The Furry

Will The Patriots Lose?

With The Patriots Lose This Season?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. With The Patriots Lose This Season?

well, the patriots have had to fight in order to win against every team that has a decent defense. the giants currently define defense leading the league on multiple counts. if eli manning does somewhat of a decent job, and the running game stays alive, all the giants have to do is play like they mean it, and they can end the patriots' run at 16-0. let's see what happens tomorrow, but its safe to say that it can easily go both ways.

The Giants have no incentive to start their A-rated defense, though.

The only way I could see the Giants winning is if their running game was clicking early on and they tired out the Pats' aged linebacker corps (like the Colts did in the AFC championship game last season). If Eli Manning is forced to throw on third-and-long all night, it's going to be over by the second quarter.

(Wow...the vote is deadlocked at 28.)

They may not lose during the season but I say they lose in the Playoffs, probably to Indianapolis or Jacksonville.

They may not lose during the season but I say they lose in the Playoffs, probably to Indianapolis or Jacksonville.

I also have no idea where people are getting the crazy idea that the Patriots are going to lose in the playoffs.

Jacksonville doesn't have the vertical passing game to seriously threaten the secondary and doesn't have the size on the offensive line to match Ty Warren. Can you see David Garrard taking command and beating the Pats? I didn't think so.

Indianapolis is a more serious threat, and I have little doubt the game will come down to the wire again. This time, however, the lack of pressure on Brady with Dwight Freeney and others injured will give him time to pick the secondary apart.

Bob Sanders is the best safety in the league, but he doesn't have the size to challenge Randy Moss deep.

That's a big if, tho. Manning has been sporadic and inconsistent, and frankly he sucks. I used to like the Giants until they traded for him. I mean, c'mon.. He threw 4 interceptions against the worst pass defense in the league (Vikings).

The Giants are 1-5 against teams that have above .500 records this year. And they have played horribly at the Meadowlands the past 3 games. I really don't see it 'easily' goin either way. A lot will have to go wrong for the Patriots to lose.

we'll have to wait and watch. it also heavily depends on who coughlin plays.

I also have no idea where people are getting the crazy idea that the Patriots are going to lose in the playoffs.

Jacksonville doesn't have the vertical passing game to seriously threaten the secondary and doesn't have the size on the offensive line to match Ty Warren. Can you see David Garrard taking command and beating the Pats? I didn't think so.

Indianapolis is a more serious threat, and I have little doubt the game will come down to the wire again. This time, however, the lack of pressure on Brady with Dwight Freeney and others injured will give him time to pick the secondary apart.

Bob Sanders is the best safety in the league, but he doesn't have the size to challenge Randy Moss deep.

Indy can do the damage if they are healthy. just like last year. the only reason they lost this year is because their defense stopped trying in the second half.

They can't even beat the Cowboys.

Come again.

the eagles LED the patriots at one point only to lose 24-21. A Field Goal

the JETS (of all teams) lost by a touchdown. 17-10.

the only reason these teams came close is because of their defense.

the giants have beat both these teams...come again?

Indy can do the damage if they are healthy. just like last year. the only reason they lost this year is because their defense stopped trying in the second half.

But, they're not healthy, so...

Also, I find it hilarious that they allegedly "stopped trying" in the second half. That's just a reason they're either dumb or lazy, not a reason they'll beat the Pats...

P.S. - The Jets score was 20-10.

But, they're not healthy, so...

they aren't? enlighten me please.

Also, I find it hilarious that they allegedly "stopped trying" in the second half. That's just a reason they're either dumb or lazy, not a reason they'll beat the Pats...

haha.

true, but its my excuse.

but honestly, they just lost their fervor. i got the feeling they were relying on the offense too much during that game. not that you shouldn't but it was more than necessary which cost them the game.

P.S. - The Jets score was 20-10.

still doesn't disprove my point.

Haha a professional team "stopped trying." Yeah...suuuuuure.

haha.

well, my excuse is above. ^^^^^

--------

Hahaha. The G-men choked. Despite my efforts to try to curse/jinx the Patriots. It almost worked.

They def gonna go undefeated, tho. ;)

More than anything, the close score was a result of some uncharacteristic lack of discipline by the Pats.

Take out the excessive celebration penalty on Moss after the first touchdown and the personal foul on Harrison during the Giants' last drive....the Giants would have needed a flawless performance by Eli Manning to have stayed in the game.

As it were, they got an above-average effort from their quarterback and a spirited assault on Brady by the defensive line.

It just wasn't enough - further proof that you need to play perfect to beat the Pats.

Maybe you should leave this football subject alone for a while...its not your fortè

The attempt to look smarter by adding an accent mark is negated by putting it in the wrong direction.

Forté

• Upvote 1

Hahaha. The G-men choked. Despite my efforts to try to curse/jinx the Patriots. It almost worked.

sorry for not responding for an entire day burns.

it ALMOST worked.

it was an awesome game.

the giants poured their heart and soul in the game, and the outcome was a 3 point loss to the undefeated pats. i still respect that.

They def gonna go undefeated, tho. ;)

but indy can do damage, and you know it.

More than anything, the close score was a result of some uncharacteristic lack of discipline by the Pats.

Take out the excessive celebration penalty on Moss after the first touchdown and the personal foul on Harrison during the Giants' last drive....the Giants would have needed a flawless performance by Eli Manning to have stayed in the game.

Eli Manning played well, there was no doubt about it. the interception was an overthrown pass.

The defense let the giants down (3rd and 12, and the giants failed to stop the patriots who would’ve had to settle for a field goal making it a 6 point game late in the 4th), NOT eli manning.

And personal fouls?

How about the 15 yard personal foul on toomer, for watching a patriot slip and fall by himself which was replayed numerous times

The lack of a personal foul on new England with the eye-poking? (that was funny)

The officiating that took place was crap.

And yes, you need to play perfectly to beat the pats.

Yeah, word. And really, was anybody surprised by the inevitable crucial Eli Manning interception? But seriously, congrats to you and all Pats fans. I hate the Pats but those 4 records they set are all amazin accomplishments, love 'em or hate 'em.

Y'all do realize the 16-0 needs to have an asterisk tho, right?

Edit: ROFL @ whoever just voted no in the poll.

they can still lose a game burns. The poll doesn’t refer to the regular season alone.

Asterisk? Why?

Congrats to all pats fans too.

the interception contrasted most of the ones thrown by eli this year.

And at the rate he was playing, yes it was a surprise.

Finally, congrats to all giants fans.

They put up one hell of a fight, making it one of the best games I’ve ever seen.

Better than San Diego against Indy (that was SICK)

Maybe you should LICK MY BALLSACK

haha.

lolz omfg @ wsh 27 > dal 6, who is 0-10 on third.

that was a shocker.

Sorry to Titans fans, but Vince Young is just terrible. Halfway through the third quarter, they had seven points against the Colts' B defense.

Young goes down, Collins comes in, Titans roll.

Even if Vince is healthy by next week, Jeff Fisher should seriously reconsider the order on his depth chart.

I am going to agree that Vince Young does not really have what it takes to pass in the NFL. . .yet my verdict is still out though. However there is one thing he does, he does it ugly, but he does win. He wins more then he loses (18-11 as a starter) and what more can you ask from a quarterback? I know the ugly way he gets it done turns people off because that sloppy play could easily lead to losses, but ugly looking QB's can get the job done too. Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson have won Super Bowls this century and no one is thinking about comparing them to Tom Brady in terms of how they win games. So just give Vince Young some time (c'mon the guy did get his team to 8-8 last year and to the playoffs this year (he isn't doing too shabby)) and see what he becomes. I agree if he doesn't play better his team, specifically the defense, will not be able to salvage a victory from the Chargers. You can't bench him for Collins though. We all know what you get from Collins (nothing that special) and with Young, who knows, he might have another Rose Bowl performance (although I would not bet on it)

• Upvote 1

i'm still sticking with my packers prediction, and anyone that doubts me can go fuck a duck, unless you're cool in which case, you're entitled to your own opinion, but you're still wrong.

The colts just suck, peyton manning is waaayy overrated (he's good, but still overrated) and the giants suck major dick, Eli Manning is terrible.

The Redskins will lose to the packers in the championship game and the pack narrowly defeats the Patriots in the superbowl.

• Upvote 1

The attempt to look smarter by adding an accent mark is negated by putting it in the wrong direction.

Forté

i can not tell the difference between the two (lack of contacts/glasses while typing this)...your spelling of the word still looks incorrect (potentially not, still not wearing glasses). moreover your attempt to belittle me looks all the more pathetic when your diction consists of using the word "smarter." get out of the third grade jr. (you disgrace a noteworthy school/education)

and what's this about an asterisk? you honestly think that video recordings of practices/games in the nfl dont happen by all teams. this was only a big deal 1. because the patriots organization denied taping in the manner in which it was alleged that they were and 2. because they're an amazing team with a target on their back.

Eric Mangini and the Jets organization do the same kind of taping specifically during pre and regular season games over the past couple of years at both end zones (which for some reason is permitted by the nfl...complete bullshit). This shit about acknowledging a so called spygate in record books is ridiculous.

• Downvote 1

Burns, (and I guess those that agree with him,) why would cheating in this one instance actually help them achieve a perfect season? Assuming this was the last instance that they were able to tape the opposing team's coordinators, especially since many were in the press boxes, how did this help them go 16-0?

I guess my line of questioning is based off of my belief that the asterisk should be there only if it actually helped them go 16-0 the whole season. I understand the immorality of the action and possible justification for the asterisk...but I mean...give 'em a break. They're a good team.