Sign in to follow this  
Maher18

Tigers vs. Jayhawks

holy shit get a life.

I'm not the one with 1200+ posts.

To some debate is a life (for example you and me) and to others sports are a life (WillyG and BigD)

Having debate as "your life" is much worse.

• Upvote 1

touche on the post count... however i have like 100 in the past 6 months... the others are from freshman and sophomore year.

im just saying... i love sports... why are you talking about them on cross-x.com in the missouri forum...? let alone writing a massive essay with detailed responses.

shouldn't you be like masturbating to sportscenter or pardon the interruption or something?

:edit: and for the record debate isn't completely my life... i try to balance it out and shit.

::edit:: also- im a mizzou fan. go tigers.

• Downvote 1

I don't think that MU's offense has been tested thus far. The only team that they have faced with a favorable defense was Oklahoma. The teams that they have played, not including Illinois State, combined, give up an average of 395 yards per game. I'm not saying that KU has gone up against great defenses all year, but they've had noted success on the offensive side of the ball this year as well.

Plus, I think it might be a bit cold, and possibly wet on Saturday, which will make the rushing game a much bigger factor. I'm not saying that Temple is not a good back, but KU has a pretty solid rush defense. They've allowed less than 950 yards on the ground, and allow less than 3 yards per rush. If they have shut down Texas A&M awesome backs, they can shut Temple down, too.

unfortunately 200 of those yards were against Ok State, a known running threat. ku's offense scorched them which gave them the win, however i find this defense to be one of the more overrated defenses in the country (they have allowed big time receivers like maurice purify and jordy nelson to get at least 100 yards a game through the air). however youre right, brandon mcanderson and jake sharp (and todd reesing for that matter) should combine for over 150 yds in this game and that could be the difference in the game.

jumpshot would say go ku

I know he would say go ku, but i know he would have some really long logical reason that has nothing to do with football as to why ku would win.

“Kansas - Missouri hatred dates back to the 1850’s…pre Civil war, hideous tales of rape, and murder, and pillage…Missourians once burned Lawrence to the ground…”

At that moment, the entire Missouri cheering section erupted in cheers. Pathetic. A sign behind fowler reads “Billy Quantrill, a true American hero.”

Seriously, what is wrong with them? No matter what happens, Mizzou fans should be ashamed of how they've acted all week.

Rock Chalk.

After the first quarter MU is looking pretty strong, except for that who fake field goal pass... not a good idea

Did I mention the badass defense?

MU 7-KU 0

KU has made a huge mistake by abadoning the run game this early. At this rate the MU defense will still be fresh in the 4th, but if they ran McAnderson and Sharp right at 'em and put together a solid drive they'll get some confidence back that has been deflated from two missed field goals.

The KU defense won't be able to get the MU offense off the field as the game goes on, so they need to win the time of posession battle to disrupt their rhythm.

The MU pass rush has appeared to be pretty effective and Reesing isn't making great decisions today.

KU has made a huge mistake by abadoning the run game this early. At this rate the MU defense will still be fresh in the 4th, but if they ran McAnderson and Sharp right at 'em and put together a solid drive they'll get some confidence back that has been deflated from two missed field goals.

The KU defense won't be able to get the MU offense off the field as the game goes on, so they need to win the time of posession battle to disrupt their rhythm.

The MU pass rush has appeared to be pretty effective and Reesing isn't making great decisions today.

I wouldn't say its Reesing's fault all the way. They had third down at the Missouri 16 and the wide receiver just dropped the ball after it hit him in the hands. They should have scored there. There not out of it but MU has looked much faster than Kansas.

Unfortunately, I think the Big 12 championship game will resemble the Tigers' visit to Norman earlier this year.
This time the game will be played on a neutral field, and weather won't be a factor. I think the Tigers will still have their hands full, but they are certainly a more confident team than they were the first time the two teams met (and Mizzou basically beat itself). I would also expect Stoops to coach rings around Pinkel, who is Mizzou's achilles heel far more than its defense is. It will certainly be an interesting re-match, but the team with more experience in big games tends to prevail in these things...

I would also expect Stoops to coach rings around Pinkel, who is Mizzou's achilles heel ...

amen. the timeout usage was terrible. and i'm def worried about oklahoma.

huh, looks like all those 9 receivers, yes that extensive list of high stat receivers i talked about, was too much to handle, ehh Big D...? and oh, and looks like i didn't forget about the defensive line comparison, or how our D always steps up in big games, (although our secondary was terrible after the first half). just sayin, you can bring all the stats you want, but the "schedule bandwagon" was the root of my arguments for a reason.

and god am i tired of ohio. west virginia and USC if stuff doesn't work out is what i'd like to see. i shuld be tired of USC, but i don't have a reason to hate them either. they're deserving now that they have their players back. and i hope georgia doesn't get to play if stuff gets weird because i think they're awful.

good night to all! except you jayhawk losers.

lol ku got pwnt.

They did but if the kicker makes the field goals there in overtime, if Reesing doesn't throw the interception they win, if the receiver doesn't drop the ball that hits him in the hands they convert and end up about to score and win. KU had chances. Saying Kansas is overrated though is not correct. They lost by 6 points to the #1 team in the country. Missouri will beat Oklahoma. Missouri should have won that first meeting they led in the 4th but had a few costly turnovers.

Bottom line: Todd Reesing, there is no excuse for the overthrow interception to William Moore in the first quarter, and a horrendous failed third down conversion towards the end of the first half with a shabby throw behind the receiver (Briscoe or whatever) that wouldve been for first down yardage and quite possibly a touchdown.

The best team won the game... that's all there is to say about it. Reesing couldn't handle the pressure. Mizzou's defensive philosophy of bending but not breaking was the difference. The game wasn't as close as the score, Mizzou is in a different leauge than KU... Mizzou has the toughest game of the season ahead of them now. They are a different team than what they were at the start of the season, with focus and energy. OU has no clue what is about to hit them!!

• Downvote 1