cx-ydebater

Overland- Dec. 8

Actually, the Overland Tournament is on December 1, against the Chatfield Chill here in the metro area. On December 8, Cherry Creek will host the Winter Wonder tournament.

I know that Christine Sukup, the coach at Overland, has already sent out invitations. According to the invitation I received on November 11, the registration process will be through http://www.speechmeets.com. You can find the invitation there.

Marti Benham sent invitations to the Winter Wonder on November 19. She is handling registrations manually. If you are looking to come up here on December 8, you may want to contact her at mbenham@cherrycreekschools.org.

I'll be judging at Overland on the first -- I know that Alex Greenspan will also be judging CX. Sorry, Ms. Peters -- while Greenspan and I are both Jeffco residents (Chatfield is actually his home school), our loyalty is to Littleton first, and that means helping out at the meets they attend.

thank you for the info. we are a little out of the loop down south. i always have to track down my invitations...

greg you will be there! we shall meet at last.

thanks again ms. peters

I will almost certainly be judging this weekend and the following one at Creek. I think GW usually went to Overland, so I'll probably be there, but if they're at Chatfield, that's where I'll be.

Finals were as follows:

Kent DS d. Creek AL (3-0, Massey, Sobetski, A. Bernhardt)

Creek HC d. Kent KM

1. Kent DS

2. Creek HC

3. Creek AL

4. Kent KM

5. East ZW

6. GW ??

I judged 8 debates, all of which were worthwhile and many of which were fantastic. The judging pool was great: Aaron Bernhardt, Travis Beach, Michelin Massey, Mark Ebert, Mike Mauro, Isabel Brotman-Evans (she only uses one of those names now, but I forget which one), Becca Borden, Jimmy Thornton, and probably people I'm forgetting were all there.

Sweet tourney, anyways.

much agreed greg. thanks to all the judges who supported us today. having experienced judges makes all the difference in the world. we definitely do not take you for granted.

This was the first tournament I've judged all year, & I was very impressed with the teams I saw. If anyone that posts on here had me as a judge & has questions about my decision, let me know.

becca borden