Sign in to follow this  
NANANANA

JUDGES NEEDED JANUARY 25th and 26th!!!

PARKVIEW SPEECH AND DEBATE TOURNAMENT

The Bob Bilyeu Winter Classic

Dear Friend,

The Parkview Chapter of the National Forensic League will be hosting its 52nd annual speech and debate tournament on January 25-26, 2008. It is expected to be one of the largest tournaments in the state, with over 1,000 competitors representing over 40 schools. The success of this tournament in the past has been due, in large part, to the support and participation of the community. In order for this year’s tournament to be a success we need your help. We would like for you to serve as a judge. The only thing you need is the desire to help, we will supply the rest. There will be a voluntary informational workshop for judges in the Parkview library on Tuesday, January __, 2007 at 6:00 PM. This meeting is designed for individuals who have not judged in the past, and who desire further information about the activity. However, the workshop is by no means necessary or mandatory.

You will find a schedule of events and times below. Please indicate the times you are available to judge, and the events you prefer. We will attempt to confirm all judging assignments; however, if we do not confirm your times, please assume that you will be judging all the times for which you have signed up. Thanks for your help!

Cassidy Miller Nancy Wedgeworth

Judges Chair Parkview Debate Coach

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(please be sure that the following information is returned to us)

Name__________________________________________Phone(s)_______________________________

Address__________________________________________City__________________Zip____________

School Affiliation______________________________________________________________________

Events (Rank in the order of preference)

_____Policy Debate _____Lincoln-Douglas Debate

_____Public Forum Debate _____Oratory

_____Extemporaneous Speaking _____Duo Interpretation

_____Humorous Interpretation _____Dramatic Interpretation

_____Any or all of the above

Check (x) the times you will be available to judge:

Friday the 25th

___3:00—Individual Events

___4:30—Individual Events

___6:00—Debate

___7:30—Debate

Saturday the 26th

___8:30—Individual

___10:00—Debate

___11:30—Debate

___1:30—Individual Events

___3:00—Debate Quarterfinals

___5:30—Debate Semifinals

___7:00—Debate Finals

If you're interested in judging, email me at BenCam92 @ Gmail.com

or Call me at 417- 234- 6659

Policy will be divided into Champ and Reg.

Last year, Parkview was a sweet tournament with sweet judges. Let's hope the trend continues!

for people who were privileged!

1-3...thats right. only picked up jamie p. (im not complainin'...im just sayin'!)

more importantly, isn't this my job ben?

I just figured you wouldn't take the initiative to do it lol.

We can split the hours.

I will judge all of the rounds if I can judge finals of ccx and oratory.

All prelim rounds?

If you will just email me your information (address, phone, etc.)I will make sure to get your preferences.

It's really not possible to judge every champ policy out-round because there's a really good chance you'll get dirty.

dirty smirty. no one should care for such things when all we really need/want is someone qualified in the back of the room. point proven at hillcrest.

• Downvote 1

Please don't let this thread change to talking about 'dirtying judges', its here to talk about how we need judges Will, and trying to get them.

I was just asserting that her demand will probably not be met.

It may not be the so-called 'Dirtying' of a judge that will prevent her from judging, as it seems likely that there will be other judges who have not judged as many out rounds, if any at all.

• Downvote 1

Or...you know, the logical thing is that "all of the rounds" means I will judge all of the rounds regardless of event and I stay clean by not judging any ccx out round until finals...but logic-schmogic, lets go with what that kid says!

-A

Or...you know, the logical thing is that "all of the rounds" means I will judge all of the rounds regardless of event and I stay clean by not judging any ccx out round until finals...but logic-schmogic, lets go with what that kid says!

-A

hhahahaha 'dudley-burn.'

• Downvote 1

1. My name has been slandered in this thread

and

2. Things certainly could have changed at Parkview since last year, but in the past the people in charge of champ policy were more concerned with providing good judges in outrounds, even if they were dirty (as long as coaches and competitors were alright with it). Hopefully that trend continues this year.