolution> then anything that supports the resolution, including CPs, is aff ground."

Consult CPs aren't topcial. They're Xtra T.

No, that's false, they're severance from the intrinsicness of the status quo's limits.

Oh, you're right. My bad.

The predictable uniqueness of the counter plan's internal link straight turned the perm's double bind.

You're catching on fast.

Impacts of nonsalvation inevitable- Not everyone is Christian.

But seriously. MoM is a much better CP. =P

if you said that god wasn't real couldn't the neg. just say that they fiat that god is real and we still solve.. its a stupid arguement but could it work..?

• Downvote 1

if you said that god wasn't real couldn't the neg. just say that they fiat that god is real and we still solve.. its a stupid arguement but could it work..?

No. It would be like the Aff passing its plan through the "US Parliament". That body doesn't exist, but even if Aff posited that it would, it would have no legislative power. So no solvency either way.

No, the aff/ neg can fiat whatever the fuck they want. It's up to the other team to say what's not fair.

Sure, they can fiat its existence, but they can't fiat solvency.

Plus, winning "god doesn't exist" might be harder than it seems.

Sorry, I forgot to include references to the debate thesaurus. "Aff posits" is another way of saying "fiats." And fiat power doesn't cover solvency; fiat is just the assumption that the plan (or counter-plan) exists for the purposes of the round. Whether it will work, and what the positive and negative effects are (advantages and harms, respectively), is open for debate.

If either side fiats action by an actor that does not have the ability to do the action (such as 'The Department of Health and Human Services will stop human death'), then it's perfectly valid for the other side to argue, "It's not possible, therefore no solvency."

The fiater can respond with arguments showing why it is possible, but if they lose possibility, then they lose all solvency and that's the ballgame. So, if the Neg does a Consult X CP, and Aff wins the argument that X does not exist and Neg doesn't have the power to create X, then the CP has no solvency.

I find it mildly amusing that both of you probably agree fiating solvency is bad, and the debate is actually about normativity with regard to debate culture and "rules."

Back to the OP, did anyone actually cut fiction ev for that ministry of magic cp, I think i want to use it for something.

• Downvote 1